Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Good morning, can we talk about how the SVU writers have no idea what to do with Kat?

Can we also talk about how horrible the most recent SVU episode was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sanguinia posted:

Have you guys heard that STABLERS BACK? I've been hearing that STABLER'S BACK.

All the time. Every day. On every single platform that I can't block advertising on. For MONTHS. :byodood:

Holy poo poo, really? When???? :psyduck:

Timby posted:

So which of Stabler's kids gets killed in the SVU episode this week? The logline for Organized Crime says that Stabler arrives at the Organized Crime Bureau following "a devastating personal loss."

My money's on Kathleen, who, last we saw the Stablers, has inherited her grandmother's bipolar disorder, has at least one DUI, dabbles in street drugs and has done God knows what else.

I can't imagine that it would be anyone but his wife, but I still kind of hope it's Maureen, if only because nothing ever happens with her.

quote:

I feel like we could Mad Libs this poo poo for the full SVU madness. Let's see ... Kathleen Stabler gets caught up in A DRUG TRAFFICKING RING run by HUNGARIAN NATIONALISTS who are SECRETLY BEING MANIPULATED BY NYPD POLICE CHIEF PETER GALLAGHER. She is murdered, the cause of death being A RARE FORM OF EBOLA CONTRACTED FROM THE BASKETBALL MONKEY. At THE FUNERAL, Elliot picks a fight with JOHN MUNCH but the fight is broken up by BENSON who decides to START MAKING OUT WITH ELLIOT ON KATHLEEN'S CASKET.

Ratings gold, Jerry. Give me a typewriter and an office.

Oh man, I hope Rollins hits on him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Benson & Stabler are like friends-only soulmates. They will always be best friends, have each other's backs, work perfectly together as professional partners, and love each other like brother & sister, and if they hook up, I'm quitting the show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

MJeff posted:

Ion TV does big blocks of syndicated shows each day and on Saturdays it does SVU and it's just so easy to have it on in the background and watch episode after episode. They used to do classic, too, but they replaced it with Blue Bloods, which is so much worse of a show that it makes me angry.

I've seen one episode of Blue Bloods and while I don't remember the premise, I do remember it being blatantly weirdly right-wing. Like, the main character has the last name Reagan, for gently caress's sake.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Jose Oquendo posted:

He shows up in the very first scene. They wasted no time at all.

Seriously, I was expecting it to be much more of a tease.

YeahTubaMike, yesterday posted:

I can't imagine that it would be anyone but his wife

:smug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Liv should have just let him kill the guy imho

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Not that this isn't sad, but 1) called it! and 2) having someone survive a literal car-bombing with a tiny scratch by her eyebrow would have been insane.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Lol Dylan McDermott actually said "woke" :v:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
So, like...DID they let that lady's brother die?

fartknocker posted:

Yep.

Also, I noticed the law firm they went to had Robinette as one of the partners.

Yeah, I saw that too, lol.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Having the woman kiss her pregnant wife's belly but not her wife was extremely bullshit.

fartknocker posted:

Benson may have let a dude who got shot die cause she called off an ambulance to get him to talk or something idk

:lol: So I wasn't just imagining that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I can't tell if Richie's stupid or brilliant. He's like Cleveland Brown, Jr.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Oasx posted:

I was confused about the SVU thing, as I remember it the SVU had nothing to do with arresting the black guy, it was just regular NYC cops. So why is Benson to blame for what another department did?

Maybe it's so that the police force can look extra innocent. If we know that Benson is innocent and the show doesn't focus on any of the non-innocent people, then we can forget that there ARE any non-innocent people.

edit: Also, I'm pretty sure the whole thing was presented as a misunderstanding in the first place -- he fit a description beyond race, so it's all just a huge misunderstanding that he's still mad about!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have too many opinions about last week's shows, and I'm not going to try to keep it short because this is the internet. I don't know how many line breaks to make because I don't remember the last time I wrote a post that was more than like three sentences long, so bear with me.

