Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I installed the thing, didn't have any problems and it seems to be running well. It's pretty awesome :allears: I'm still experimenting with skill options but I'm gravitating toward role-playing a sad himbo. Thought it was a tad depressing but then I got to regain mental health points by cheering a mailbox on :unsmith:

Also, Raphaël Ambrosius Cousteau :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
How many skills can you max out? I've noticed you can use xp to remove thoughts and some other things like that, does it require careful planning or do you get enough xp for all your needs?

I'm having a major choice paralysis and I'm only on lvl 3...

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Today I got to call a man racist and tell him to gently caress off, 10/10

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Which vision quest is activated by psyche? So far I got ultraliberal I think, which was motorics, and communist, which was intellect. Or is it random? Or does it depend on skills, not abilities?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
1) I think I locked myself out of learning Measurehead's theory and my skills are too low to punch him or jump on the roof. Is there some other way to get to the harbour or do I just need to level up?

2) How do I get to the Whirling's roof?

3) How can I open locked doors? I already have a prybar and the other thingie from the car but I can't get any of these to work (I opened a container with the prybar, I only have problem with doors)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

SubponticatePoster posted:

1) Not exactly sure what you mean, if you don't have any available spaces in your Thought Cabinet, you can either forget something you've learned or buy new slots with skill points.

I mean I listened to his ramblings and when I got to the moment when he was about to give me the thought I opted out because Kim mentioned there was another way. I failed other checks so I came back but apparently it was a one-time only opportunity.

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, you can just level up and try again (and again), I needed three attempts to make the jump in this run, and in my first run I messed around and didn't get the body down until the second day. It's all good.

I'm already on my second day, this poor body is going to hang there until the end of times

macabresca fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 3, 2021

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Welp, I'm at the end of Day 2 and no money to pay for the room. I wasn't spending it on anything other than meds to heal myself after failing to jump off that goddamn roof and only collected 8 real in total. Is there anybody that I can mooch the money from or something, or some hidden treasure? Or am I screwed? :ohdear:

One possibility I thought of is reloading until I can get these skill checks to get to the harbour but I have no guarantee I'll find anything there and besides I'm not sure if I'll manage to do it before Garte's deadline anyway. And also I don't really want to do this if there's another option

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Randarkman posted:

Have you talked to Evrart?

Brosnan posted:

Consider chatting with the woman on the boat, or with Evrart, or start recycling cans/bottles using a bag from the Frittte and selling items at the pawn shop.

I've already talked to Joyce she paid for my first debt and I didn't see the option to ask her for more. Evrart is in the harbour, right? I guess I'll be just reloading until the dice roll right because I don't see any other way to get there now. Selling bottles and items wouldn't give me enough unfortunately. I was trying to be a good hobo, collecting bottles and saving money but alas, it wasn't enough

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
To answer your second question, generally when you choose options which start with Wait or Hold on or something like that, you get to learn more without advancing the conversation, so maybe you'll have the opportunity to gain the thought later. Unless it was a very specific one-only, no-questions-asked thought. Or a bug

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Welp, I've just finished the game. Took me a while and yet I feel there's so much more left. I'll probably wait a little bit before the second run though.

I think I got a pretty good ending but I'm not sure how many variables are there.

I screamed when I saw the phasmid. Such a beautiful and majestic creature :swoon:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

christmas boots posted:

There's an achievement for never even interacting with the body which would probably synergize pretty well with absolute fuckup cop

That reminded me that last time I looked 0% people got this achievement on steam. But now it's 0,1%! :woop:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I've been looking at smilies and noticed that :grin: looks just like The Expression. There isn't a customised DE version of it, is there?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Reveilled posted:

Not so far as I know.

Until now!

:allears:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Isn't that just a stereotypical American?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:allears:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I remember when I was talking to Gorący Kubek for the first time and did a major double-take because Gorący Kubek is a Polish brand of instant soup. And then I failed the encyclopedia check and called him "Mr Gorący Kubek" after he offered me a cup. Such a little joke but it brought me so much joy

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I heard the translation is very good so I'm excited to play the game again and see for myself. Apparently the language barrier was a big problem for many people here so hopefully they buy and play the game now

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I'd check it but I don't remember when does it come up and I don't want to be mean to Kim :(

Ok, I managed not to be an rear end in a top hat to Kim, they translated binoclard as 'pinglarz', which I think is great. 'Pingle' is a bit old-timey slang for glasses, it's not vulgar but it does sound dismissive.
Physical instrument is translated to something like 'body as a tool' which sounds a bit funny but other skill names are alright. The Whirling-in-Rags is left in English, which is a shame, but they probably decided not to translate the places' names.

From my experience the biggest problems in translations of games aren't neologisms but awkward phrasings, lost puns, minor stuff like that which adds up to general style being poor. From what I've seen so far here, the language is as rich as in the original and that's probably the most important.

macabresca fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 10, 2021

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

repiv posted:

How did they localize Gorący Kubek into Polish, given the joke relies on Polish being a foreign language?

They left it as is. The audio is still in English so the joke is not completely lost I guess. Unfortunate, but I expected that. Poor Mr Kubek

Animal-Mother posted:

Zarezerwuj kiedy?

Literally no idea what you mean, lol. Looks like you used google translate or something

Alhazred posted:

"Pingle" is also norwegian slang for a person that's weak, both in mind and spirit.

I didn't know that, interesting! I wonder if they're related

macabresca fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 11, 2021

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Animal-Mother posted:

Google thinks that is Polish for "book when?"

lol. Well, technically yes, but in a sense of booking a hotel room for example.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
How do you guys balance spending points on skills and thoughts? Iirc on my first playthrough (1/5/4/2) I leveled-up one skill from each category and then spent a point on a thought, so it started at 4 skills 1 thought, then after I reached the limit in INT it was 3 skills one thought etc. But I decided on that because I didn't know how much exp you get and which skills will be necessary and I was thinking of using a different system next time. Do you only level up skills when there's a white check you can't pass, or do you have a very specific character in mind and only develop specific skills and spend the rest of points on thoughts? Or something else?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TikZZ9VKV6k

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Why is no one talking about the cyclop? There's a loving cyclop here

Man, I really like the one on the bottom right. Since they're ai generated, would you mind if I used it for sth? I dunno what yet, but I like collecting avatar ideas

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/citrus0lemon/status/1495730797609091074?s=20&t=dO4iAjBlhjhVPF-DQUlcXw

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/Kumo7_/status/1512274744493547521?s=20&t=Gmh4Q_rLeZVb8jz59wRcrA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/nowatchdog/status/1632197298968219648?s=20