Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
More like a bad homage to the end of Enter the Dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Carisi and Rollins each have at least one each; don't remember Carisi's specifics, but Rollins shot her sister's abusive (ex-?)boyfriend and that spiraled into left field.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Dodds died at the end of SVU Season 17, Captain Ross died during CI's Season 9 premiere, Rex Winters died halfway through the LA episode "Zuma Canyon," and if Law & Order: UK counts, Matt Develin died at the end of Season 5 and Wes Leyton died in the second-to-last episode of the series.

EDIT Should have spent less time looking these up on the Law & Order Wiki.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I count LA only because I wanted the show to succeed. (And I got the series DVD release as a Christmas gift.)

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

That just reminded me. They better not do some bullshit where one of the cops in the reboot is Lennie's long lost son we never knew about.

Could be his grandson. His (living) daughter is probably old enough to have an adult child by now. It'd still be a stretch, though.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I dunno, I thought the S19/20 version was just a slightly (more) trimmed down of the original theme?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Didn't they try this twenty years ago with The Original, SVU, and Criminal Intent?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Is it me, or is Ruslev's actor the same guy who ran an animal smuggling ring on SVU (the monkey-in-the-basketball episode)?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Did... did the new detective just throw her gun at the suspect in this episode?!

EDIT: Never mind, it was her radio.

Snorb fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 14, 2022

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Fin shows up in season 2, how old is Cragen supposed to be here? He says he's "6 months" from mandatory retirement around season 15.

Google gave me 63 as the mandatory retirement age for the NYPD, so he'd be that age in season 15 (which took place in 2013-14.) That should make him 50 in season 2 when he meets Fin (in 2000) and 40 when we first see him as Greevey and Logan's captain in 1990.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

I remember a marathon on USA or TNT or something a few years ago which was actually titled something like "Best of (Un)Stabler"

The only SVU marathon I remember was every single episode (at the time) that involved a sex crime at Hudson University. It was appropriately called "The Law & Order: SVU Don't Go to Hudson Marathon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

A good poster posted:

I'm pretty sure they were making fun of the constant foot chases in the new SVU with the fat goon who bought the sex doll going to run and the detectives just rolling their eyes because he was too pathetic to get anywhere.

Complete with Fin's "You've got to be kidding me."