Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Devante Adams traded to the Raiders.
My Derek Carr share :syoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Devante Adams traded to the Raiders.

:barf:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The funniest trade

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

MVS is still a free agent! Crazy how small the receiving room is in GB at the moment.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We traded him wrong, as a joke

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

It's Tua time?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Tyreek on the downside, juju likely goes up with Reid/Mahomes. Amari, Adams, Bobby Trees... a lot of huge fantasy names changing scenery.

So many big names traded, who the hell knows what this year is going to look like.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Join my rookie mock draft! https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/818946952183029760

I have an addiction

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Did this draft happen? Or do you still need people?

I also have an addiction.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Looks like that one is in the last round. Here's a new one! https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/819243156494229504?ftue=commish

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Guess I should've just clicked on it! Glad to see another.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Seven more spots in the mock

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Seven more spots in the mock

Now 3

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

One more

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How have those mocks gone? I will be doing my first ever dynasty rookie drafts this year so I'm really curious.

In other news, my friends and I got a good laugh at this list:
https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1514275972295450632?s=20&t=j0rsGoKrycS2JVelgEFGmg

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cole Kmet gunna be a top 5 TE in ppr this year

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I will not stand for this TJ Hockenson erasure!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

Cole Kmet gunna be a top 5 TE in ppr this year
I sure hope so, my zero TE strategy, surprising no one, did not work out so well but I have Kmet.

Sataere posted:

I will not stand for this TJ Hockenson erasure!
Yeah that part really blows my mind. I also feel like Knox and Gesicki should probably be on there over 44 career catches AlbertO and 66 career catches Irv.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How have those mocks gone? I will be doing my first ever dynasty rookie drafts this year so I'm really curious.
If you follow the links you can watch them in progress/see the finished results. Here's the one I started so far:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1514275972295450632?s=20&t=j0rsGoKrycS2JVelgEFGmg

The kind of ranking I'd make doing it off the top of my head, forgetting people and refusing to go back and rearrange the order once I've put someone in it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

If you follow the links you can watch them in progress/see the finished results. Here's the one I started so far:

Well poo poo, thats cool, thank you for pointing that out!

sourdough posted:

The kind of ranking I'd make doing it off the top of my head, forgetting people and refusing to go back and rearrange the order once I've put someone in it
lmao yeah really

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Irv Smith and Albert O have no business on that list. Has Wilson ever had a tight end finish in the top ten fantasy wise? My gut says no.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sataere posted:

Irv Smith and Albert O have no business on that list. Has Wilson ever had a tight end finish in the top ten fantasy wise? My gut says no.

https://twitter.com/MiKeMeUpP/status/1514306069853483009?t=iqF07FriBHewutRhPEmjbg&s=19

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

Jimmy Graham finished top 4 twice in his four seasons in Seattle, apparently.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Jimmy Graham finished top 4 twice in his four seasons in Seattle, apparently.

Yeah, just got called out on that in the discord. His numbers still dropped significantly from NO, and he couldn't beat out Doug Baldwin for targets. I'd given the benefit of the doubt and say maybe his knee injury really hampered him, but his numbers were similar before the injury.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

given most formats start only one TE, I'd rather have one with a consistent floor and upside, than one that swings wildly between 15 pts and 0 points all season.

In 2017, Jimmy Graham's regular season stats are 520 yards and 10 TDs, averaging 7.1 points per game in standard (8.9 in 1/2 PPR). The position as #4TE is heavily TD dependent (the most TDs of any TE that year) and that means a very swingy scoring set. Compare to that year's leader, Gronk, with 1084 yards and 8 TDs, or even with that year's #10, Jason Witten with 560 yards but just 5 TDs.
(All stats from this fantasydata.com query).

His actually fantasy-useful good year with the seahawks was 2016, when he got 923 yards and 6 TDs, placing him 4th overall at 7.8 points per game (9.8 in 1/2 PPR).

Notably, Kelce was only good for 8.6 points per game that year (11.3 in 1/3 PPR). Jordan Reed had 8.6 (11.3) per game that year too, but he finished ninth because he only played 12 games.

Tight Ends had a lower ceiling in 2016-17 than more recently. In 2021, the leading tight end Mark Andrews averaged 11.4ppg in standard (14.6 in 1/2 PPR) and Kelce was right behind him. In 2020, Kelce led with 13.9 (17.4) and Waller was well behind but still beating 2016/17's best, at 10.7 (14.1).

So in conclusion Graham was very good one year in seattle in comparison to other TEs that year, and good-but-volatile TD dependent in the next, but again only in comparison to a relatively lower ceiling of TEs both years. Kelce, Waller, Kittle in '18-19, Ertz in '17-18, all dominated over the best of '16-'17.

If 2022 follows the recent trend, you need one of the top 2-3 TEs, or you can take any of the next six or seven and settle for something under 10 points per game from them (or like 7 in standard).