What I truly disliked about the SVU episode is that it combined my least favorite things -- Rollins/Carisi teasing bullshit, and a COVID-centric A-plot. SVU is a show filled with horrifying plotlines, acts of violence, and so on, but COVID is just...I don't know. It's not something I want to think about that much when I'm watching TV. I'm already surrounded by reminders of it, I don't need/want it in my entertainment too. Anyway, I'm so loving over Benson the superhero. It seems like she's everywhere, directly involved with every case all the time, no matter what the case is about. Everyone around her either acts like a bumbling idiot or reveres Liv like a goddess. There is no reason that she should have been able to talk Vanessa out of shooting the broker right in the drat chest -- all she wanted was to prevent him from taking the key to her restaurant. She could have shot him and taken it; that would have been a crazy ill-thought thing to do, but she had lost her drat mind so it would have made perfect sense.

Also, Carisi/Nicole is giving me a very uncomfortable Jim/Karen from The Office vibe. After pining after Rollins, he gets himself a nice beautiful girlfriend who he's compatible with and makes sense with, while Rollins remains single. Everyone around Rollins thinks that they're together because cHeMiStRy or whatever. I hope Carisi is moving on, rather than "settling". And yet, I could totally see him dropping Nicole like a sack of potatoes the second that Rollins gives him the time of day. All that said, I really liked Rollins's dad's trashy Maury show wife. :allears:

So, about OC: that giant rear end explosion just emphasized how EXTREMELY DEAD Kathy should have been after getting car-bombed. In the hospital, she looked like she fell while rollerblading or something, and she ended up dying from INTERNAL injuries. They should have had to identify her burnt rear end by dental records. Anyway, Gina is going to die horribly. First of all, she knows she's being spied on -- wouldn't it occur to her that it would look extremely suspicious if she suddenly went completely dark, especially since his goons already tried to follow her? Second of all, flirting with her boyfriend's dad is...gauche, to say the least, no matter what kind of intel she's trying to get, and I'd think that Richard would be suspicious of her flirtation if not outright murderously furious that this woman is betraying his (alleged :haw: -- the "at least I THINK he's my son" line was loving hilarious) son. He isn't exactly a pacifist. This is the first episode of OC that actually made me curious about what was going to happen next so I think I might officially be hooked on this show. It was only a matter of time.

Side notes:
- Gina's dress was cute except for the weird puffy sleeve parts.
- Why the gently caress would a hacker expect to be able to use a train's Wi-Fi to do anything at all, let alone stealing information? I hate this Abby from NCIS/Garcia from Criminal Minds clone. At least Garcia and only Garcia has some kind of chemistry with the rest of the ensemble; this hacker girl is just there to be personality-less and "cool". Ugh.
- Eli is the milkman's son, right? Because like... Kathy & Elliot were two lily-white light-eyed Irish Catholics with four lily-white light-eyed children & the swarthy Eli "Joseph Gribble" Stabler, and seeing the whole family in the same room for that intervention made the difference in appearance even more obvious.

edit:
My mom & I will text each other if an episode with Buchanan is on. He is so loving awesome.

MorrisBae posted:

lol only way Stabler can get over his wife and start boning Liv is by making his dead wife a dirty criminal

The "I love you" from Stabler was so...weird. I judged the awkwardness as Stabler just becoming even more unhinged as he tries to be vulnerable, but I know all these Benson/Stabler shippers are going to blow it out of proportion. Benson & Stabler should be just friends forever, and the kids should only ever think of her as their cool auntie.

HOLY gently caress posted:

All the awkward Rollins/Carisi tension is killing me and now Carisi finally got a date with someone after like 6 years or however long he’s been on the show and I bet he’s going to keep cancelling on her for Rollins. Also lmao at her dad giving her some Nice Guy speech while he’s on his possible deathbed

I understand why he wouldn't leave his best friend alone at the hospital while her father was dying, but ugh. At least they didn't do the classic "comfort makeout" thing at the end.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 24, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

fartknocker posted:

The last few episodes of that season are nuts between that, the defense attorney throwing herself and the client she’s obsessed with off the roof of the DA’s building, and then the last episode with Lake shooting people and Novak getting in trouble.

