Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I didn't think that Tae would be able to sustain a whole episode by herself but I was happily proved wrong as that episode was lots of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
There's speculation based on the strand of hair poking out that it's Yugiri wrapped up in there.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

narm00 posted:

There's speculation based on the strand of hair poking out that it's Yugiri wrapped up in there.

I think it's unlikely - the meeting scenes are usually the first scenes of the episode, and we see her next to LIly in the episode preview

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That was a fun episode!

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Willo567 posted:

I think it's unlikely - the meeting scenes are usually the first scenes of the episode, and we see her next to LIly in the episode preview

Then again, it's not like they haven't done multiple meeting scenes in an episode - see Ep 5 of S1.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

narm00 posted:

Then again, it's not like they haven't done multiple meeting scenes in an episode - see Ep 5 of S1.

Do you think Yugiri reverted back to being mindless, or would Kotaro actually be taking this poo poo seriously and not acting goofy like usual

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Willo567 posted:

Do you think Yugiri reverted back to being mindless, or would Kotaro actually be taking this poo poo seriously and not acting goofy like usual

If it is her, I'd expect "because of wacky hijinks" over anything else.

As for Kotaro... dude can be goofy when things get serious for the girls, so no way of telling there.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

I didn't think that Tae would be able to sustain a whole episode by herself but I was happily proved wrong as that episode was lots of fun.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

By the way, on Reddit, the Ultra Jump covered for Zombie Land Saga Gaiden reveals that it is about Tae

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Willo567 posted:

By the way, on Reddit, the Ultra Jump covered for Zombie Land Saga Gaiden reveals that it is about Tae

I'm almost disappointed my prediction of Mappa trolling us by making the story about Romero turned out to not be true.

Cover for those interested: Tae looks normal here. I guess she wasn't always "Like that"?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm almost disappointed my prediction of Mappa trolling us by making the story about Romero turned out to not be true.

Cover for those interested: Tae looks normal here. I guess she wasn't always "Like that"?

I was always kind of hoping that Tae would turn out to be a literal ancient barbarian or something equally bizarre.

The pink jumpsuits give me hope her backstory is still something insane. I don't know if I can square away her having been someone relatively normal when she was alive without her current state becoming tragic instead of funny.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Nephthys posted:

I was always kind of hoping that Tae would turn out to be a literal ancient barbarian or something equally bizarre.

The pink jumpsuits give me hope her backstory is still something insane. I don't know if I can square away her having been someone relatively normal when she was alive without her current state becoming tragic instead of funny.

I'm still of the belief that Tae's actual brain is in Romero's body, and that Romero's brain is in Tae's body, hence why Romero acts more aware and human than Tae at times

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

I'm still of the belief that Tae's actual brain is in Romero's body, and that Romero's brain is in Tae's body, hence why Romero acts more aware and human than Tae at times

Ha, that's a cute idea. I like it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

narm00 posted:

If it is her, I'd expect "because of wacky hijinks" over anything else.

As for Kotaro... dude can be goofy when things get serious for the girls, so no way of telling there.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it isn't Yugiri - why would she be in full makeup except for her eyes? I think it's actually a character that's been in front of us the whole time, but whom we've never noticed until now. In the first episode of Revenge, during the slow motion montage of the death metal fans and Kotaro fighting the crowd, you can notice a lone female spectator with glasses in the crowd. Normally I would chalk this up to a minor background character, but this same girl pops up at a few more of Franchouchou's concerts later
on as well. This Reddit thread shows the girl in question https://www.reddit.com/r/ZombielandSaga/comments/nd9vj7/is_she_number_7/

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

The full opening just dropped.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So the first chapter of that manga spinoff about Tae came out

And holy poo poo is it crazy :stonk:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Willo567 posted:

So the first chapter of that manga spinoff about Tae came out

And holy poo poo is it crazy :stonk:

Has it been translated?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

Has it been translated?

No, but there were scans of it posted on 4chan, and someone posted a summary

So basically, at least from what I can tell, Tae was originally the leader of a group of a ghostbuster-like group that battled demons (Sagako) with farming tools, and their hideout is the same mansion where Kotaro and Franchouchou are now. One of the members of the group had the power to seal demons in onions, but she overexxerts herself, causing herself to be sealed/transform into an onion. She has a twin brother that's looking for her, and meets Tae's group, who tell him what happened to her sister. They then go to the hot springs in from episode 4 of Season 1, where they encounter another Sagako. Afterwards, Tae decides to train the girl's brother in battling demons

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Is anyone in the process of scanning/translating the new ZLS manga? I'm hella curious, but don't want to spoil myself.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Willo567 posted:

No, but there were scans of it posted on 4chan, and someone posted a summary

So basically, at least from what I can tell, Tae was originally the leader of a group of a ghostbuster-like group that battled demons (Sagako) with farming tools, and their hideout is the same mansion where Kotaro and Franchouchou are now. One of the members of the group had the power to seal demons in onions, but she overexxerts herself, causing herself to be sealed/transform into an onion. She has a twin brother that's looking for her, and meets Tae's group, who tell him what happened to her sister. They then go to the hot springs in from episode 4 of Season 1, where they encounter another Sagako. Afterwards, Tae decides to train the girl's brother in battling demons

Holy poo poo they better adapt this

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Holy poo poo they better adapt this

I should mention that Tae actually kidnaps their teammates brother, and that Tae refers to herself as the Legendary OL (Office Lady)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Holy poo poo, two parter Yugiri story!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There will never be a love as pure as Saki's love for tamagotchi.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm stoked for a Yugiri episode finally but this week really felt like filler...

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I'm halfway through the latest episode and I'm not sure I actually feel like finishing it. It feels to me like a completely different energy to the rest of the show so far.

edit: The second half works a lot better.

Hel fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 20, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I enjoyed the episode for what it was - I also liked the parallels they made between Maimai and Sakura, with the former having becomed inspired by seeing Sakura on stage, just like Sakura was inspired by Ai

It also makes me more hopeful that due to how Maimai reacted towards the girls being zombies that if they get outed by Okaba, or they decide to out themselves, that people will accept them as zombies

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 20, 2021

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Nice reference.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hel posted:

I'm halfway through the latest episode and I'm not sure I actually feel like finishing it. It feels to me like a completely different energy to the rest of the show so far.

edit: The second half works a lot better.

Yeah it picked up a little halfway through but I kept pausing it and losing interest up until that point. It really did feel just kinda different.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well, that was... weird. Hm. What was the point of that?

But hey! Yugiri is finally getting an episode, maybe? A two-parter, no less! Neat.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Maybe I'm too easily pleased - I thought it was fun. Not every episode has to be plot heavy - episode 5 of the first season was just them filming a commercial for a restaurant and participating in the mud olympics

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 21, 2021

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
i liked maimai and thought it was a fun episode

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
S2 has generally been pretty intense since the start so I really enjoyed the relatively low stakes episode. MaiMai is a fun new look at their fanbase, and is likely being introduced and set up here so she’ll have a part to play later. I also just enjoyed that yet again ZLS got some huge name VA’s (KanaHana, Yui Horie, Yukari Tamura) and had them play minor characters

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The newest episode existed to give super fun Kotaro poses and faces and it excelled at that.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

It was definitely a strange episode, since the focus character was Maimai, not one of the zombie gals. Still fun.

Willo567 posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced it isn't Yugiri - why would she be in full makeup except for her eyes? I think it's actually a character that's been in front of us the whole time, but whom we've never noticed until now. In the first episode of Revenge, during the slow motion montage of the death metal fans and Kotaro fighting the crowd, you can notice a lone female spectator with glasses in the crowd. Normally I would chalk this up to a minor background character, but this same girl pops up at a few more of Franchouchou's concerts later
on as well. This Reddit thread shows the girl in question https://www.reddit.com/r/ZombielandSaga/comments/nd9vj7/is_she_number_7/

The theory was almost correct... but assumed Kotaro was smart enough to not gently caress everything up.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Maybe I'm too easily pleased - I thought it was fun. Not every episode has to be plot heavy - episode 5 of the first season was just them filming a commercial for a restaurant and participating in the mud olympics

The girls doing stuff around Saga to make Saga look more interesting IS the plot! This was just some random sophomore hangs out for an episode? I didn't think it was bad, just an odd choice.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The metalhead dudes were in the audience. Can the general public just buy tickets to high school festivals in Japan?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
It’s a direct look at how the girls are influencing the next generation of Saga, Kotarou even says as much in the episode.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Exia posted:

It’s a direct look at how the girls are influencing the next generation of Saga, Kotarou even says as much in the episode.

Like I said, hopefully Maimai's acception of them as zombies means that at the end, if/when they get outed, the people of Saga will accept them

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

8one6 posted:

The metalhead dudes were in the audience. Can the general public just buy tickets to high school festivals in Japan?

I think they're usually open to the public. Would be kind of weird to bother putting together so much crap and only have your fellow students/immediate family (excluding the members who have to work during the day) check it out (also, probably not as likely to make any money back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they're open to the public so that kids/parents can go and see what the school is like before they decide whether or not to attend when they're old enough.