Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Immediately gotta run in with "YEAH BUT HOW GREAT WERE THEY THOUGH"

Like, completely oblivious to how much shittier it comes across when it's said after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
1-A was on the back foot for all but one moment of the fight

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As always, it's important to remember that being a hero goes beyond just kicking rear end. Ojiro is not going to be fighting All for One, but he's probably damned useful in a rescue situation like Tsuyu. Problem is that he's got classmates who can effectively do both.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Revelry in the dark

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Are you okay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
His quirk rules, are you kidding me?

His costume rules!

Hell, HE'D rule if he just...toned it down even a little.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really wonder sometimes if he put Bakugo in the story just because he can be fun to draw.

Probably more to it than that, but drat you can do a lot when you draw Bakugo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was gonna effort post about Bakugo but instead I'll just say Bakugo/Deku vs All Might was pretty much "these kids' insecurities are getting in their way: the fight" and was supposed to showcase how dumb and stubborn they both were being in their adoration of All Might. Bakugo broke himself because he refused to have his battle strategy challenged and Deku refused to consider the possibility that maybe you just don't run away from the threat in front of you. Neither of em had a great showing.

This recent team fight was just to show how effortlessly Bakugo can take point on a team, but the real improvement wasn't just him giving the grenades to his team but his trusting that they'll deliver in what they needed to. Early series Bakugo would have told Jiro she wasn't necessary and just to watch him solo the fight. Instead he knew she'd find everything and the rest of the team would have his back when he needed. The big dumb angry idiot kid CAN trust, even if it looks/sounds/feels like he can't. His personality sucks rear end but he can do his part.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spiritus Nox posted:

Deku and Ochako are cute imo

Hot take but heck, I agree

Ochako in general just kicks rear end

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I do think a lot was riding on Monoma getting to copy Deku's supposed super strength. If he could have kept Deku busy for 3-5 minutes, the others could have captured some of the rest of the team.

Shinso did what he could, but ultimately Deku's group went in prepared for brainwashing, things went nuts when Deku blew up, and then Monoma couldn't copy the quirk.

Just unlucky, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We know that, they don't.