Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

As they gain national prominence I am wondering if we get a plot where Sakura's family wonders why the girl on tv looks exactly like their deceased daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
They had a character named Light do the "Just as planned" thing.
Amazing.

Also I had to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbZTPcTNH8

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!" I yell as I shrink and transform into a mudskipper during mating season.

Finally a legendary episode next week

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eggplant Squire posted:

As they gain national prominence I am wondering if we get a plot where Sakura's family wonders why the girl on tv looks exactly like their deceased daughter.

She died like 10 years ago in story did she not.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah she did. Honestly I would think that Sakura's parents would be curious about it, but come to the conclusion that it's probably just someone who looks like her

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It's pretty crazy that the judges acknowledged that Lily improvised a whole new arrangement for that song on the fly, modified her outfit and arranged everything with the staff for the altered performance all in 10 minutes or so and still gave the win to her opponent. Her performance got just as much of a reaction and she had a huge disadvantage. The only explanation is that they thought they'd get backlash for not picking the established star or it was already decided he'd win.

It's super scummy btw for a nationally famous performer to go to a 'japans got talent' show to compete against unknowns and local idols. What a douche.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Lily has grown more powerful than Kotaro or the concept of gendered bathrooms.

Also, apparently Light has the same VA as Detective Conan.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah less of thinking they are the same person and more of wondering about the similarity.

Nephthys posted:

It's pretty crazy that the judges acknowledged that Lily improvised a whole new arrangement for that song on the fly, modified her outfit and arranged everything with the staff for the altered performance all in 10 minutes or so and still gave the win to her opponent. Her performance got just as much of a reaction and she had a huge disadvantage. The only explanation is that they thought they'd get backlash for not picking the established star or it was already decided he'd win.

It's super scummy btw for a nationally famous performer to go to a 'japans got talent' show to compete against unknowns and local idols. What a douche.

Yeah I was thinking the same while watching that it was a totally douche move.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Also, apparently Light has the same VA as Detective Conan.

Perhaps more relevant, that's also the VA for Kudou Taiki. And as he himself stated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGNpo2PBvjA

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Did they just do a Death Note reference

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Did they just do a Death Note reference

I'm not surprised, considering Kotaro is voiced by Mamoru Miyano

What I wasn't expecting was for the kid to do it, look like a kid version of Light, say the exact same line with the evil grin, and even share Light's name

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Really glad that they remembered that Lily is as much an entertainment pro as Ai or Junko, and has a purer motivation than pretty much anyone else in the group.

Hell, she didn't even mind when the rival kid proved to be a little poo poo. Guess during her time she saw her share of conceited little celebrity wannabes.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Lily was loving robbed!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

8one6 posted:

Lily was loving robbed!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Her VA posted a small pic of the sheet music, which includes helpful katakana

https://twitter.com/minazou_373/status/1390327890198204416?s=19

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

8one6 posted:

Lily was loving robbed!

True, but she got the better reward, in a way. Don't think winning a local award with a cute song would get her the same projection as having a dance go viral.

Now she ascends to join the realm of internet memes, like the Numa Numa Guy and the Roll of Rick. More powerful than we could ever imagine.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
All those happy kids were the real reward. :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I really appreciate how that whole ending was done. First it's set up by showing how excited the kids in the audience in particular were. Then just a climbing view count and more and more people doing their own vids. Good poo poo

edit: related
https://twitter.com/VKC_Bikeishi/status/1390451137619374082?s=19

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sephyr posted:

I'm cool with how they are handling it. It's there for those who want to see it, and seeded well enough to be developed further along. The whole thing has less than 20 episodes so far, there's sooo much to set up, pay off and reveal! I may be alone in this, but for the moment I am more invested in their backstory, career and zombie-ness than romance plots.

Though part of me loves that they chased Saki's hetero crush with double idol love.
Oh no, I was really happy with the episode, and it was far more than I thought we would get. I Don't really expect them to bring it up again though, so I'm ready for other stories

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Japan loves scat music, so, makes sense it'd catch on like that. Very cute.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
Oh my god this episode

Bird

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DENSETSU

YAMADA

TAE

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

This is how you awaken something inside someone.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Mulderman posted:

We are one step closer towards Sakura/Saki

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The woman, the myth, the legend.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Legendary episode for sure. Tae's break-dancing was the hardest I've laughed this season.

Also someone on reddit brought up the amazing theory that Sakura and Tae's graves are right next to each other, so maybe it was just really dark when Kotaro went grave-robbing.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Nephthys posted:

Legendary episode for sure. Tae's break-dancing was the hardest I've laughed this season.

Also someone on reddit brought up the amazing theory that Sakura and Tae's graves are right next to each other, so maybe it was just really dark when Kotaro went grave-robbing.

Ai already pointed out that bodies are cremated in Japan though

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Ai already pointed out that bodies are cremated in Japan though

The gals have to exist somehow. Making zombies from ashes would be weird as heck. Either way it's too much of a coincidence to not be relevant.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

This episode was great!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Bit of a lazy way to ditch the whole debt story element, but I'll take it. Watching them simply pay it off through menial work and sound refinancing would be far less amusing.

Though it would be fun if they discovered that Junko's bank account from her singer says has been earning interest all this time, but they can't retrieve the cash without giving away her identity.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
episode of the season

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Fun ep. It's nice they had a breather episode focusing on the daily lives of Saga citizens and tying up the loose ends from S1. Tae-chan was legendary today as well.

Mulderman posted:

Saki no, she's still in High School!

Sephyr posted:

Though it would be fun if they discovered that Junko's bank account from her singer says has been earning interest all this time, but they can't retrieve the cash without giving away her identity.

Instead it's Yuugiri's and it plays out like that one episode of Futurama.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I was discussing it elsewhere, but I'm becoming more and more certain that Tae is A buddha/enlightened one. Mind empty of earthly concerns, and the universe provides for her.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So with how familiar everyone in Saga is with Franchouchou, and with how much people seem to love them there, do you all think that if they get outed/decide to reveal themselves as zombies that people would accept them if they became famous and loved enough?

That's how I would want Revenge to end

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I was kind of hoping this would be the episode that awakens her, but I'm happy with the result anyway. What a delightful romp!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Sankara posted:

I was kind of hoping this would be the episode that awakens her, but I'm happy with the result anyway. What a delightful romp!

Tae waking up will totally be a season finale cliffhanger, if it ever happens!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

How rude!
Tae is already fully awakened.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Willo567 posted:

So with how familiar everyone in Saga is with Franchouchou, and with how much people seem to love them there, do you all think that if they get outed/decide to reveal themselves as zombies that people would accept them if they became famous and loved enough?

That's how I would want Revenge to end

I hope so! That would be the best outcome.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Also are we going to talk about what appears to be a bundled up body in next ep's preview? Is Franchouchou getting a new sister?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I reckon it'll be an intruder who sees their zombie forms, so they wrap them up in a curtain and panic.