Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The shop noticeably sucks now, I end so many runs with 99 coins and barely anything bought, especially when you only get three shops (can’t buy poo poo on the first floor and you’re always going to get dicked by Greed and the Super Greed, usually on Depths 1 and 2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black August posted:

The shop noticeably sucks now, I end so many runs with 99 coins and barely anything bought, especially when you only get three shops (can’t buy poo poo on the first floor and you’re always going to get dicked by Greed and the Super Greed, usually on Depths 1 and 2).

womb secret room full of coins. awesome. time to backtrack to that one slot machine 19 rooms ago for flies-oh it broke

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
4.5 volt is a nice add to the shop.

Most of the Repentance changes are either good or understandable but the bad shops just feel awful. Thanks for donating 999 coins, here's a red heart and jar of flies, rear end in a top hat.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
jar of flies is pretty good imho

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I know there's a bad jar in there somewhere.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Oh I dont care about shop items. I just want there to be soul hears. The shop pool has always been pretty bad unless u get like the broken modem or the pocket watch (ermnwell not anymore hehe ty devs). Or the items that let u steal items like mr me.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

welcome posted:

I know there's a bad jar in there somewhere.

Thats the red heart jar

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

jar of flies is pretty good imho

It's badass

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I spend all my money on bums which have a decent chance of dropping an hp up, battery bums which drop an item after like 50 coins and rotten bums which I've used 99 coins on and still not gotten an item before (tons of flies though). I need to unlock claw machines

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I spend all my money on bums which have a decent chance of dropping an hp up, battery bums which drop an item after like 50 coins and rotten bums which I've used 99 coins on and still not gotten an item before (tons of flies though). I need to unlock claw machines

why do they have to bury cool new stuff like this lol

quote:

The Crane Game is an object added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance and is unlocked by beating Mega Satan as Tainted Samson

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

all of the tainted chars have a game mechanic changing unlock like that tied to them for beating mega satan lol, I only have like 2 of them so far

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

extremebuff posted:

why do they have to bury cool new stuff like this lol

Man so much cool stuff buried. Brutal. Everything is terrible.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tainted bethany is absolutely insane. what the hell lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Shes fun yea

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Mods work again. No other patch changes but now people can fix stuff themselves , thank you edmund

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maybe I'll mod the game. AFTER getting all 637 achievements.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gently caress the mods except maaybe the mudeth soundtrack and removing the parents discussion on ascent

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thats right i play this game with all the stujpid bullshit like reduced mantle i frames and increased shot speed because i am impossibly R-ded

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I do want the mudeth ost for some variety after 200 hrs. I leave the music on but I've gone through almost the entire mst3k catalog while playing isaac since repentance came out

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

thats right i play this game with all the stujpid bullshit like reduced mantle i frames and increased shot speed because i am impossibly R-ded

this!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I like the cosmetic mods, like the one that gives each champion boss a unique look or color scheme

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I do want the mudeth ost for some variety after 200 hrs. I leave the music on but I've gone through almost the entire mst3k catalog while playing isaac since repentance came out

after the 40 hr mark on the og i disabled the music and i only enabled it here to listen to the alt floor tracks at least twice then i turned it back off and put on best of the worst again

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Got the mudeth music mod and the difference in energy is big

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black August posted:

Got the mudeth music mod and the difference in energy is big

Is it out? I thought he was making his own mod including changes to afterbirth+ music and dross/ashpit/gehenna

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh I guess he's letting other people mod it in

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

gently caress the mods except maaybe the mudeth soundtrack and removing the parents discussion on ascent

the mods need to fix half the items that had damage up removed like maw of the void. fix brimstone. fix shops. etc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

after the 40 hr mark on the og i disabled the music and i only enabled it here to listen to the alt floor tracks at least twice then i turned it back off and put on best of the worst again

i just keep it off

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh I guess he's letting other people mod it in

it's just the basic Antibirth music, none of his new stuff yet, can't wait to hear it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

why did they make the brimstone beam only last 1/2 a second or w/e. its still an instant game win most of the time now its just more annoying to use. gently caress you nicalis!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Evil Eagle posted:

Now this is the real pro tip. I should watch more of those.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

RLM FTW

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjlW_IiFVUQ

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mom's knife was floor 1 from a red chest devil deal. Polyphemus was in caves 2. Sniped in the boss rush by an off-screen brimstone attack. Dont wanna talk about it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
rip

probably not what happened to you but a quick tip never stand directly to the sides or below where bosses will spawn cause you can get insta brim'd by bloat, the dark one, monstro 2.0, adversary or rarely the fallen. if you can bait the laser you can get one of them to isntakill the other boss but its risky. goon luck mate

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

no better feeling than gupping at the end of the long and hard corpse run where you were at half a blue heart with the piece of poo poo blue baby on the knife piece 2 escape sequence because the mitre you got on floor 1 never activated a single time before then. thank you guppy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there is a better feeling and thats not doing the corpse

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I swear to god there's a hidden are you too OP for my precious delirium meter behind the mega satan fight, I feel like I haven't got the void portal loving once from him. here we go with another blue baby run

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 16, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

portal spawned on the next run (not on mega satan though)

I finally got to put diplopia to good use with twisted pair, that + tech zero and getting like .5 extra damage the whole run didn't even matter

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I swear to god there's a hidden are you too OP for my precious delirium meter behind the mega satan fight, I feel like I haven't got the void portal loving once from him. here we go with another blue baby run

it used to be garunteed i thot. maybe after you beat the lamb? idk. edmund must be slaughtered like a pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

it’s always been guaranteed after hush and 50% chance from mega satan. don’t know the other percentages tho it’s something dumb like 10% or whatever