Both of those episodes were on last night, and both of them were delightful :haw:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

fartknocker posted:

Wasn’t Dodds in just one season too? He was kinda :geno: but not bad at his job that I remember.

The episode where Dodds died, you pretty much knew from the second that the episode started that he was giong to die. It was hilarious even though it was sad.

I liked Dodds.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It looked like Gina got shot in the tit with a paintball gun. Is she even dead? She doesn't seem dead.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Timby posted:

The William Lewis saga got almost into Joker / The Dark Knight territory in terms of how convoluted and twisty it got. There was some pure-strained Jake Roberts "You think we're playing checkers, I'm playing chess" energy to Lewis.

Oh god, the whole Lewis thing was a lot. Not surprised he tried defending himself in court, as I remember he started out doing well and then just got eviscerated

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhh let's all collectively forget that Lewis ever existed. What a complete shitshow.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Oasx posted:

Organized Crime isn't doing anything for me, Stapler in SVU was a product of his time but bringing the character back without any growth as a person just feels boring.

Seriously, becoming more insane != growth.

quote:

Together with the constant SVU crossovers it doesn't feel like it's own show. I will check out the second season, see if it's just growing pains.

My mom and I were shooting the poo poo about Organized Crime, and we slowly came to the realization that the characters have absolutely no depth to them. Neither of us could even remember the sergeant's name (it's Ayana Bell, which I only learned from looking at a review), and when we looked up the two non-Stabler guys' names, we didn't even know which was which. The only identifiable characters are Stabler and Wheatley, and at this point, they're both pretty one-dimensional though.

One-dimensional is better than ZERO-dimensional, I guess. A whole slew of quantum characters. Not exactly interest-piquing.

edit: also, they keep showing Kathy Stabler getting blown up, and seriously...how the gently caress did this woman even have eyebrows after that? The producers/directors/special effects people/makeup artists/whoever else did a really bad job with that explosion, assuming she is actually really dead.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 25, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Overanalysis is basically my favorite thing in the world, so most of my posts in here are going to be long as hell.

Re: the most recent SVU episode...should I be spoiler-tagging episodes that are less than a week old? Anyway both of my issues with this episode center around the ending...

Issue #1: How the gently caress is a woman who has been terrorizing her family for years stupid enough to text her husband threatening messages DURING HER TRIAL? Did she WANT to get thrown in jail on the spot? It was all just way too convenient and odd, especially since she had apparently sent him a bunch of messages without anyone noticing and while glaring suspiciously at him.

Issue #2: Her sentence was lenient as gently caress, and I get that they were trying to demonstrate how female perpetrators of domestic violence aren't thought of as violent or scary as male ones, but the ending was still, like...not bittersweet enough. Everyone is just happy that she's being punished, which could have been good if it had been more cynical, but it wasn't. Plus, her poor husband is like "I won't keep you out of Matthew's life, but I will keep you out of mine." Like, okay, great -- so your son, who is terrified of your mean-spirited rage-filled rapist wife enough that the nanny is worried about him, will be forced to continue having visitations with her. Just great.

Also, whatever the hell the judge was on during the trial, I want some.

Re: the most recent OC episode, that scene where the woman stands up after giving Richard a blowjob and they immediately make out is one of the grossest things I've ever seen on network television, and I know there's a name for that particular act but I can't think of it and I'm not looking it up on UD at work.

My primary OC thoughts (again, I don't know if I should be spoiler-tagging these opinions but I'm erring on the side of yes):
- The only member of the squad with any personality whatsoever is Stabler. This makes the show very hard to get invested in.
- Holy poo poo, Gina really IS dead. :owned:
- I live in New York City -- how the flying gently caress was the Astor Place subway station empty in the middle of the god drat afternoon? :psyduck: Also, the complete emptiness of the subway station made literally everyone more suspicious. From the hacker girl LOUDLY handing her hot dog to "a homeless person" to a horde of extremely freshly well-dressed men convening on the platform, it's like everyone involved was actively trying to be as conspicuous as possible.
- There's a scene where a 6 train -- one of the older ones, with a white 6 in a green circle on the front -- pulls up, but when Stabler and Richard get on, the interior of the train is quite obviously one that a newer train would have.
- In the scene where Richard, Angela, and Stabler are talking about Stabler and Kathy not having true love or whatever, I thought/hoped Richard was going to say that Eli wasn't really Stabler's son. I'm really sick of the Benson/Stabler shipping nonsense.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I think we don’t have to spoiler tag once something has aired unless we’re posting about it in a general thread where people might not watch or be caught up to the most recent episodes. As far as I know, anyway, I know threads sometimes have their own rules. I mostly spoiler tagged my last post because I threw a bunch of personal poo poo in there and not spoiler tagging it felt wrong somehow.

