Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hello thanks to this OP I sat down and started watching SVU from the beginning and after over a year of being unable to binge shows I just watched all of season one in a week. Fascinating, awful stuff. I enjoy watching it while playing casual games like the Clutter series.

e: wait why is Ice-T in the title credits

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Rappaport posted:

:allears:

Please keep live-blogging your blind, wild SVU ride.

So far I like the three main detectives and the chief. Olivia, Stabler, Munch and Bald Chief Dude Who I Like. Jury's out on Ice-T and whoever the new ADA is.

- The case with the piano teacher pedophile was amazingly hosed up, great horror.
- The finale of S1 with the literal torture and slavery that was based on a true story hosed me up a little bit because finding her in that box was just, that was too Criminal Minds for me. I'll handle it if the show keeps doing that, but I hope it takes a different route.
- Most of the cases so far are awful but in ways where they're good white noise? This sounds awful but hey-ho, I knew what I was getting into with SVU.
- I HATE that the therapist in the S1/S2 finale/opening told these cops about stuff told in privacy. Hate it. I can vaguely forgive her for telling them about Stabler wanting to be a violent psycho, but the lady detective who's leaving? Yeah. Yeah gently caress that.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Wow, Baby Killer was a terrible episode. It had a POINT TO MAKE and it wanted to be sadistic about it. Eesh.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm still trying to untangle Paranoia in my mind. Anyone in here seen it recently enough to recap it for me?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

So I've been intercutting my SVU eps with season 3 L&O eps and just found the first ep with Lennie in it!! Exciting, I'm ready to begin L&O proper.

Also, my commentary from discord: oh I really like the filmography of this l&o opening, two cops were on the street having a snack when they heard shots from down the street so they ran there - and the cameraman ran with them. It worked to show the urgency and panic of the situation, and now it goes back to steady-cam

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Eeesh, season 3 of SVU has sucked more than the others so far. It's had some real bangers (Wrath, Redemption) but Ridicule, Execution and Popular are just making it so I don't want to keep watching. Doesn't help that they've been grouped so closely together, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

The Gamergate episode of SVU is on W right now.

e: the pre-credits involves the crowd chanting "do it do it doit" intercut with the rapists attacking the woman in the bathroom.

I feel primal fear

How bad is the rest of the episode?