Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Getting Moderna on Friday. State is open to anyone now over the age of 16. What about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I mean I guess fuckit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Getting 2nd pfizer shot tomorrow

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Wife has hers booked she meets criteria in my province, probably won’t be able to get mine till July though it enough anti vaxxers decline it I could get it earlier OP

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Got my first Pfizer shot Monday, wife got hers Tuesday. Everything’s comin’ up Milhouse.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got mine today, it was the one-dose Johnson and Johnson one. I have a condition that puts me at elevated risk but apparently not super high-risk. My wife got her second dose of the Pfizer one at the beginning of March. She's a teacher.

Curious to see if I'll run a fever or anything tomorrow. I tolerate most medicines and vaccines really well but I also have a very fighty immune system (which is why I've got the elevated risk condition in the first place) so my body might flip its poo poo anyway.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Got mine. In three weeks I'll be invincible.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Booked solid for a month in my state. I guess I'll just die.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Will update with my side-effects, if any, including death.

I find it interesting that the Pfizer has 30mcg of vax vs. Moderna having 100mcg, while the 2 have a relatively similar success rate.

Jebediah fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 1, 2021

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Nebraska is basically at the mercy of our governor’s death fetish, so it’s still age 60 and up only. Meanwhile neighboring states have too much and are having vaccination events for anyone.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
*kaff* *Kaff* *wheeze*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlzSd9I7V50

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i find it really shocking that so many people are trying to get vaccinated even after seeing the deadly chaos bill gates has unleashed with his mind control chip powers

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

2nd moderna due on 4/20. we've been talking about everybody's symptoms afterwards in the covid thread, if yall want a big old compendium of goons having weird feels and scratches and stuff. It's really good and it's helped a lot of folks out, I think.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Got the Pfizer. Everyone else in my household got the Moderna. I get my 2nd shot mid April. I'm concerned because I had no reaction at all to my first shot. I don't think my immune system learned anything. I'm really hoping that the 2nd shot does the trick. It won't be the first time I've had to redo vaccinations because my immune system is stupid. Guess I'll know in May after my Dr checks my blood

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Mozi posted:

i find it really shocking that so many people are trying to get vaccinated even after seeing the deadly chaos bill gates has unleashed with his mind control chip powers

I work with computers so I’m hoping the Bill Gates mind control chip makes me better at my job!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Haji posted:

Got the Pfizer. Everyone else in my household got the Moderna. I get my 2nd shot mid April. I'm concerned because I had no reaction at all to my first shot. I don't think my immune system learned anything. I'm really hoping that the 2nd shot does the trick. It won't be the first time I've had to redo vaccinations because my immune system is stupid. Guess I'll know in May after my Dr checks my blood

Did the family have side effects?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Capitalism is so loving insane everyone is talking which flavor vaccine they get. I want to be somewhere better.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've been microchipped since February. Feels good man.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Jebediah posted:

Did the family have side effects?

Yeah. Aching arms and some fatigue

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I want to be somewhere better.

haha yeah right

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

No/Not yet

I’m probably the last person in the whole world who should be getting a shot consider my age, health, contact with outside world etc

Plus I will do nearly anything possible to avoid having to go back to working in my office

Also shot hurtey arm 😢

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
In all seriousness, my mom being convinced to take the vaccine will take some sort of jedi magic. I need her around so, I am slowly perturbing her.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Haji posted:

A lot of people don't get much of a reaction from the first Pfizer shot. I didn't feel anything after the first one. 12 hours after the second one I woke up with a high fever that lasted about 5 hours, then I was more or less back to normal.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Already had the original disease so I'm going to wait for the variant vaccines to roll out.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Zeluth posted:

In all seriousness, my mom being convinced to take the vaccine will take some sort of jedi magic. I need her around so, I am slowly perturbing her.

This. I don't believe there will ever be enough evidence to convince my mom that it's safe. She's going to keep shoving homeopathic poo poo up her nose until there's no more pandemic.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
neg my poz hole fuckers

VA dragging it's feet. meanwhile coworkers in MD showing off.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The only CVSs that have availability in California are in Fresno and its surrounding towns. Shocker.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I got my first Moderna this past Sunday and will get my second on the 25th.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

getting our second load in a couple of weeks. got the share zone vax me now shirt for the occasion.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I have to wait a bit on mine. But I will be getting it so I can spread 5g whenever I go

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Mozi posted:

i asked for my chip to be cooler ranch flavor

gonna get my second pfizer shot later in april

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I've had both and ready for any booster.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's been almost 12 hours since I had my shot and I'm starting to feel a little wrecked. Tonight might be challenging. It all started in the last thirty minutes or so.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm in Australia and I don't qualify for stages 1A or 1B of the vaccine rollout so it'll be a while before I get access, we're taking our sweet time getting around to it

E:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 1, 2021

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

got my first. second at the end of april.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Just got my first shot today :woop:

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Vidmaster posted:

Nebraska is basically at the mercy of our governor’s death fetish, so it’s still age 60 and up only. Meanwhile neighboring states have too much and are having vaccination events for anyone.

Not true friend. Retail pharmacies can vaccinate anyone over 18 (might be 16) if you can find an appointment.

https://www.1011now.com/2021/03/31/every-adult-in-nebraska-can-get-a-covid-vaccine-heres-how/

I got lucky and found some appointments at Hy-Vee this week. Friends have had some luck at Walmarts in smaller towns.

Edit: just want to clarify that the part about Governor Ricketts bring a piece of poo poo is factually correct.

ncumbered_by_idgits fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 1, 2021

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Not true friend. Retail pharmacies can vaccinate anyone over 18 (might be 16) if you can find an appointment.

https://www.1011now.com/2021/03/31/every-adult-in-nebraska-can-get-a-covid-vaccine-heres-how/

I got lucky and found some appointments at Hy-Vee this week. Friends have had some luck at Walmarts in smaller towns.

I work on a reservation. There was a small town that got hit HARD and now they are offering vaccine for anyone too.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i got it and now I'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
still??