Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The show has had bad writing since Colin Jost took over as head writer. The cast is generally pretty great, but Colin is just an awful writer and it won't get any better until he leaves. Lorne just loves him for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ArtVandelay posted:

The show has had bad writing since Colin Jost took over as head writer. The cast is generally pretty great, but Colin is just an awful writer and it won't get any better until he leaves. Lorne just loves him for some reason.

Lorne definitely has a type...there is always someone who looks like Jost, but it's a Highlander-scenario where there can only be one...

....sorry Luke Null, Brooks Wheelan, and Taran Killam.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jesus, putting them like that. If I didn't know better I'd swear the next name listed would be Bobson Dugnutt.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just lol that SNL couldn’t make good use of Tim Robinson as a writer or performer

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Lorne definitely has a type...there is always someone who looks like Jost, but it's a Highlander-scenario where there can only be one...

....sorry Luke Null, Brooks Wheelan, and Taran Killam.

I had to look up Brooks Wheelan. I don't remember him at all.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Daniel Kaluuya is hosting SNL tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHuL7XD7LAg

St Vincent returns to 8H for the first time since May 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MByUaGiR2Z8

And speaking of S39, tonight’s Vintage is Seth Rogen with Ed Sheeran from April 12 2014, where you can revisit such memorable cast members as Brooks Wheelan, John Milhiser, and Bobson Dugnutt

Aren’t you just buzzing with anticipation?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Since we’re on the subject,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLrxp9OOSbc

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

pwn posted:

St Vincent returns to 8H for the first time since May 2014
this is a cold take but I really loved St. Vincent back when she played the guitar. now it's all just bleepy bloopy sex music

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who here is writing for Harvard?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Sivart13 posted:

this is a cold take but I really loved St. Vincent back when she played the guitar. now it's all just bleepy bloopy sex music

Her cover of Lithium was pitch-perfect...
:swoon:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

I don’t really follow her, but I remember her performance being really fun last time she was on SNL. When she and the other guitarist woman did the little shuffle back and forth under strobe lights

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Sivart13 posted:

now it's all just bleepy bloopy sex music

Good.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
lol

Thanks Gary.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Toxic features: Alien Sports movies.

HIYO!

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 4, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Man...we’re never gonna get a season 2 of The Fades...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
99 minutes in an hour, huh?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
*ahem*

Too busy about getting her husband a new phone apparently.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

99 minutes in an hour, huh?

I assume it was metric time. (I noticed that too.)

pwn
May 27, 2004

I PRANK'D HIM TO DEATH, WITH A TIRE IRON FLAT SCREEN

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game is called https://www.ydkj.co.uk/

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Kid Cudi is still doing stuff?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I want to murder the camera operator

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My nuts!

I have my wireless headphone ready for St. Vincent.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 4, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
haha this loving rules

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Smoke 'em if you got them. Because, I am going down.

I can't see poo poo with my baby shampoo!

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 4, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Boat Guy!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m a bit lagged, but I always liked how in past versions of the meat sketch it was a hamper that had been left out under studio lights and loving reeked.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Now, drive bacwards.

Vroom vroom. A smelly stout!

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 4, 2021

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
i want my custard :gizz:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Let's just jump from this barn.

Mom doesn't like coke over here.

drat, you! I will do no foux

Relaxing and satiation wi the St. Vincent.

I love my e.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 4, 2021

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
There were a couple of really good sketches tonight (the vaccination game show and YouTube influencer back to back were great) but I was struck by how they immediately followed those up with back to back sketches where extended family members are just sitting around their house drinking and talking...and then the final sketch of the night was ANOTHER one of those! What the actual gently caress? People just don't make editorial decisions anymore?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

DeepDickPizza posted:

There were a couple of really good sketches tonight (the vaccination game show and YouTube influencer back to back were great) but I was struck by how they immediately followed those up with back to back sketches where extended family members are just sitting around their house drinking and talking...and then the final sketch of the night was ANOTHER one of those! What the actual gently caress? People just don't make editorial decisions anymore?

I think it's more that they just sometimes don't know what to do with their host and get stuck on one framework they can wrap their heads around.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So glad Smokery Farms was back

pwn
May 27, 2004

There were a few bits that made it past dress but were cut from the live show for time. These are those bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ByJ2dZEE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r8JLS3Vyws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reiyavMrO_M

On a separate note: After the live show, they shot a cast photo. Hopefully we get to see it soon!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

I also thought the back-to-back family sketches were weird, especially when both had a bit of a meaner-than-usual tone to them.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
A pretty good show. Daniel Kaluuya has good comedy chops. The Frat boy mom skit was so stupid it completely worked. Saltbae was great.

Only Scattergory didn't work for me on any level. But I learned at easter dinner that apparently Josh is a real wine that's a favorite with some people.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Thundercracker posted:

Only Scattergory didn't work for me on any level. But I learned at easter dinner that apparently Josh is a real wine that's a favorite with some people.
Scattergories was the first skit to arrive on YouTube and it set a pretty low bar. I was most surprised that all the wine and Chekov's wineglasses remained unspilt despite the commotion.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

That little dog looks so scared. It's just shaking like crazy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Did the last page of the frat mom skit get stuck in the printer? It just... ends?

Also Daniel Kaluuya looks hella thicc. Like he put on some weight between wardrobe fitting and filming.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Cut skits shouldn’t have been cut, they’re all legit good.