Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Also just rewatched the PV for the movie and noticed the UFO's shadow on the moon at the end:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

My brain immediately went into Sonic 2 Eggman

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oh noo i started watching the dub for revenge and it seems like they haven't dubbed the songs this time. i know it took a while for them to do it for season 1, has there been any word if they're planning to do the same for revenge? i really hope so cuz i'm a big fan of the dub otherwise

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If I remember right the dubbed songs weren't a thing until the disc release?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

oh noo i started watching the dub for revenge and it seems like they haven't dubbed the songs this time. i know it took a while for them to do it for season 1, has there been any word if they're planning to do the same for revenge? i really hope so cuz i'm a big fan of the dub otherwise

Most of the time I find the dubs of shows to be decent, but for me personally, I'm not a big fan of the dub. Outside of Yugiri, Lily and Kotaro, I'm not a fan of the dub voices for Sakura, Saki, Ai and Junko. There was also a line of dialogue changed in the dub for episode 4 of Revenge that kinda irritated me, but it's mostly related for shipping reasons (Funimation did something similar with Kobayashi's Dragon Maid)

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 8, 2021

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Just watched some clips and oof yeah not a fan of the dub.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

If I remember right the dubbed songs weren't a thing until the disc release?

Oh that makes sense. Hope they do the same here then, i can wait

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I wish the writers would let Sakura and Saki get together like they're playing with the idea of Ai and Junko - Kotaro's a loving douchebag, is ten years older than Sakura, and doesn't deserve her even if she were his age.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

All right, I know there isn't much to discuss right now, but there's been something that's bothering me: is it problematic if I ship Ai and Junko together? I'm only asking because Ai is 16 while Junko is 19

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yes :twisted:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Willo567 posted:

All right, I know there isn't much to discuss right now, but there's been something that's bothering me: is it problematic if I ship Ai and Junko together? I'm only asking because Ai is 16 while Junko is 19

Who cares, don’t be weird. Ship what you like. Psychos on twitter and tumblr will freak out regardless because they’ve been poisoned by anti-feminist homophobes.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Have Saki whip out a laminated Japanese equivalent of Megan's Law card like that scene in Transformers.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm assuming you're just being sarcastic and that it's fine for me to ship them still?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Why do you think that any of us care about who you ship together?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ibblebibble posted:

Why do you think that any of us care about who you ship together?

I just don't want to be judged as creepy by some people because of their age difference. I'm not worried about SA, but other places like reddit

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Aren't they one of the more popular ZLS ships? I didn't even realize there was an age gap there.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Willo567 posted:

I just don't want to be judged as creepy by some people because of their age difference. I'm not worried about SA, but other places like reddit

I don't think reddit is very accurate with their judgments as to who is creepy

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

goblin week posted:

I don't think reddit is very accurate with their judgments as to who is creepy

Neither is the local management.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Willo567 posted:

You're creepy because you're shipping two people who are dead, not just because one is under 18.

This is sarcasm in case thats not clear. No one who matters is going to give a poo poo.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Is shipping the dead called hearseing?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So since it's been over a year since Revenge aired, I've re-evaluated my opinion on it: it's kind of disappointing.

I mean don't get me wrong, the songs are still excellent and the animation was improved from the first season, but part of the reason I found it disappointing was the surprising lack of interaction between the main group. Most of the episodes of Revenge tended to involve one of the girls interacting with someone outside the main group (Saki and White Ryu, Lily and Light, Sakura and Maimai, Yugiri and Kichi/Itou), and a lot of these new characters aren't nearly as interesting as anyone in Franchouchou.

Not only that, but by focusing on these new characters, they took away a lot of time from continuing to develop the relationships between the members of the group. Yugiri and Lily have an adorable mother-daughter relationship, but outside of a few lines between the two, the show doesn't ever seem to want to dedicate an episode focusing on their relationship. Ai and Junko also have the same problem, since despite the show and promotional materials depicting the two as close friends, for some reason the writers seem extremely hesitant on even having them have a back-and-forth conversation outside their focus episodes and that one time they talked about idols dating.

Like, there's still stories they could have made that would have been so much more interesting than "Franchouchou member bonds with someone outside the main group". What about an episode where Sakura or Ai encounters their parents, or an episode that deals with the fact that all of Junko's loved ones are likely either now elderly and have potentially forgotten her, or are now dead. Or how about actually focusing on Yugiri's past and not dedicating a large part of it to a new character that's not nearly as interesting as her.

Anyways, enough of my complaining

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1546811615504437250

There's another "The Best" album coming out on 9/28 that has all the songs in Revenge, plus the curry song and three new songs made for the album. Additionally, there holding three 3D virtual concerts on 7/30, 8/27 and 9/24 introducing the new songs

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Today was the day I learned that there's gonna be a Girls' Frontline collab, and also that Lily is getting a gun.

https://twitter.com/ToastCrust/status/1620411410454052866