I’m sick of the benson/stabler shipping stuff too honestly. I think they’d be awful together, it feels like there’s way too much poo poo between them to make anything work or even be remotely functional or healthy and it would be kind of boring to watch. Like it’s so obvious that it’s boring, if that makes any sense. I usually love excruciatingly drawn-out will they won’t they type of situations but ugh, not this one.

Right! I think I mentioned it in a previous post but Benson & Stabler seem like friends-only soulmates.

For what it's worth though, I hate will-they-won't-they poo poo. Just mash Rollins & Carisi together already, god drat.

Hand Knit posted:

Bold, exciting, daring, an idea making the series worthwhile: the series ends with Stabler getting together with Angela Richard Wheatley.

Fixed. :colbert:

edit: fixed again

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 2, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Oh poo poo, that just reminded me that they finally let Sgt Bell in OC kiss her wife!

Yeah, it was really weird that they did it right after Richard's standing-around-in-the-middle-of-the-living-room blowjob though.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 2, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I think my brain must be trying to protect me because I mercifully do not remember the living room blowjob at all. Thanks, brain problems! :buddy:

Your brain prevented you from remembering that and you're saying it has problems? Sounds like a good brain to me. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
SVU thoughts:

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, Carisi/Nicole is giving me a very uncomfortable Jim/Karen from The Office vibe. After pining after Rollins, he gets himself a nice beautiful girlfriend who he's compatible with and makes sense with, while Rollins remains single. Everyone around Rollins thinks that they're together because cHeMiStRy or whatever. I hope Carisi is moving on, rather than "settling". And yet, I could totally see him dropping Nicole like a sack of potatoes the second that Rollins gives him the time of day.

Seriously though, gently caress Carisi. They telegraphed that he & Nicole have been hitting a rough patch or whatever because of her feelings about marriage, and this is somehow both too early AND too late in their relationship for such a conversation to come up. I can't tell if they made Nicole unrealistically bitchy about it or if they purposely made Carisi sound dismissive & insensitive toward her feelings. Either way, it makes him look bad, especially since he makes out with another woman so soon after AND apparently without having broken up with Nicole first.

Aside from that and everyone being such overt busybodies about Finn's upcoming wedding (which felt very out of character for all of them), this episode was actually pretty good. I thought that homeless/disadvantaged women being trafficked in exchange for housing AND a Black police chief dealing with being thrown under the bus by his corrupt white colleagues were interesting concepts that were executed...imperfectly, but not unwatchably. 7 out of 10 stars.

OC thoughts:

OC: Guess that’s why we hadn’t had much development with those two detectives :stonk: I didn’t expect it to be Morales, he was so boring I didn’t even consider it.

And the complete lack of development of the two detectives only made Morales's death seem that much more shallow. :downs: We had no time to develop a connection, so we had no reason to care. They couldn't have had ONE SCENE in a previous episode where, like, Morales has to leave early and Bell's like "oh, is your sister okay?" or maybe Morales gets a phone call and his expression turns all somber and he says he has to go as he rushes out? I just don't understand. This would have taken like two minutes and it would have given us a shitload of context.

I'm going to give this show like five more episodes to either start making sense or get hate-watchably bad -- after that, I'm giving up. Life is short.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Oasx posted:

I’m surprised they even continued the Nicole relationship, it didn’t exactly start well. It just seems like they wanted to introduce a love interest who was unlikable, so that they could easily get rid of her.

