Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yes and we will both play 60000 more hours of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lmao at the crawlspace with 1 pile of poop in it. Thank you edmund.

I've gotten as far as womb on Ultra Hard and it's so loving hard dude

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ultra hard is easily top 3 worst additions in ab+. Repentance changed Curse of the maze so that it wont send you back to already cleared rooms, which it did in ab+, which meant ultra hard was not only dogshit but insanely boring and drawn out. You kept getting teleported all over the massive floors and had the room layout swapping bullshit all with curse of the lost, so it meant that it could take 3 minutes just as it could take 10 to exit a floor you already cleared.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

Ultra hard is easily top 3 worst additions in ab+. Repentance changed Curse of the maze so that it wont send you back to already cleared rooms, which it did in ab+, which meant ultra hard was not only dogshit but insanely boring and drawn out. You kept getting teleported all over the massive floors and had the room layout swapping bullshit all with curse of the lost, so it meant that it could take 3 minutes just as it could take 10 to exit a floor you already cleared.

I just died to double fallen in the womb when I had placenta lol, gently caress this poo poo for a while. The random curse of the unknown on top of all the other poo poo is what really gets me about it

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

So the Red Key kicks all sorts of rear end. The item rooms seem to show up at a decent rate.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The ultra secret room is garuneteed on every floor and has the same generation rules as the super secret room so its never adjacent 2 other red rooms. I think

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Didn't know that treasure rooms had a chance to spawn with no pedestal items in it. cool game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ultra hard is so miserable but I really want to beat it. why are there enemies that do 2 hearts of damage. why does curse of the maze always teleport you into a room with unavoidable damage. why did I just die with satanic bible on the first floor

edit: why does dead cat teleport you into rooms you haven't been in.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 5, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just had a really promising run and then took a break, had yum heart and like 6 heart containers. Came back to it and the first room of utero was filled with enemies that come in and out of the ground and one of them was a champion that constantly heals enemies. I'm going to chop edmund in half

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat it. Brimstone saves the day

I think it's the first time I've seen the brimstone + mom's knife synergy too, it's really loving strong lol https://streamable.com/5c2r30

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Evil Eagle posted:

I beat it. Brimstone saves the day

I think it's the first time I've seen the brimstone + mom's knife synergy too, it's really loving strong lol https://streamable.com/5c2r30

lol cool, I haven’t seen how those two interact before.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

greedier is absolutely miserable unless you find some god tier poo poo immediately. maybe it was just my luck but at least they dont super spam the giant champions with 8x health as much as they did when it was new

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

eden start with a d6 was extremely cathartic after so much ultra hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5M3BrpT8fw

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat tractor beam on regular lilith is insane in greedier mode

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

drat tractor beam on regular lilith is insane in greedier mode

Yeah I got that in my last lillith run. Very sweet

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just had a Filigree Feather + Stairway Azazel run where I got max money on Dross 2 from a card against humanity. Crazy stuff lol, Angel items are so good. Shame Star of Bethlehem doesn't go down to Mother, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMu6SFPLg3w

Just Delirium left with him and I'll have 5/17 regular characters done.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Getting super pissed that half the golden trinkets don't do anything

Gold Holy Crown should make two treasure rooms appear in Cathedral and with Mom's Box it should be three gently caress you for being so stingy Edmund you're wrong about everything!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bethany is cool. i found the feather that shoots down god rays so not only was that a great room clear/boss killer but her tears had a chance for that effect. unlocked the red key and her tainted version and was immediately owned by the tv

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black August posted:

Getting super pissed that half the golden trinkets don't do anything

Gold Holy Crown should make two treasure rooms appear in Cathedral and with Mom's Box it should be three gently caress you for being so stingy Edmund you're wrong about everything!!

Hopefully they enhance some of those when they add the rest of the birthright effects. hopefully. I haven't even unlocked them yet though lol.

Took out Greedier mode, Mother, the Beast and Delirium with Judas today. Blowing through the easy characters lol. The new reversed Strength card seemed especially great against Delirium, with 4.5-volt and Mom's knife I was doing enough damage to fully charge the Book of Belial in 1 charged shot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfc837xa670

Isaac, Magdalene, Cain, Judas, Samson, Azazel, Eden, Lilith and Bethany are done. 9/17 normal characters
And I also full cleared Tainted Lilith because she's braindead easy. 1/17 tainted characters

edit: sadness on floor 1 of that last Judas run

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 12, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The white horse + 4.5 volt is basically a free win on hush and delirium. 4.5 volt is so sick, it might be my favorite new item but there are so many cool ones.

