Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The trailer for the new movie was also revealed today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-zXGtewgPo

I can't believe Deku is a mass murderer.

I should note that the movie takes place during an arc that we might see the start of at the end of this season. It's unclear how much it will spoil about the rest of the season, so be careful about looking up info about the movie if you don't want to see that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure All Might was already #1 before Endeavor graduated UA. He's been around for a long time.

We know All Might spent time in America after his master died in order to hide for All For One, I wonder just how much of his schooling was spent overseas.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

I mean, invisible girl's quirk is about as suited for fighting robots as Shinso's and she made it in the hero course. Seems like the problem is as much with him as the entrance exam.

I'm pretty sure Hagakure passed by simply walking up to the robots and turning them off/ripping out their circuits. Not sure how any of the judges watching all the students would notice the invisible one though.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

A parallel between him and Izuku that stuck out to me as I rewatched the anime is how they both really didn't exercise their bodies much if at all.

I know some people have used this to attack Izuku saying that "he didn't really want to get in or he'd have worked out more." Well, Shinso didn't work out at all either and they both needed external motivation to get swole.

All Might gave Tokoyami the same advice at the end of the Sports Festival. He was a twig back then who relied solely on Dark Shadow.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nighteye wasn't great, but that arc also gave us Mirio, Eri, Fatgum, and Rock Lock who are all just wonderful, as well as 100% Deku kicking the poo poo out of Overhaul, which was awesome.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sankara posted:

It doesn't seem like he can make very much, I think shocking some baddies is a reasonable use of his time. Perhaps a side gig where he fills batteries or something.

I'm pretty sure all of his friends make him charge their phones, so he can do that much at least.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

christmas boots posted:

At this point being let in on recommendations just means that someone is going to beat you but feel like they lost. We saw that happen in this arc and before with Bakugo v. Todoroki

You gotta make the rich kids feel like they accomplished something, their families donate a lot to the school.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He should cover his tail is spikes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I would love to see Monoma traded to 1-A just to see how he would react. Would his brain break, or would he just instantly switch to going "haha, class A rules, gently caress you class B!"?

Also, I would trade Momo for Kendo in a heartbeat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well they are different types of Adhesive. Bondo can shoot glue, while for Awase any two things he touches are fused together at the atomic level.

We've seen a little bit of these quirks before, Bondo briefly used his glue on Bakugou's group in the cavalierly battle way back in the Sports Festival, and we saw Awase use his during the Summer Camp attack. First, after Momo was injured during the Summer Camp attack, he fused their arms together so he wouldn't drop her while running from the nomu, and then to fuse a tracking device to the nomu's back as it was leaving.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Eej posted:

It falls under the same weaknesses of AfO, like how Best Jeanist's quirk is useless to AfO because it takes a lifetime to master it.

I mean, AfO has lived for several lifetimes, so he could take the time to master it, but he's just lazy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New episode also means new sketch.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1398556185981120515

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Caphi posted:

Ochako owns.

Ochakowns

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

The new episode is out and it brought up one of the only things I really don't like about Deku getting a bunch of new quirks - it's such a wild departure from super strength that it makes everyone seem like an idiot for just accepting that it's some new facet of his existing quirk. Like Kirishima said, it's a pretty big departure from his usual thing. It really seems like All Might and Deku should have told Aizawa at the very least by now.

Turns out the reason All Might was able to keep it a secret all this time is because everyone else is a loving moron.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Uraraka is better at stealth attacks than the invisible girl.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Between taking charge when Deku lost control and coming up with a plan to stop him, and then taking out 3 members of Class B, Uraraka is far and away the MVP of this match.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Monoma copied Deku's quirk, then his arms probably would have been blown off, so it's probably for the best he wasn't successful.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The thing with Deku's big fights is that they all happen out of the public eye with only a hand full of witnesses. The Overhaul fight probably should have been a bigger deal since it eventually ended up in a public area, but Deku also beat him down in a few seconds and I think most of the people in the surrounding houses were at work at the time.

Bakugou and Todoroki's fight happened in the middle of the city with with witnesses everywhere. Plus, Todoroki is the son of the current number 1 hero, so he was always going to gain more attention.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Was that post-credit scene a teaser for the next movie or am I forgetting something re: the skipped arc?

That's a movie teaser.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku was never good at figuring out percentages in math class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I've never seen a Shonen Jump movie gently caress over the anime it's based on so hard before

I don't think you can blame cutting out entire character motivations on just the movie. There's probably a lot of other dumb stuff going on behind the scenes that we'll probably never hear about.