Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

never played the original version but definitely hearing Felix in one place so not all the chapos are gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

that crashed car bug on day 3 is brutal. really hope they get the patch out tomorrow, though I doubt it

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

So is the sunken car not being accessible even after waiting out the tide bug happening universally on console? It seems really common according to people online but I'm wondering if there's any hope of bypassing it. I'm a little wary of pressing on without exploring it, since it seems pretty important.

seems like it. I tried just about everything but there doesn’t seem to be any way to get the loop to break. on PS4. ive just been going around doing other stuff

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

man this game is broken as hell on PS4. car glitch in day 3, church frozen, voices dropping out everywhere, crashes to the home screen, long spans of time where a thought catalog update just won’t trigger and the game won’t allow you to save and won’t auto save, interminably long load times moving from area to area, sound stuttering, the UI straight up not responding more than half the time. i know it’s a small indie studio, but it’s kind of mind boggling an updated port of a game that came out like two years ago would release in this state, and that basically none of the reviews commented on it.

it really speaks to how compelling and loving good the underlying game is that I’ve kept pressing on and enjoying myself, it’s definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played, looking past the state it’s in. looking forward to whenever that patch actually comes out so I can get my loving badge back

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

re VAs since Felix I’ve also run into Will and Virgil. like I said never played the first one so idk who they were originally

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

getting the distinct feeling they’re not gonna get that patch out today either

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Just fuckin lol at them just now getting around to saying the PS4 patch isn't even ready

People always try to be like "well you know, contracts, capitalism, maybe they CAN'T say anything!" but like, no, that's not doing it for me, I literally can't imagine what would prevent them from doing SOME communication

yeah thats been obvious they just didn’t have it done. I don’t know why they didn’t just say that instead of trying to imply it was some sort of certification issue. Like people weren’t even really mad about the bugs, they got mad after the announcing a patch was coming in 1-2 days then saying nothing for a week, then implying it was Sony’s fault

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

and then the 1.2 patch on PS5 apparently doesn’t even fix the big progress blocking bugs that literally happen to everybody on the console. wild

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

finished the game and it appears to be frozen on a black screen after fading out. awesome

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

patches seem to have fixed all the major progression bugs, only issues I’m having now are crashes during loading screens every few hours or so, no consistent locations though and the load screens are much faster (PS4 Pro) so just regularly manual saving more or less covers it

maybe they can expand the auto saving, it happens way too infrequently. i didn’t play the original so idk if that’s a bug or if the auto saving was always that brutal

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I love this game, the new additions that came with the final cut, and the ability to play it on my ps4, finally, BUT...

It'd be really great if it'd stop crashing so much. Last time, I lost a TON of progress cause it happened at the end of a rather long and revealing stretch of dialogue and stuff that brought with it a good chunk of experience, several full thoughts, etc. Sucked to have to go back through all that, cause I am doing my best to stick with whatever happens and roll with the punches. So when I did all that a second time, I had to be careful to pick the exact same stuff, and fortunately both dice rolls came out the same as they did the first time. Anyway. It's just pretty annoying, and I thought maybe the patches fixed it but nah.

yeah it seems like the patches have fixed most everything except the persistent crashing. I’ve developed kind of a sixth sense for it though, multiple times I’ve consciously stopped myself before a doorway and manual saved then entered and immediately crashed on load. wonder what voice that is helping me dodge progress loss, shivers?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Inland Empire represents your intuition and the feeling you get when you should/shouldn't do something without really understanding why.

hell yeah I’ve got inland empire out my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Maybe a dumb question, but because I have a horrible migraine right now and can't really get into playing, myself, I am more interested in watching someone else play. Are there are suggested LPs for this? Don't wanna wind up watching a total idiot (of any sort, idiots with bad politics, included)

https://youtu.be/8ZBuv0y5yAY