Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MJeff posted:

...Blacklist is still going? How old is it, like 10 years?

I never understand how it's still going everytime I see an ad for it.

Frankly this new series isn't really Law and Order to me, it has none of the structure or DOINK DOINK that should come with the branded property. it's just a prestige crime drama using the cast from another L&O property.

New SVU hardly is Law and Order anymore, although at least that slide took half the run to give up on the structural premise.

Also they fuckin fridged stablers wife, astoundingly lazy setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Timby posted:

Audiences seem to be agreeing with you. While the premiere did fabulous ratings and hung onto almost the entire lead-in from SVU, the next two new episodes finished close to dead last in their time slot.

SVU as a production has been there for a while (structurally) and I kinda hoped this new series would restore some of the OG Law and Order feel/structure even if there were some larger character arcs going on. It is even further from the model than modern SVU.

I just want them to bring back the original version, it's not like there is any shortage of murder real life crime drama to pull from.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If Brooklyn 99 can exist, OG Law and Order can exist in some fashion to tell the stories of good detective and prosecutorial efforts. They've had the disclaimer in one of the sets of credits since forever that it's not real.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Someone spoiler whatever this drama with Mrs Stabler is cause I sure as hell couldn't make it through the second episode.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oh No.

I gotta say one of the worst SVU tropes (beyond the diminishing role of the DA so we can have more squad time) is their decision to commit character assassination on just about every one they can. Oh you're leaving? Guess you were awful and have to die, go to jail, or whine on the way out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I've got the entire original run as on my plex server, so that was my answer to this access issue for OG.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I just realized the very easy way to avoid tying yourself to tropes of dangerous cities is to do L&O : FBI so they can just set the story wherever they want and have the FBI investigate crimes the local PD can't then have a federal prosecutor do the trial part.

I think it would also lend itself p well to the original format, cold open shows the setup or the arrival of our FBI detectives to handle this tricky case, then by the halfway point you can do the arrest and the prosecutor working with multiple FBI evidence teams to put them away.

Plus we've had a number of former ADAs head to the federal offices so its a ripe area to mine for nostalgic call back appearances.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

All you're telling me is Dick Wolf did it before, by gawd he can do it again.