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Here's a SF mock I'm in that just wrapped
What do you think of my draft? https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/819243156494229504

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Drunk Nerds posted:

Here's a SF mock I'm in that just wrapped
What do you think of my draft? https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/819243156494229504
Thanks for sharing! I think its wild to be mock drafting before the players are on an NFL roster but its still great to see what drafters think of respective players.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Best ball SF slow draft
Hey, join my fantasy football league on Sleeper! https://sleeper.app/i/jPq04dL41gNo

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Best ball SF slow draft
Hey, join my fantasy football league on Sleeper! https://sleeper.app/i/jPq04dL41gNo

Mock draft right?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

Mock draft right?

It's a real league but it's best ball

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Best ball SF slow draft

Still need 3 more

Again, this is best ball, meaning once the slow draft is done you are done for the season: The computer just calculates your best lineup every week.

Really want to see how things shake out post-draft and post-DeAndre

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I have joined the draft, now just 2 more

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

drat, i was too slow. i should check the thread more often!

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
1.01 Breece hall
1.02 Drake London
1.03 Kenneth Walker
1.04 Garrett Wilson
1.05 treylon burks
1.06 Skyy Moore
1.07 Kenny Pickett
1.08 Jameson Williams
1.09 Chris olave
1.10 Christian Watson
1.11 Desmond ridder
1.12 James cook
2.01 George Pickens
2.02 Malik Willis
2.03 jahan Dotson
2.04 Dameon pierce
2.05 Alec Pierce
2.06 zamir white
2.07 Matt Corrall
2.08 Raachad white
2.09 Isaiah spiller
2.10 John Metchie III
2.11 Tyler allgeier
2.12 Brian robinson
3.01 David bell
3.02 Jalen Tolbert
3.03 Romeo doubs
3.04 Sam Howell
3.05 Wan’dale Robinson
3.06 Trey McBride
3.07 Tyrion Davis price
3.08 Kaeontay Ingram
3.09 Greg Dulcich
3.10 Tyquan Thornton
3.11 Justyn Ross
3.12 jelani woods
4.01 Khalil shakir
4.02 Hassan Haskins
4.03 Pierre strong
4.04 Calvin Austin III
4.05 Kyren Williams
4.06 Danny gray
4.07 Velus Jones jr.
4.08 Tyler badie
4.09 Bailey zappe
4.10 Kyle Phillips
4.11 Daniel Bellinger
4.12 snoop Conner
5.01 Isaiah Pacheco
5.02 Cade otton
5.03 Erik ezukanma
5.04 Isaiah likely
5.05 kavon thibideaux

5.06 abram smith
5.07 Tristan ebner
5.08 Jerome ford
5.09 Chigoziem Okonkwo
5.10 Ty Chandler
5.11 Kaleb Eleby
5.12 Jeremy Ruckert

This is how my league played out (superflex, 3 position IDP league)

e: put my picks in bold

Bjay9 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 5, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Am I the only one just aghast at how overrated Drake London is?

This is a guy who couldn't get separation in college and now has Marcus Mariota throwing to him? Color me unimpressed.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

Am I the only one just aghast at how overrated Drake London is?

This is a guy who couldn't get separation in college and now has Marcus Mariota throwing to him? Color me unimpressed.

Yeah, it's a thin draft year for skill positions

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bjay9 posted:

1.01 Breece hall
1.02 Drake London
1.03 Kenneth Walker
1.04 Garrett Wilson
1.05 treylon burks
1.06 Skyy Moore
1.07 Kenny Pickett
1.08 Jameson Williams
:words:

This is how my league played out (superflex, 3 position IDP league)

e: put my picks in bold

Out of curiosity, why Skyy over Jameson? I don't watch poo poo for CFB but I know that Jamo is generally assumed he'd have been the WR1 in this class if he wasn't injured.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

fennesz posted:

Out of curiosity, why Skyy over Jameson? I don't watch poo poo for CFB but I know that Jamo is generally assumed he'd have been the WR1 in this class if he wasn't injured.

Skyy Moore is being over drafted because the Chiefs lost Reek and is a second round receiver with Mahomes throwing to him. It's nuts. Moore is a decent player, but he is very small. He might not survive the NFL. He should be going late first/early second, but people are losing their minds. He could end up being really good, but he is way riskier than people are giving him credit for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well this is all subjective but let me see if I can tackle that. Maybe the thought process might be that Skyy Moore is always open, like immediately off the line and then again and again and also has gigantic hands (10 1/4) but more importantly uses them to effectively catch everything. He's probably going to be a PPR monster. You watch his tape and you can see moment after moment where you say Mahomes throws it to him right there, and there, and there. His QB in college did not get him the ball like that. He's not Hill but since we're talking about Hill, Hill is smaller than Skyy Moore and so is Hardman? Those guys survived the NFL just fine. I realize Hill is basically one muscle but still his size shouldn't be an issue.

As for Jameson, I love the guy but when is he going to be healthy since health is a concern? You do have to wonder how many games it will take for him to contribute. Also Jameson is 20 pounds lighter than Skyy Moore since that's an issue. And maybe most important...Jameson Williams is getting thrown the ball from Jared Goff.