Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

If this arc is a low point, then color me excited. I like seeing all these quirk matchups and I want to see Monoma be effective for at least a little bit before he gets his rear end kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Larryb posted:

Which makes me wonder, if Eraserhead used his quirk on Hagakure would she become visible?

Doesn't he have to be able to see people in the first place to turn them off?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Tabletops posted:

Is it just me or does sero seem really strong on paper

Sero seems like a really great fit for an everyday superhero. His tape is great for nonlethal takedowns and immobilization, as well as saving people from a distance. He's really not all that different from spider-man, minus the strength and spidey-sense. I want Class A to win this one and I hope Sero, Jirou, and Bakugo all get good moments, cause I think they all kick rear end. Sato is lame but I think they all make for a good team composition and I assume their biggest obstacle will be Bakugo.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I like this plot development, I only wish it happened sooner as to make Deku less OP. Though this probably means his super-strength won't be trained as much in favor of the new quirks as they come, so maybe he won't be so overpowering as to be boring. It also opens up lots of possibilities for Deku to show off his cleverness, I felt like they were running out of things to do with his super strength. This does make me look forward to the final showdown with Shigaraki when they're both wielding multiple quirks.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I didn't hate that episode as much as other people seem to, but yeah the pacing here as a non manga reader feels real weird compared to last season, and having a 3 week break after an episode like that is a pretty big snooze.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It could totally veer from this direction obviously, but shigaraki is useless against deku in a 1 on 1 at this point and this is a shonen show, so I'm fully expecting shigs to get all of AFO's powers after he escapes and dies or something like that to raise the stakes. (don't spoil if this happens or not though)

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah clearly something is going to happen with Eri, could just be lemillion getting his quirk back but I totally forgot about the forced quirk activation, that could very much be a big turning point.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I was at a bookstore today and I wandered past the comic section and there was a MHA volume facing outward so I took a look at it. Normally I avoid manga that isn't colored jojo's because I can't stand B&W anything, but I really liked the art in it anyway, and I feel like I have a good enough sense of the anime's color palette that it wouldn't bother me much. Also there's some sort of wacky spinoff series called MHA Smash that seems to be cute little side stories and stuff? I hadn't heard of it before but it sounds exactly up my alley considering they have all these great characters that don't get enough screen time. Also Vigilantes sounds good and I could read that too, so I guess I might as well get used to manga.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I definitely think once this season is over, I'm going to just read the manga(s) and just watch the dub when it comes around, a lot of these omissions do seem egregious.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It is really irritating too to have scattered moments of amazing animation surrounded by mostly dull stuff and way too many slideshows. Like Shoto's first big fireball and Deku's universe of punches were such stunning moments, and the only good recent moment I can think of is when Ochaco nimbly jumped around to hide her all might keychain. There are a number of other action anime that are showing up much better in that department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I like that it's ending soon, seeing as it already has a few manga spin offs, there could be more anime stuff too.