Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Somfin posted:

The fact that it's one of the early checks that is extremely fail forward, and also considering who Klaasje is and what she's been doing, I'm not convinced that passing it would be anything more than just, y'know, a hungover dude semi-competently hitting on a lady on a mezzanine, which she's probably excruciatingly used to.

it's actually a nice little scene, passing it gives you enough self-awareness to very soberly be like 'god i am a loving hungover mess with literally no memories, why is my first instinct to try and flirt with you'; which klaasje sympathizes with and then you move on without incident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

World War Mammories posted:

e: while I'm at it, something I didn't pick up on until this, my seventh or eighth playthrough: regarding how Dolores Dei wasn't human. much is made of her love of war games, eg. the figurine gift, her iconography holding a tin soldier, etc. and the way she ruled was described as playing a game against some unknown, long-dead opponent. I don't think there's more to pull from, but it seems plausible that Dei was in some sense a spirit, genius loci, whatever that had the goal of spreading Pale through the "vacuum of cosmos and the stars burning in it." because if Pale comes from the human mind, if something wanted to spread the Pale, it would try to get humans advanced enough to leave Elysium before the planet was consumed entirely...

google 'Weltgeist'

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is there a benefit to confirming your name with Evrart ahead of doing anything else? Does it change the precinct call at all?

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

You got the fluffy kitty kitty!

On the other hand FAILING that early Suggestion check with Klaasje also means In the church when you pass a check to contribute to the HARDCORE and acquire the Hardcore Aesthetic thought, one of the options becomes "I want to have gently caress with you."

Also if you sneak into the harbor and raid Rene's booth for medicine, Reaction Speed can tell you to think of literally anything else and one of the choices there is the same thing but more regretful.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

weird, but of course plausible. garte doesn't have a dialogue option about it? kim hasn't brought up going to sleep? no options to bug anyone for cash?

This is probably my 5th playthrough, so I know how it is supposed to go. At the moment, two options pop up - Kim plus a thought about home. I just reloaded and replayed the moment, and it looks like if I click the thought before talking with Kim, Kim's dialogue disappears. If I do it the other way around, then it all works fine.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnticingStrangePenguinFailFish

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

whatever this was, it's gone now

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

dmboogie posted:

whatever this was, it's gone now

weird, it didn't get taken down, it's just truncating part of the clip url. try the direct url https://clips.twitch.tv/EnticingStrangePenguinFailFish-IW0xts5m_jdWfpjv

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frida Call Me posted:

weird, it didn't get taken down, it's just truncating part of the clip url. try the direct url https://clips.twitch.tv/EnticingStrangePenguinFailFish-IW0xts5m_jdWfpjv

Holy poo poo that's loving hilarious

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I am very mad that the clip ends before the tutorial agent says "föminism"

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

I danced so hard my character was racist to Kim without a choice. I feel so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I danced so hard my character was racist to Kim without a choice. I feel so bad.

This is one of the two (2) times when savescumming is legal.

The other time is if you don't get the necktie.