Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ironslave posted:

Remember that time when GBS was mostly filled with strangely-informative articles relevant to the time like it was some kind of newsletter, Lowtax thought it wasn't funny enough and rescinded guidelines for it, and then it immediately descended into people posting so many slurs that he eventually had to make a announcement post about how he guessed he'd finally start considering it something worth probating people over?

I remember the second part but I don't remember GBS ever being "mostly filled with strangely-informative articles" because that's an utter loving lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
remember the Digg button, i remember the digg button

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Vvvvvvvvvvwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuggghhhhhhhh

(Is the sound I make when I eat cheese blintzes. :munch:

these are some of my favorite letters thank you.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

fuckingtest posted:

I mean seriously...What is the deal with that?

:actually: it's 19 years and 363 days OP because it won't be 20 until Wednesday

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

OMFG FURRY posted:

IIRC there was a lot more potential platforms to share on but those were all during the fascist era

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
You have made some of my favorite photoshops.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

OMFG FURRY posted:

I vaguely remember this lol

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I remember the second part but I don't remember GBS ever being "mostly filled with strangely-informative articles" because that's an utter loving lie.

I enjoyed the mix of at least mildly interesting news, fun threads, and mspaint/photoshop threads. Unfortunately, people were in too much of a hurry to post articles without sharing any insight or meaningful comments, which annoyed the mods/admins of the time and led to the “GBS is not an RSS” mantra.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
First account was in December of 2003

From Bigpeeler and mmmmmmacbook to jackbooted catladies, pedo mods, doobie dogs, nazi discords, and yikesaroo,

it's been a trip, fellas

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 28, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Come on, I at least waited until my ACTUAL forums anniversary to post about it. You couldn't have waited three days? :colbert:

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm closing in on 17. It's pretty weird.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Remember when you would open the forums and click the "show all new posts" button and see what was new on those 2 pages?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You're dead. This is it forever. You hosed up somehow.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I like that there are two old-timers threads now. It's nice to see us forums olds reminiscing about the good old days. :unsmith:

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum
And here I'm still lurking since the pizza matrix... I guess I'm not the talkative type.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I signed up in the wave of new users on 9/11. The forums were a great source of credible information being posted as events unfolded.

love ur username/av/title

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
At the 10 year mark, I was like drat I can't believe this has been one of the few consistent things in my life.
At the 15 year mark, it was that same feeling times two.
Now, its kind of like :stare: and :unsmith: as a good antidote to current internet doings.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
When I was an awkward 16 year old I remember being driven to my first goonmeet by somegirl and sulzanti. Everyone was young and being wacky. If we had a goonmeet today it would be a bunch of old dudes drinking beer and talking about seasonings.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

barnold posted:

there is nothing 56k NO about this thread. where are the 1024x768 images. where are the animated gifs. you lied to me OP and now my T1 connection is sad
Here, I'll post the two largest files in an archived SA folder I just rediscovered earlier this year.

I probably should delete that folder.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pillowpants posted:

Cliff Jablonski hated me

I'm sure you're awful enough to be hated by Cliff Yablonski, not just some polish knockoff.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Follow the Path. :geno:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Full Metal Jackass posted:

When I was an awkward 16 year old I remember being driven to my first goonmeet by somegirl and sulzanti. Everyone was young and being wacky. If we had a goonmeet today it would be a bunch of old dudes drinking beer and talking about seasonings.

Sounds like a good time

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I liked those Christmas adventure threads Dave Bulmer used to do every year

RoboMunkyPirate
Jun 2, 2003
I still own a physical DVD of GoonCon 2004.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Lol. This is exactly what's going to happen at the Florida goonmeet.

I volunteered to be a DD because it's almost an hour and a half away.

I will die on a mountain of Old Bay.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Are we still at war with Fark or what

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

I'm sure you're awful enough to be hated by Cliff Yablonski, not just some polish knockoff.

Heywood Jablonski

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I totally was. There was a period of time where GBS was literally just news stories. I think it was around 2012 or 2013 when the rules got relaxed and it changed into the forum we have today.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Lurk more.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Ka-loving-boom

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ya got JEFF'D

I'm over 17 years now but I took like a six/seven year hiatus when the mods were horrifically enforcing good grammar and sensical posting which is an anathema to the community

I remember people got probated for not using periods at the end of their sentences, which what?

Man the early 2010 mods suuuuuuuucccckkkkedddd (eat poo poo Eggplant Wizard)

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 12, 2021

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Just lol if you didn't buy an account hopped up on reefer in 2008, forget about it and start posting 10 years later when you felt a void in your soul only posting could fix, well not fix but sort of dab with piss

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ivr been readoing them for 69 years!!!!!!! LOL XD

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My time on these forums cannot be measured

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

suck my cock for 20 years bitch

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hell Yeah posted:

suck my cock for 20 years bitch

:yum:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm new lol

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
gently caress off, Tasty.