Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

okay, i am actually starting to think the posters in this thread made this entire game up using random selections from a large collection of novelty refrigerator word magnets.

I can explain the screenshot I posted in the screenshot thread. I was playing as the new character named Tainted Cain (who has a mechanic that lets him craft items out of the various pickups in the game in exchange for not being about to pick up items off of pedestals) in Greedier mode (a mode where you fight waves of enemies to collect coins that can be used in a shop that infinitely restocks itself) because I was going for 2 specific secrets that require you to take a certain pill several times. When Tainted Cain picks up items, they explode into random pickups which he can then use to craft stuff, and this leads to pretty much infinite pickups and money in Greedier mode because there are items that you can craft that lower shop prices or give you money outright. So I played until I found a shop with pills, got max money and started taking them over and over until I found one that I needed, that being One Makes You Larger (which increases your characters size) and I bought pills over and over until I got 5 of those, unlocking one of the secrets I was going for. After that I crafted random stuff out of the large amount of leftover pills and other pickups on ground and randomly crafted Farting Baby. He farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

there's a dead baby who throws poop, lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

okay, i am actually starting to think the posters in this thread made this entire game up using random selections from a large collection of novelty refrigerator word magnets.

A troll bomb is a bomb with the trollface on it. R>C>P

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I can explain the screenshot I posted in the screenshot thread. I was playing as the new character named Tainted Cain (who has a mechanic that lets him craft items out of the various pickups in the game in exchange for not being about to pick up items off of pedestals) in Greedier mode (a mode where you fight waves of enemies to collect coins that can be used in a shop that infinitely restocks itself) because I was going for 2 specific secrets that require you to take a certain pill several times. When Tainted Cain picks up items, they explode into random pickups which he can then use to craft stuff, and this leads to pretty much infinite pickups and money in Greedier mode because there are items that you can craft that lower shop prices or give you money outright. So I played until I found a shop with pills, got max money and started taking them over and over until I found one that I needed, that being One Makes You Larger (which increases your characters size) and I bought pills over and over until I got 5 of those, unlocking one of the secrets I was going for. After that I crafted random stuff out of the large amount of leftover pills and other pickups on ground and randomly crafted Farting Baby. He farts.

tainted cain picks up items that explode into consumables, while searching for a reason to live.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

he's going to loving blow the second all his recipes become randomized

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black August posted:

he's going to loving blow the second all his recipes become randomized

why do you think that will happen lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

why do you think that will happen lol

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

one of the developers said it was going to be changed to be randomized by seed at some point

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

tainted cain picks up items that explode into consumables, while searching for a reason to live.

lmao

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

It really is its own lexicon. Like having poly ipecac and then libra to achieve soy milk levels of explosive tear rate? Epic.

Also I don't think I've gotten cancer in my last 100 runs. Is it not in hard mode?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black August posted:

one of the developers said it was going to be changed to be randomized by seed at some point

That is loving stupid

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

It really is its own lexicon. Like having poly ipecac and then libra to achieve soy milk levels of explosive tear rate? Epic.

Also I don't think I've gotten cancer in my last 100 runs. Is it not in hard mode?

which cancer? I've gotten both regardless

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Black August posted:

Maybe within each item pool and rarity category but it's got a pretty clear setup right now where black hearts give devil room items, more rare consumables give more powerful items, etc that clearly they put some work into. I'd be ok with it not being completely deterministic though especially since it tells you what you'll get before you craft it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The trinket? I've seen it for sure but wayyyy less often than it feels like I did in Afterbirth+. Maybe i'm just going crazy but it feels like a lot of item drop rates were tweaked in Repentance even though it hasn't been noted on the wiki or anything. Like I feel like I used to get the Sackhead item in a shop every other run but now I see it very rarely. Which is fair I guess because it's pretty busted

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Red Redemption took me forever, I died to mother after killing her twice and on attempt had the game crashing on her, finally got it just now. The rocket launcher bomb modifier is really really good against her

Don't think I'm gonna go for Brains or Ultra Hard until I get some more unlocks but those are the only 2 I have left

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 2, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

which cancer?

Same with your previous post, sir.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Yeah, I meant the trinket.

