Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

I haven't really paid much attention to the L&O universe since maybe the first season of SVU after Stabler left, but I figured I had to at least check out the first episode of his return. I hadn't read anything about this new series so I was expecting this two-parter would just set up the Stabler's reason for returning before moving on to the typical case of the week fare. Then I see Dylan McDermott emerge as the antagonist and it dawns on me that this would not actually be a procedural since he was listed in the credits as a series regular. I guess I'll have to stick with it now to see how a serialized L&O plays out.

I do find it kind of weird that they chose to make the beginning of an ongoing storyline kick off as an episode of SVU before switching to a new show. It makes sense for one night as an event, but for future streaming or syndication of OC you now have to seek out a random episode of another series to get the beginning unless they work that one episode into the package like how some of the Homicide crossovers on the original L&O made it into the cable reruns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

fartknocker posted:

I canít recall which channel it was that aired them together (A&E, maybe?), but none of the channels that have aired it seemingly for the last 20 years have done that.

It was TNT. Their nightly marathons were responsible for most of my procrastination in college. ďJust one more episode, then Iíll write that paper.Ē Of course as soon as that marathon was over USA would start up an SVU marathon.

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Also they fuckin fridged stablers wife, astoundingly lazy setup.

That made me think of Television Without Pity for the first time in 15 years. If that site was still around they'd have been ecstatic seeing that.

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

I didn't realize SVU wasn't airing at its normal time tonight and just spent 10 minutes watching Manifest thinking it was the strangest L&O cold opening ever.

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

Crazy to see L&O back to over saturating the airwaves after all these years. Are they still working on that Hate Crimes spin-off for Peacock as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 6, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

Do the opening credits have any of Stabler's gang of idiots? I can picture 'Dylan McDermott' and 'Tamara Taylor' but not 'Ainsley Seiger' or 'Michael Rivera'. They seem really peripheral, and I really wonder if any of them are going to be dramatically killed off by the end of the season.

Ainsley Seiger is in the opening credits but I'm pretty sure the other two are not.