It's a bit less good on delirium because he's teleporting so much but on hush I was just charging back and forth and recharging back to full with every use. I feel like I'm clowning on these two bosses lately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nmwB3LmcDI. Forgotten is really fun, I knew I had no chance of dying so I just went in on him at the end

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Third time ever killing Mother and did it with the mf-ing LOST! Dead Cat Basement 1, Got Chaos on Basement 2 and built huge from there. Immediately rerolled an item to Mutant Spider and then got Mom's Knife same floor. Guppy, Conjoined and Yes, Mother? soon followed. Turns out that the knife upgrades do apply to the one behind you with Mom's Eye. Also I got Strange Attractor as a blind item and would NOT recommend it against Mother.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Trying to finish AB+ on Xbox and God drat it keeper.

Pick up diplopia on B2 in case I actually see the devil deal and I do and it's brimstone! Dead on next level in tiny room after wooden nickel did nothing six times in a row.
Caffeine pill after not getting a single speed up for ten runs (and already slower thanks to small rock)! The free pill is speed down.

gently caress you keeper.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

keeper is actually good and fun to play in the new expansion maggy has recllaimed her place as the worst character once more. thank you antibirth people and not edmund

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Third time ever killing Mother and did it with the mf-ing LOST! Dead Cat Basement 1, Got Chaos on Basement 2 and built huge from there. Immediately rerolled an item to Mutant Spider and then got Mom's Knife same floor. Guppy, Conjoined and Yes, Mother? soon followed. Turns out that the knife upgrades do apply to the one behind you with Mom's Eye. Also I got Strange Attractor as a blind item and would NOT recommend it against Mother.

Yeah strange attractor sucks but on the other hand lodestone kicks rear end. gj

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

keeper is actually good and fun to play in the new expansion maggy has recllaimed her place as the worst character once more. thank you antibirth people and not edmund

Maggy can get 2 angel items on floor 1 with no effort so its not her lol. but who

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Maggy can get 2 angel items on floor 1 with no effort so its not her lol. but who

How

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

If you say a sacrafice room and random chance ill blpw your head off

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aqesome! Breath of life and an angel.room with a single eternal heart and my speed is still .85 for no reason. Ues!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

See you on the other side.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That said she can game the sacrifice rooms pretty well past floor 1 too, Uriel isn't very hard so she can get either 30 pennies which will probably be spent at either a bad shop on hard mode or on a beggar or 7 soul hearts which is ftw

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Played a bunch of isaac today

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just watched bob blow the free win combo of pause and 120 volt by running into item room spikes lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

If you're counting tainted characters then Lazarus has gotta be the worse. Cant think of any situation where his gimmick is an upside

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I forgot lazerus exists

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the shops suck so much in this game and need a revamp lol. also it blows that after you open the red door with the knife it really expects you to do it all again every time instead of permanently opening that door

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

the shops suck so much in this game and need a revamp lol. also it blows that after you open the red door with the knife it really expects you to do it all again every time instead of permanently opening that door

There are a decent amount of items I still really like getting in the shop (BFFs, Hive Mind, the compass, the maps and especially mod spider come to mind) but there's nothing worse than greed showing up on depths 2 or something. If you luck into a tarot cloth and a hermit card you can keep the shop from spawning greed which is nice. There are a bunch of items that mess with the shop at least and some of them even show up there, like the member card that adds a second secret shop with a different pool below the main one. My favorite one is the trinket that turns the shop into one that sells familiars instead. I still go in them pretty much every time on hard mode, I have like 999 coins in the donation machine anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wow when delirium actually stays in his armorless main form for a few seconds it's a drat slaughter

https://streamable.com/11rkpn

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

Theres no reason to play on hard which is what makes all the shops like 2 items

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Theyre still fairly bnce reroll boxes no longer spawn however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just think the shop pool sucks unless you find one of 5 specific things that make them good. idk, have more powerful items show up for a higher price or something, feels like the shop hasnt been touched since rebirth