Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’m going to watch this tonight, I’ve never even heard of this action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MacheteZombie posted:

Double posting to say I watched both the theatrical and director's cut today. Really enjoyed this both times.

I like how the plastic/cloth costuming takes on a dark ages style. Like that one dude obviously looking like a medieval executioner. The costuming is one of the best parts of the movie and the director had a really good eye for framing shots.

if you can check out the director's cut, or at least it's changes to the ending monologue. It's much better than the theatrical. The pacing is a bit smoother with the added run time as well imo.

Where’d you grab it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

THE CARRIER]

timg]https://i.imgur.com/18a5AM6.png[/timg]

For example, there's a scene where a barmaid shows too much sympathy to the outcast - not yet known to be the carrier to begin with - and her possessive boyfriend is so insecure in their relationship that he violently exerts control over her, even as she tells him she's fed up with their relationship. To escape this overbearing man, she touches the red marked tree known to be cursed, and dissolves both of them together.

What did you think of it?

I was struck by how Greek this was, the bar maid’s story is very Rape of Daphne, while the incident with the mirror mashes up narcissus and a more Judeo-Christian-Islamic concept of modesty and vanity. And then obviously the central curse is basically Midas’s touch without the irony. The whole film has a vibe of trying to use Christian and enlightenment frameworks to grapple with a pre-axial terror

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 14, 2021

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

This whipped by the way, my brother in law watched it and he keeps poking his head into my office and going “CATS, OR DEATH” while I’m trying to work