Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Is there any way to revert back to old Cuno but keep the rest of this final cut the same??

EDIT: Cuno voice aside this is really really good work. Very happy that an excellent game got even better.

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I punched Cuno and had to restart I felt terrible sorry cop reporting for duty

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I am the law

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I'm not a fan of the horrific necktie's VA there I said it.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Measurehead VA is incredible though.
I honestly feel like I haven't been pulled in by a game for a long time and I really appreciate ZA/UM for making this and hope there is another opportunity to jump into this world.

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 18, 2021

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Rookoo posted:

Is there an updated max stats/superman save for the final cut build avaliable? I've completed the game a couple of times already and want to experiment with it that way.

Pretty sure there is no "offical" mode for that but apparently you can easily change some text file to do it

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Wish za/um would drop a new joint on us

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

No Mods No Masters posted:

The writer hire will simply create the copy for ZA/UM's continued transformation into an admittedly pretty awesome moderate-end fashion brand

I wish they made kim jackets for fat asses like me

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

oscarthewilde posted:

i like tc&tc plenty, and I think miéville did a pretty decent job of integrating political themes into the narrative (unsubtle as it might be), but it still suffers the same problems most of his books share: he doesn't really know how to write natural characters and dialogue. i unironically think his dissertation on a marxist theory of international law is the best thing he's done

Mieville never topped Perdido Street Station imo

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Gaius Marius posted:

I didn't say that he was responsible. I said he didn't give a poo poo that they died.

It’s almost like human nature may not be great no matter who you are

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Wafflecopper posted:

Just finished this and... it was alright I guess? The writing wasn't terrible but lacked DE's emotional weight, interesting characters, humour, and any social commentary beyond "giant corporations are exploitative." Not sure I'd class the soundtrack as a "banger" either, it was just sort of there, ambient and inoffensive. I may be wrong but I don't think choices you make during the game have much impact on the outcome, mostly it comes down to which ending you pick. Maybe you can rule some of them out if you don't help some people earlier but as far as I can tell that's it. I got 8 hours out of it, saw most of the endings by just reloading and picking a different path at the end. I don't see any reason to replay. If you're really into Disco's whole interactive novel thing and want more of the same even if it's not as good I'd recommend it, otherwise it's pretty missable.

I agree
No offense but I haven’t seen anything even sniff the briefs of DE in terms of writing or player engagement and pretty sure I won’t until ZA/UM graces us with more

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Love seeing people like a year or two after this hotness drops just experiencing it for the first time, makes me wish I wasn’t so hip and with it that I got on this game asap so I could play it again for the first time

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Gaius Marius posted:

The Prose in Disco drives me loving insane, anytime I see *these* motherfuckers show up I'm mad. But, if you mean writing I think The Void, Pathologic/2, Talos Principal, and Friends of Ringo Ishikawa. That is if you consider "Writing to be the totality of the Prose, atmosphere, characterization, and systematic elements instead of just the text.

Having played patho 1+2 and Talos I am struggling to see where the writing in either compares to DE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Gaius Marius posted:

I base my thoughts entirely on how many Cigarettes I smoked while considering the ending of the games. Talos, Paths, and Ringo were Three Cigarette games. Disco was a one and a half. If we go by that metric though Ringo clears house cause I could've sat out on my patio forever after that lad if I didn't have to work in the morning.

Sounds like I need to play Ringo!