Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Opm season 2 vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This arc was super boring in the manga so I hope it's better in animation.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Momo is definitely “why is this character even in the story” tier useless, which makes it pretty weird that the manga still talks her up.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The galling thing about this matchup is not just the 1-A team losing, but how incompetent they all look doing it. It ends up looking like the B class should've been the protagonists instead.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The losers will be killed. Or worse, expelled.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, this arc mostly just makes everyone in 1-A but the main trio look really weak. I appreciate 1-B not being chumps and getting cool moments, but it feels like they rob the class we actually spend time with of all the spotlight.

I also wish Monoma had more than one personality trait.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Spidey also once beat up a herald of galactus.

And couldn't Mineta bean you in the face with one of his balls and suffocate you?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
If All Might is the guy taking on Darkseid, Sugarman's probably at least beating up some Parademons in the background

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

also bakugo rules, though i did feel like the episode was a little more masturbatory towards him than it needed to be. even monoma couldn't come up with anything mean to say about bakugo

That's basically every time he's on screen and it's really old by now

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Entirely fair. There are isekais that fellate the main character less than this story does Bakugo.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

Well he dresses like a stage magician that got kicked out Las Vegas for being too lame so it's hard to say but he does keep going down to one firm karate chop from Kendo so I'm going to guess "not very."

Kendo is strong enough to punch straight through tungsten tho

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
All Might never had access to the other users' quirks, if I recall

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Might be stalling to avoid overtaking the manga

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's like they ruined the show on purpose. And for what? The movie isn't even going to be good, just 90 minutes of flashing colours that isn't even part of the story.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's funny to me that every superhero property draws people going "lul just use gun," especially when we see Power vs. Gun play out on screen/page/panel and Power generally wins

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I believe there’s databook info that America rolled it’s quirk use laws into the right to bear arms.

Not a databook, but a spinoff manga, Vigilantes.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
For some reason the people doing the anime have gone full Hayes Code and decided villains should never get any nuance

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Personally, I think it’s straight up the villains aren’t allowed to be humanised by some producer/director near the top’s personal opinion.

Guess literally every arc after this is gonna be similarly butchered, then!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Just drop the show and switch to the manga if you still like MHA, it's unwatchable now

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I agree with the guy who said it feels like there was an order from on high to strip all characterisation and nuance from the villains

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
He literally has PTSD nightmares of his first battle with All Might, that doesn't sound like he had fun :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
There honestly isn't anything in the manga ahead even worth adapting, especially after they ruined MVA. Treat it as something to hatewatch and make fun of, you'll at least get a little enjoyment from it