They didn't make Nicole NEARLY unlikable enough. Everyone got along with her when they met her, she never yelled at him or acted domineering -- we never had a reason to dislike her, and the fact that she felt that marriage was a patriarchal institution (which, mind you, is something that we didn't know until just now) absolutely does not count.

It feels like they forgot about the mole and the other two detectives and then were like oh poo poo we’re at the finale already? better shoehorn this in real quick! And I think we only heard the other detective (Washburn?) referred to by name like, twice. Farewell detectives, we hardly knew ye :pwn:

Wait a second, Washburn was in on it too? I thought it was all Morales's idea and that Washburn was just remarkably stupid.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

fartknocker posted:

Stabler’s divorce felt like it went on forever too, and the episodes with him paired with Beck while Benson was pregnant undercover or whatever dragged a lot to me as well.

Yeah, Beck never existed. She was just a fever dream as far as I'm concerned, although even my subconscious probably couldn't conjure up a character so devoid of charm or intrigue.

Timby posted:

Until we got Rollins' batshit family and Amaro having the longest goddamn divorce ever and becoming Stabler 2.0.

I love Rollins's batshit family :allears: Also, a guy I know played Kim's sketchy boyfriend that does drugs with her in Rollins's apartment, and it was hilarious because I did not know that until I saw the scene.

But yeah, Amaro's divorce was just so loving BORING. Ooooooohhh my god.

edit:

Yeah, Amaro's problems went on for way too long and it was kind of a relief when he finally left.

I don't remember if this actually happened but lmao if it did:

I have never seen Phantom of the Opera, I have only seen one parody of it (the "Phantom of the Telethon" episode of American Dad), and I had no loving clue that prison was even involved in any way.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Timby posted:

It isn't. Hence the joke.

I thought the joke was that he went to prison for something other than stealing bread. Whoops.

quote:

The episode that finally got me to say "I'm loving done with Rollins' Rowdy Relatives" was the insanely convoluted one in which Kim shoots the on-again, off-again guy she's been seeing, and then it turns out that Kim had taken out a life insurance policy on him and listed Amanda as the beneficiary, causing Tucker at IAB to once again try to nail an SVU detective to the wall. I know it's only a 42-minute episode, but it felt three hours long.

There was also the one where Kim seduced, drugged and robbed a star violinist. :suicide:

I don't remember either of those, which is probably why I still love Rollins's Rowdy Relatives. :haw:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Weekend SVU marathons in the post-Stabler era are so disappointing.

Also, I saw Perverted Justice, the only episode whose title I can remember being named anywhere, and it was boring.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Digital Jedi posted:

Hey look a crazy person showed up

And surprisingly this was in Oct 2020 not right after 9/11 as I figured it would have been

MJeff posted:

I know you mean 2000 but Rudy showing up on Law and Order 2020 would be pretty wild.

I was like, "whoa, they did a REALLY good job with the makeup there" :v:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Timby posted:

Jamie Gray Hyder and Demore Barnes are exiting SVU following the season premiere.

What the hell? I liked them both. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Timby posted:

Hyder, for her part, has strongly insinuated on Twitter that she was fired.

Somehow, this wouldn't really surprise me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Timby posted:

Demore Barnes has also said that he didn't quit SVU, he was fired.

Whyyyyy :( He was great, and so was Jamie Gray Hyder, and I'm going to miss both of them.

On one hand I hope there wasn't any real drama because I don't have anything against any of the actors, but on the other, it would be fun if they ended up blowing some whistles.

I think new SVU and Organized Crime start tomorrow! I am cautiously optimistic!

:doink:

gently caress yeah! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is Rollins/Carisi nonsense, but I'm stoked about everything else.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Is it just me, or does Kelli Giddish look like she's a million years old? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but like...

Hand Knit posted:

e: The fade to black on that "lets get you to the doctor" was so weird.

The editing for this episode has been kind of weird in general.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
What the hell is this show? :psypop:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My mom and I had a 2-hour long conversation about the SVU & OC episodes last night, and like an hour & a half of that was spent trying to figure out what the hell even happened in the OC episode.

