Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

(I know Drawfee is a Youtube channel, but they're pretty podcast-adjacent and don't really have "shows", so I put this in RGD instead of TVIV)

Drawfee (originally "Morning Drawfee") is a collective of cool artists who draw improvisational art based on weird fan suggested prompts (like style mashups and trying to draw pop culture that they've never seen). Their art ranges from silly to incredibly impressive. They mostly came from CollegeHumor & Dorkly, but have been independent for over a year after the big CH layoff, and now rely on their Patreon. They also have a Drawfee Extra channel for occasional streams.

Co-created by Nathan Yaffe (who is still on the channel) and Caldwell Tanner (who isn't), the current roster now Nathan, Karina Farek, Jacob Andrews and Julia Lepetit, as well as recurring guests. They're all cool, funny people with pretty varied styles, but typically Julia's is the one people talk about most because she has an insane talent for making what's in her head come alive (like the time she taught herself Blender just to do a speed drawing). They're not just great videos for artists, they're also really chill videos to put on in the background or watch at 2x speed. New episodes are usually posted on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

Some all time greats:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 31, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Drawfee rules and they are insanely talented to me, a person with no drawing ability.

I think a good recent episode of theirs was their fast food mascot redesigns, it does a good job of differentiating the hosts' styles-
https://youtu.be/439X1hJ_j9w

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Great show! Drawtectives is a lot of fun.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Sankara posted:

Great show! Drawtectives is a lot of fun.

I need to go back and watch all of Drawtectives now that its finished. I'm very hype for season 2.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

TOO EASY

C-Euro posted:

Drawfee rules and they are insanely talented to me, a person with no drawing ability.

I think a good recent episode of theirs was their fast food mascot redesigns, it does a good job of differentiating the hosts' styles-
https://youtu.be/439X1hJ_j9w
That episode reminded me of how underrated Jacob is, and I think it's because he's just so consistent that you don't really notice until he experiments. He's improved a lot too. I assume being Julia's partner has probably helped him branch out more.

And I love that Julia did both a whimsical classic BK and an insane dark one. The only way it could be more Julia is if she drew a background.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

All hail Strong Nathan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Karina deciding to lean into being into Neopets has been a fun little mini-arc.