Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hello thanks to this OP I sat down and started watching SVU from the beginning and after over a year of being unable to binge shows I just watched all of season one in a week. Fascinating, awful stuff. I enjoy watching it while playing casual games like the Clutter series.

e: wait why is Ice-T in the title credits

:allears:

Please keep live-blogging your blind, wild SVU ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Randomly came across an SVU episode where Olivia has a heart-to-heart with Nick Amaro, and she says something like "the four years I spent with you made me a much better cop than the ten years with my other partner, because I had no room to grow there". It's sort of funny that they brought Stabler back, because the show sort of already recognized on screen how absolutely hosed up everything about Stabler is. They lean into in in his "own" show a little, it's a shame the rest of the cast is so utterly bland.

e: Well, the bad guy is sort of interesting, I suppose, but the scenes of him actually with Stabler are a bit too... Supervillainy for Law and Order, if that makes sense?

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 30, 2021

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Random SVU episode as background noise, and I think my new favourite line just came from Stabler: "Jason, if you bring a lawyer into this, it'll just screw everything up! They just make things worse!" :allears:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm finally caught up on the last couple of SVU & OC episodes, and just...I really need someone on the internet to hate the Rollins/Carisi couple with. Will anyone join me, please? :ohdear:

Is there any pairing within the SVU universe that wouldn't be absolutely terrible? Now they're trying to pair up Olivia and Stabler, and well that's just going to be awful news for everyone involved, but Carisi and Rollins? Who are both established as... Flawed characters, at best? It will be funny when Rollins's sister shows up again and robs their home, though.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

McGrath and Rollins's sister would introduce some interesting, albeit hosed up, plot elements.

Come on, we're in season 23, let's get weird. Let Liv go full Florence Nightengale & bone one of the vics, let Carisi bone a lawyer, just end the show with a big rear end SVU orgy, why not?

Well, they have had orgies on the show, just not with the main cast, er, starring. I feel like Olivia's too respectable to bone a vic nowadays though, that would have been a storyline for somewhere around season 5? Back then, Stabler's already beating most of 'em to a pulp, Liv can pick up what's left and go to town.

And given where Carisi works nowadays, he has definitely boned a lawyer or two.

And as I'm writing this, I suddenly realize I really, really don't want to see geriatric old man Ice-T naked. Just, please, no.