SVU thoughts:
* The episode was well-cast, well-acted, and non-boring, but that's basically it. 4 out of 10.
* Rollins & Carisi are gross and terrible.
* If they put Stabler & Benson together romantically, we'll quit the show. That's what we said about Rollins & Carisi too, so...yeah... :negative:
* It was extremely hosed up that they made Jamie Gray Hyder & Demore Barnes act out their respective firings while Mariska Hargitay acted out her "oh no, but I WANTED you to stay though :smith: " stuff. It kind of made me think that they were fired for ego-related reasons.

OC thoughts:
* :psyduck: Confusing, 800 new characters whose names we don't know, alliances that don't make sense. 3 out of 10.
* I thought to myself, "is everyone on this show gay?" after Eli and his friend shared a Look during his conversation with Stabler. That would be cool.
* It seems like the show is trying to make it extra obvious that Eli, with his dark eyes & thick wavy black hair, isn't Stabler's biological son.
* Stabler beating the poo poo out of that cop was hilarious.
* We laughed at Bell putting the fake baby down in the playpen. :v:

I should have quoted this in my previous post, but

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Stabler drat well better fire that thing.

:hmmyes:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

PaybackJack posted:

Finally got around to watching OC and I was just loving confused as all hell. I thought maybe I missed an episode but apparently we're just doing this now.

I'm relieved that other people are as confused about OC as my mom & I are. Part of me wonders if there are any episode synopses lying around the internet somewhere, but I kind of doubt that they would make any sense either.

Also, for the record, watching SVU doesn't help OC make more sense.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Timby posted:

allthingslawandorder.blogspot.com tries its best, but you can tell even the author can't make heads or tails of what the gently caress is happening on OC. I'm done with the show, especially once I noticed that Meloni has an EP credit on it; actors having creative control almost never leads to good things.

I love All Things Law & Order, but things are so confusing on OC that I didn't even expect her to be able to decipher it for us.

Pretty much the only reason I'm still watching OC is because I want to see Stabler launch a rocket.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm finally caught up on the last couple of SVU & OC episodes, and just...I really need someone on the internet to hate the Rollins/Carisi couple with. Will anyone join me, please? :ohdear:

My notes about the Wheelhouse episode are as follows:
* A well-acted episode with guests that had nothing to work with.
* How the hell did the victim get the impression that Carisi liked Rollins? Did she even see them look at each other more than once?
* I wish the douchebags' lawyer had been Buchanan. This guy was great and all, but Buchanan would have been greater. So much smarm.

J-Spot posted:

The crossover in the SVU episode didn't really make sense to me. If Stabler is working undercover then surely he would not be able to go out in broad daylight to work another case, right? Did I miss something?

It really seems like he's TRYING to get caught sometimes. Between talking to his son seriously, when are we going to find out that Eli is the son of the dude Kathy had sex with while she & Stabler were separated? in broad daylight in front of a public school and going back to his actual home every day, is he making any kind of effort to keep this Eddie Wagner thing going? It's not like going undercover is some regular old 9-5. Does he take weekends off too?

Also, skulking around that charity party, talking into his wrist, standing in the corner -- like, dude. Also also, Sergeant Bell's dress really should have drawn more attention to her than it did, but it was like she & Stabler were walking around with invisibility cloaks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rappaport posted:

Is there any pairing within the SVU universe that wouldn't be absolutely terrible?

McGrath and Rollins's sister would introduce some interesting, albeit hosed up, plot elements.

Come on, we're in season 23, let's get weird. Let Liv go full Florence Nightengale & bone one of the vics, let Carisi bone a lawyer, just end the show with a big rear end SVU orgy, why not?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Also when he got drugged I at first thought that entire conversation with Benson about the letter didn’t actually happen and he was in Bell’s living room the whole time tripping balls imagining it.

I wanted to cringe myself inside out during that scene. Has Christopher Meloni ever been under the influence of anything in his entire life? I've seen better high-acting in Lifetime movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Poor Reggie. :smith: