Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
If you guys like mushrooms then you should checkout Dorohedoro anime (its on netflix for Australians). The boss En has mushroom magic, if he loses control mushrooms explode and consume everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dorohedoro/comments/f85kun/just_finished_the_manga_and_had_to_draw_mushroom/

Dude eats his own mushrooms.

Anyway I really liked Shinso (brain washing dude). He's going to absolutely destroy everyone in the future. His quirk really needs to be kept a secret and a cover quirk needs to be created for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

I sure hope not. Much like Deku, a lot of what makes All Might enjoyable is that he's absolutely not special - he's just some Quirkless guy that got OFA then was so goddamn focused on saving everyone that he reshaped society itself around himself without even intending to and became the Symbol of Peace. If he was suddenly shown to be the son of Great Hero, the Greatest Hero to Ever Hero Greatly (before All Might) it'd just ruin him.

I had imagined that once All Might fell, a new symbol of peace would arise that wasn't centered around one person. The obsession with one hero saving us all is a problematic message to send to viewers.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
No idea how mineta is in class A, he's subpar quirk is useless and gets shoehorned into the show. Up there with invisible girl for uselessness.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not sure what you mean his quirk is quite powerful. The second he trapped a robot with it he would also get a point.
And out in the wild he'd have his head bashed in before he got a chance to squeeze a ball. You have to step on them to get trapped, maybe he's better as a support hero. I dont know I found him super voring

Mordaedil posted:

Being invisible is pretty great for infiltrating areas, no clue what you mean about useless. It's not power worthy or showy I guess, so if all you measure "worth" by is those measurements, then yeah, 90% of people in this show are useless.
Sure maybe for beating robbers but when you're up against an offensive super hero of any kind you're screwed. Compare her power to Mr Beast dude in class B who can sniff out location AND identify people by their smell.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Class A and B aren't really demarcated by power, I think it's just random (aside from maybe the whole Todoroki in Aizawa's class thing). Both classes have two recommended students in them.

Frankly I find most of class B more interesting/cooler than about half of Class A.
Oh really? I didn't know. That makes a lot of sense actually, when you have too many students youd create a second class at university.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Sugar guy needs to get an insulin pump installed to variably alter his glucose intake. but maybe his power doesnt work that way

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Bakugo nuking cum-boy without stopping the chase is an insane display of power and agility. AND he even held back in his attacks.

Shinjobi posted:

This recent team fight was just to show how effortlessly Bakugo can take point on a team, but the real improvement wasn't just him giving the grenades to his team but his trusting that they'll deliver in what they needed to. Early series Bakugo would have told Jiro she wasn't necessary and just to watch him solo the fight. Instead he knew she'd find everything and the rest of the team would have his back when he needed. The big dumb angry idiot kid CAN trust, even if it looks/sounds/feels like he can't. His personality sucks rear end but he can do his part.
Yeah if he ever becomes level headed and less like Endeavor stubborn/crazy, he could easily be #1 of Class A and the school.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zeron posted:

In all honesty it's a bit narratively annoying to give the most overpowered character even more quirks when All Might was the greatest hero ever with an inferior version of the quirk. But otoh Izuku kind of got pretty boring the instant he became able to use OfA without hurting himself so it'll be nice to give him some more options to actually use his intellect on instead of relying on SMASH. He was already so overpowered that making him more overpowered barely registers too.

If they play it right it'll honestly be more of a hindrance than a help, if he has to split his attention between developing/learning to control multiple quirks he's going to end up far behind where he would have been if he just focused on controlling the superstrength part alone.

I agree, this is dumb.

Compare Deku to Togata, both have quirks that are hard to control/use due to the drawbacks associated with each. Togata is strong because he took his quirk to the next level. Deku hasn't pushed it to the next level, he just got control of it yet now he gets all these other quirks. I don't know, it feels more rushed or too soon.

It kinda reminds me of One Piece devil fruit powers. There are those who have fairly basic powers (Luffy with his rubber) yet take it to the next level again and again. Then you have those with insane powers, only because their devil fruit is strong (the admirals come to mind).

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
You guys remember Naruto fillers???
https://www.nofilleranime.com/filler-guides/naruto/

At one point I remember there were more fillers than canon episodes.

IMO the current filler isn't that bad, for fillers it's actually pretty good!

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Bakugo exploding with precision is amazing. Also he's a natural born leader.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I love All for One, he is such a great villain. Why does he create these freaks? cause he likes the taste.

I'm guessing he's the true villain of the series, at least I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Eej posted:

Well he also did make some pseudosciencey link between a quirk influencing one's personality so in this world having a stress quirk predisposes you towards it etc

That's bordering on One Punch Man territory of 'I ate a lot of crab meat so I became a CrabMan' monster.

Twice and Toga are loving awesome.