Evil Eagle posted:

Red Redemption took me forever, I died to mother after killing her twice and on attempt had the game crashing on her, finally got it just now. The rocket launcher bomb modifier is really really good against her

Don't think I'm gonna go for Brains or Ultra Hard until I get some more unlocks but those are the only 2 I have left

Brains just takes patience and getting the hang of it. It's not bad. Someday I'll buckle down and finish ultra hard. Right now I have to figure out what my 420th achievement will be.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same with your previous post, sir.

lol

This was definitely the easiest delirium kill I've had so far (although that tainted keeper build I rerolled would have been a lot easier)

Spin to Win + the guardian angel orbital makes it really hard to get hit at all

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mmmm i hate greedier mode so much

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i kept getting eternal hearts in ultra greedier mode so i made sacred heart with trisagiion and circkets body a bunch of tears up items pretty cool combo whew glad i don't have to play that terrible mode again before they make him super useless. TOO bad i have to do the rest of the game with him

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bosses that have HP that scale with your damage so it always takes 15 minutes no matter what is the worst aids ever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they seemed to have removed the armor on ultra greed 2nd phase. or maybe it was never there. anyway ultra greedier mode is terrible because you can get terrible spawns like the 4 way meat bones which poo poo out super fast bullets thanks to the new hard mode which makes the bullets like 2x as fast and theres no cool down attacks.

DONT get me wrong ultra greed is still a terrible boss howste er

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Brains just takes patience and getting the hang of it. It's not bad. Someday I'll buckle down and finish ultra hard. Right now I have to figure out what my 420th achievement will be.

Yeah you're right, some of the new enemies (needle) are really annoying in it though. It really just took focusing on the creep instead of the brain bombs. That said I did unlock Bethany's Mother kill item just for the chance of getting it on brains and I got it lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just lost a fantastic greedier mode run as tainted lost cause an exploding mob spawned on top of me and my book of the dead orbitals instakilled it. Fairly cool and im not mad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

started a lost hard mode file as a gag because I was pissed at this game and I immediately got ring tears, laser tears, the random crazy tears milk carton thing which made the tears machinegunfire without needing to charge, sacred heart, and just kept getting damage. got as far as the chest and died to a bullshit triple spider boss room.

have never even gotten past like, the caves with lost before lmao so I got a bunch of badass poo poo unlocked

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lost isn't too bad if you unlocked his holy mantle in the greed machine but you can't take all the devil deals now only some of them. tragic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
THIS!!! Unlock yhe freaeking mantle ffs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah between mantle and his new special d6 Lost is a pretty fun character. Don't know if I'll ever slog through getting Godhead though, I pretty much only play normal mode

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I dont enhoy the eternal d6. Its better than the d4 when it could reroll your mantle but its like isaacs d6 in that it makes you go back and forth trying to minmax charges to reroll items whoch brings the pace down a lot cause if youre not rerolling that hp up that spawned after killing the boss or that blood rights in item roo m then youre literally making things even harder on yourself

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

ArfJason posted:

I dont enhoy the eternal d6. Its better than the d4 when it could reroll your mantle but its like isaacs d6 in that it makes you go back and forth trying to minmax charges to reroll items whoch brings the pace down a lot cause if youre not rerolling that hp up that spawned after killing the boss or that blood rights in item roo m then youre literally making things even harder on yourself

That is also true and why I don't really play Isaac when I don't have to . The D6 is a fun treat to find every once in a while but when I have it every run I can't help but try and minmax and it doesn't make for a very fun run. Just saying it's definitely a power level boost for The Lost

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah irs good that you can finally do *something* about items that are useless for him cause even if it evaporates you didnt lose anything, unless you find mediocre items and gamble on getting better stuff which i do all the time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I'm getting the hang of Delirium, I beat him just now with a ludovico and .6 speed lol. Just greedier mode to go and I'll have all of Isaac's marks, then I just have to do the other 33 characters...endless content

edit: 1 down... 33 to go.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 3, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol, never played Lost on my old savefile but unlocked him here and took him straight to a Beast clear for my first and only completion mark. Didn't realize Dead Cat revives you on the spot instead of teleporting you in that fight, that's extremely strong

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

seems broken, should start you over from dogma

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

why are mom's hands so big and have no windup in the regular mom fight now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

why are mom's hands so big and have no windup in the regular mom fight now

its that way in rebirth too based on playing co-op with my friend. hate those hands. I think she actually got nerfed in repentance, only her stomps do a full heart now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

its that way in rebirth too based on playing co-op with my friend. hate those hands. I think she actually got nerfed in repentance, only her stomps do a full heart now

they weren't that big in repentance, they're longer now. and now her leg does contact damage

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

isaac's heart can even ruin a sick tainted bethany run where I had 99 red hearts. amazing. RIP 10 streak

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 4, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

took me all afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its "hard" to keep playing this game due to all the bad ideas nicalis and emund have about balancing a loving single palyer game. die!