Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Gd macho man was legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I prefer pepperoni over slim jims

ricky from trailer park boys was so wise

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I've never had a Slim Jim. Doesn't seem worth it IMHO

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Slim Jims give me strong “landjager that was chemically altered so it could live forever in a gas station” vibes.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Yeah I'm not really a granola gyal and my people live off canned spam so it's not quite concern over preservatives or artifice either, but something about the Slim Jim specifically does not feel right.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Doc Fission posted:

Yeah I'm not really a granola gyal and my people live off canned spam so it's not quite concern over preservatives or artifice either, but something about the Slim Jim specifically does not feel right.

I'm just against any food that involves someone screaming at me about snapping in.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

I think it's the grease inside a Slim Jim. It's coating & durable, like house paint. It's also weirdly caustic; I've chewed a Slim Jim... wrong, I guess, so that the grease shot out and hit the back of my throat and it left a little dime sized spot of irritated flesh there for the rest of the day. It's inimical snackage.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Dont eat spicy stuff as a midnight snack (example: jalapeno chips) or your intestines will say hello around 4 am

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
living in wisconsin there is almost always a display stand of cylindrical meats produced just a few miles away that are far superior to slim jims.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I had some Jack Links beef sticks because I figured hey, I like beef, I like meat sticks, this'll be good.

It loving wasn't. It was like a spiceless Slim Jim and the grease turned sandy as you chewed. The meat was almost completely flavorless save for notes of dogfood, fart, and old cardboard.

How did they gently caress these up so bad?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

20 Blunts posted:

living in wisconsin there is almost always a display stand of cylindrical meats produced just a few miles away that are far superior to slim jims.

Yeah a landjager is basically a Slim Jim before it's inflicted with the Darksign.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

mysterious frankie posted:

I think it's the grease inside a Slim Jim. It's coating & durable, like house paint. It's also weirdly caustic; I've chewed a Slim Jim... wrong, I guess, so that the grease shot out and hit the back of my throat and it left a little dime sized spot of irritated flesh there for the rest of the day. It's inimical snackage.

Yeah it’s supposed to do that

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

dr.acula posted:

Dont eat spicy stuff as a midnight snack (example: jalapeno chips) or your intestines will say hello around 4 am

Just the thought of doing this and laying back down is making me grab some tums.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah it’s supposed to do that

Well, it shouldn't.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Old dutch has or had a spiced neat stick that was shaped like a ruler and much better than the slim jims and hot rods. Its not jerky but its tasty.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Never had a slim jim, but these are pretty common in my neck of Canada:

They come in 5" an 10" sizes I think.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah they fuckin' suck. That hockey puck with the probably offensive native American on it fulla beef dust is better than hotrods.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

mysterious frankie posted:

i swallowed a single snap wrong earlier and thought i was dying for a little bit. very cool

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

No snack tonight muffins. My meds hosed with my appetite so I've just been picking at a jar of peaches all day but I ended up stopping well before dark.

No need to fret. I will soon rejoin you all on the good ship Snacky.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I ate a bar of dark chocolate and then got on the elliptical to erase it. Mmm free chocolate.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
got some peanut butter pretzel nugs

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You ever have those pretzel bites covered in mustard powder? Those are so good but I haven't seen them in years in Canada.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

these? and hell yeah, I'm from Pennsylvania I ate a lot of snyders snacks

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The bag looks different but I remember the name, so yes. Dry mustard crunch bread.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

pizza rolls as a delivery device for hot sauce

el yucateco habanero mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Charles Bukowski posted:

You ever have those pretzel bites covered in mustard powder? Those are so good but I haven't seen them in years in Canada.

Dunno what part of Canada you're in, but try Metro/Freshco supermarkets, as well as convenience stores for Snyder's.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I got really crossfaded and ordered Wendy's.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Doc Fission posted:

I got really crossfaded and ordered Wendy's.

Foolish.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

room temperature fast food that you paid 2x the already high prices due to delivery is never a good buy

substances obviously change the calculus though

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wendys burgies are room temperature when you buy them in store.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Charles Bukowski posted:

Wendys burgies are room temperature when you buy them in store.

*shivers as if someone is walking over my grave*

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
cold hot dog

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

cold hot dog

Grilled and then cooled down or right from the watery package?

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
God drat the Big John's jerky sold in SA mart is legitimately hard to stop eating. If you buy in bulk it's cheaper than the gas station meat sticks anyway

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

Grilled and then cooled down or right from the watery package?

right from the package

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Kevin DuBrow posted:

God drat the Big John's jerky sold in SA mart is legitimately hard to stop eating. If you buy in bulk it's cheaper than the gas station meat sticks anyway

Play your cards right and you might have a little bit stuck between your teeth in the morning. The midnight snack that keeps giving.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Aardvark! posted:

right from the package

Dear God, goon.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Aardvark is unabashedly the gooniest mod and I respect it.

anyway I just had an apple and peanut butter

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Revins posted:

Aardvark is unabashedly the gooniest mod and I respect it.

anyway I just had an apple and peanut butter

blues clues showed me this snack when i was a youngin

that dog is so wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the original Steve released an album and I remember listening to it while playing timesplitters 2 with a friend and it wasn't bad