Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

and since learning how the vantablack-style pigment is made the guys working on the new stuff have also developed other colors as well. The Pinkest Pink is pretty wild to see IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah vantablack if I recall has to be handled pretty carefully, it's very fragile and easy to kick some of the pigment up/chip some of the paint off and inhale it, which you DO NOT want to do. You can't really seal it because even the slightest coat of another material ruins the light scattering effect, so anything painted with it needs to be very carefully maintained. In addition to all that, these pigments are actually pretty drat expensive but getting less so as processes to make them get more efficient.

The Pinkest Pink is cool because it's got the same effect as Vantablack (I forget what the new, non-copyrighted version is called) but because it's an actual color and not just black like darkness, your brain really hates coming to terms with it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

so maybe don't hold him up as a proletariat hero of the art world

also, no one is doing that? there's like 10 posts, you can read them all on the same page. no one said anything about semple (or even mentioned his name other than a vague "the guy") other than that his pigments are better and less restrictive to use lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 27, 2021

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

you're right, my wording was unnecessarily combative. a friend of mine has been getting dogpiled by semple's sycophants since calling him out for launching a ton of nft's so it's a weirdly touchy subject, i edited the post to reflect what i was actually trying to say instead of being mad at the guy and his weird fans

it's fine, there's a few artists I've decided to stop supporting due to their turn into NFT territory so I understand lol. Gorillaz putting some out almost broke my heart, you know due to their whole rallying against environmental damage and more specifically pumping out corporate waste into the environment while getting meaningless bullshit in return, but I figured that's mostly the ideas of their dogshit manager they either can't or won't get rid of for some reason lol

christmas boots posted:

too late it's canon now

gently caress

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh jay posted:

Every NFT sold only hurts No. 7 hero Kamui Woods all the more.

this is the real reason they're bad tbh

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Nah that’s just because Damon albarn us a gigantic loving moron who finds the worst moments possible to talk poo poo, he’s been doing it for like 30 years

that too. They've been pretty annoying for a bunch of different reasons the past decade, and I'm assuming for longer but I was willing to let a lot slide during those first three albums lol. hell of a run.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah B's going to win this next one so that the main character isn't in a "your side can't lose; at worst, you'll tie, so you don't have to try so hard this round" situation

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sero's costume also rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

apprehensive about this plot but I'll give it time like everyone says. It helps that most of my other favorite characters are Not Deku I guess lol