Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

reignofevil posted:

My rule of thumb is the less Disney thinks a property is going to succeed the better chance it has at actually being good. This equation, when adjusted for Obi-Wan and the fact that as best I'm aware we don't have any new star wars movies currently in the pipeline.... seems bad.

Rian Johnson’s trilogy is still being developed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CainFortea posted:

I'm willing to guess based on the show runner's resume that it'll be entertaining.

what makes you say this? I looked at her IMDb and she seems to be a tv director who rarely gets more than one episode of a series and hasn’t produced or written anything of note. I’m not saying it’s guaranteed to be bad but I don’t see any compelling evidence for optimism

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

I just wish they'd make a Zelda game that didn't rehash the same plot over and over again no matter where it falls on the "timeline". BotW2 seems like it's on the cusp of maybe doing that, like Majora's Mask before it, but I fully expect it to turn into "Zelda's been captured or otherwise incapacitated again, you have to save her Link" with in like 10 minutes of firing up the game. Because Nintendo doesn't do ideas, they do gimmicks and window dressing.

people play Zelda games to be Link and kill Ganon. it sounds like you don’t enjoy Zelda games and shouldn’t play them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how come Vader can’t tell that Leia is his daughter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

his son who was raised by his step-brother (and jesus loving christ, obi-wan what the gently caress)

yeah even as a child I didn’t understand how this was supposed to worn out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Maybe he doesn’t know what she looks like