Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s a great pop song with hooks everywhere. 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They need to learn that being gay is cool and pretending to not be gay for money isn’t cool.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Outrail posted:

Maybe I'm reading into things too much but that music video seems to have some homoerotic overtones.

I think you’re just seeing what you want to see, bud.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
lol they’re just mad that it actually takes talent to put together something as good as montero

lil nas x owns yet again

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lol holy poo poo I got a pm too. Really not helping your case, pal

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

stratdax posted:

Songwriting is changing to exploit the way streaming pays out. Two priorities: Spotify only pays out if somebody listens to a song for more than 30 seconds, so those 30 seconds gotta be catchy as hell. After that, the song is going to be short to increase the amount of times somebody can stream it, making it more likely to beat out a song that's longer in length. One sale used be one sale, regardless of how long the songs were. Now, the amount of times somebody listens to the song counts, so the songs have to be short.

Yep, and it’s pretty much killed the concept of a proper intro to a song. If the vocal doesn’t start within the first 10 sec, you’re on thin ice buddy.

Not that I think this is entirely a bad thing. We’re just going back to the era of short pop singles that dominated the charts in the 50s-60s.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I for one am very on board for turning two of the most homophobic musical genres, country and hip hop, Extremely Gay

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

Is suggesting 80s synth pop cheating?

Pet Shop Boys have a monopoly on Gay Synthpop that’s been taken to incredible lengths, so I’m not sure if it could get gayer.

Pet Shop Boys loving own btw

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

stealie72 posted:

I thought to myself "surely Erasure is AS gay as Pet Shop Boys" but shelved the thought having forgotten about Abba-esque.

I’d put Erasure and Pet Shop Boys as about equal there, but Erasure as more romantic-gay, and PSB as more bitchy-gay.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

I really love both of these, but I want the second one

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
bros hugging

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Weirdos mad hip hop is once again being recognized as highly influential art, and not whatever guitar or bleep bloop music they listen to and/or make. Also homophobia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Penis. Pineal Gland. It’s right there, folks.