Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I thought this episode was good we got a look at what Endeavor becoming the #1 hero means with regards to his relationship with his family as well as the set up of the plots for Deku and Hawks. I guess other people just expect every episode to be non-stop punching and screaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
In which case that's my mistake as I thought people were commenting on the content of the episode. I don't think that the animation was that bad though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
The contrast between the two teams being that mushroom girl was willing to use lethal force to win while Momo created a canon that was designed to support the team rather than attack with everyone watching shocked that at first glance it looked like she had created something so dangerous was strange. Is the take away from the fight that it would have been better to make a weapon that could have blown Kendo and the rest of the 1-B team away? I don't think that is what was intended but I thought that the fight was going to end with 1-B disqualified after the mushroom stunt.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I really like Mudman's costume, especially how his helmet deals up when he needs to submerge.

Was it ever said who gave the recommended students their recommendations?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It get mentioned that Deku has access to six quirks and that he's the eighth user of One for All, do we know who was the other user without a quirk was? I have a vague memory that we were told All Might was also quirkless I'm not sure if I'm misremembering that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Having the teams drawn at random ended up with reasonably balanced teams but I keep thinking it would have been funny to have seen a class 1-A team of something like Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki, Momo and Shinso together.