Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

rap music posted:

Same but I have slept for roughly 18 hours following the second yesterday

I have a baby, so that is definitely not happening lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

remigious posted:

I have a baby, so that is definitely not happening lol.

Yeah, we are glad our kid will be at daycare for a chunk of tomorrow in case we feel awful.

About 8.5 hours after second Pfizer and I've had Covid previously.

Feeling muscle aches and sore arm, so I took two ibuprofun.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Feeling much better so I wasn't even wiped out for the whole day

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Lazyhound posted:

I got my first dose of AZ last night, now I see the US has approved export of more mRNA vaccines to Canada. I’m going to be bummed if, like, I missed the better vaccine boat by 1-2 weeks instead of the projected 4-6 weeks that I based my decision on.

Three days. I missed it by three days.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I believe in science.

I only eat fully vaccinated rear end.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I got dose 2 of Pfizer on Sunday, felt blargh on Monday, then 100% better Tuesday... but then today had to take the day off because I felt fatigue and headache again. Could be Pfizer related, could be "my infant daughter has a runny nose this week and she gave me a cold" though.

Is a "day after effects > ahhh thats better > oh no!!!" thing a common thing?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I got through today with just fatigue and aches, but now I seem to actually be running a fever. I checked a couple times today and was running about normal, now I'm at about 100 F/ 38 C, and feel hot but also chilly. Weird, I thought this poo poo was supposed to hit right away.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday at around 3pm ET, felt fine when I went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night due to arm pain (10x worse than the first shot IMO, can hardly raise it), went back to sleep.

Now this morning my arm still hurts, and my head feels...weird. Like it takes a few extra microseconds for me to process something. I'm not even sure if this is real or psychosomatic, because I spent the last hours before bed yesterday leisurely reading through descriptions of random people's side effects. No fever though. Also feel tired, but that's probably because I didn't sleep all that well last night.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

In my state, literally anybody can go in and get stuck. I've come to the conclusion that the argument for Not Getting the vaccine (in my state, access sucks in other places, I know) kind breaks down into this:

A. Side effects.
B. I have actual health problems that prevent me from getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
C. crazy people poo poo

For A, I'd say that this argument is facetious. COVID-19 is definitely, without a doubt, worse than any side effects that the vaccine will give you. The long term neurological and cardiovascular implications that are just starting to play out Do Not Look Fun. "What about blood clots?!" yes, the several people in literally millons who have died are actually pretty run of the mill for most vaccines. "What about getting sick after getting the vaccine" again, we're talking just shy of 5k cases in 150 million people. Even on the loving long shot that you got sick after getting vaccinated, getting vaccinated almost definitely will help you. The argument basically breaks down to "my unease around a rapidly developed vaccine justifies my decision to continue endangering other unvaccinated people".

For B, that fukken sucks mang. And for C, gently caress you nazi loving pig piece of poo poo.

And it doesn't help that the media is amplifying this narrative with endless loving reports on "Utah woman takes COVID vaccine, dies!" like everyone who gets a shot is playing Russian roulette, and not a vanishingly rare part of any vaccination program. On top of that, we have a political party who's basically a loving chaos cult from WH40k but considerably more lame and tiring, preaching utterly insane nonsense to a pack of racist morons.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I'm scheduled to get my first jab on may 29th, Canada's lagging behind. I'm jealous of ya'll double-jabbed tuggers.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Akarshi posted:

Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday at around 3pm ET, felt fine when I went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night due to arm pain (10x worse than the first shot IMO, can hardly raise it), went back to sleep.

Now this morning my arm still hurts, and my head feels...weird. Like it takes a few extra microseconds for me to process something. I'm not even sure if this is real or psychosomatic, because I spent the last hours before bed yesterday leisurely reading through descriptions of random people's side effects. No fever though. Also feel tired, but that's probably because I didn't sleep all that well last night.

Same. With the weird head feeling. I feel almost dizzy? It’s hard to explain. And yeah, really fatigued too :(

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SgtScruffy posted:

I got dose 2 of Pfizer on Sunday, felt blargh on Monday, then 100% better Tuesday... but then today had to take the day off because I felt fatigue and headache again. Could be Pfizer related, could be "my infant daughter has a runny nose this week and she gave me a cold" though.

I got Pfizer 2 on a Sunday and my blahs peaked Wed-Fri.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Still waiting on my second dose [Pfizer], but three days after my first I was ridiculously tired all afternoon. Real sore arm as well.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

SgtScruffy posted:

for my 1st moderna shot i had no side effects besides a really sore arm until four days after when i got uncontrollable shivers/shakes in my legs for like an hour (no fever though)

the 2nd shot kicked my rear end just 6 hours after taking it but i got thru it all within 2 days. four days after that the lymph nodes near my arm pits were swollen for a day and a half. so yeah weird (innocuous in my case) poo poo can happen i guess

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

SgtScruffy posted:

I felt fine the Thursday I received my 2nd Pfizer shot, same Friday. Saturday I woke up at 8AM, felt a little sleepy and next time I woke up it was 5:13PM. So, your mileage may vary.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Just got my first Pfizer shot sitting in the 15 min waiting room and my right arm keeps twitching and trying to jerk me off

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
I had my second pfizer shot 7 days ago and had zero side effects. My arm wasn't even sore, even though it was sore after the first one. So by score of 1-0 in side effects, first shot was worse for me

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
We're all recovered now, my wife had it a bit worse yesterday, the day after, but she woke up today feeling fine.

I never had much beyond some muscle ache which I took ibuprofen every 6 or 7 hours to combat.

Man shaped tumor
Aug 29, 2020
The way I felt after my second moderna shot was indistinguishable from a hangover. Also, I celebrated my second shot by drinking way too much whiskey, so I'll never know the culprit.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Man shaped tumor posted:

The way I felt after my second moderna shot was indistinguishable from a hangover. Also, I celebrated my second shot by drinking way too much whiskey, so I'll never know the culprit.

I did the same thing but waited 24 hours after my second injection. :cheers:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Got my second Pfizer yesterday after feeling nothing for my first. Have had a pounding migraine all day and the feeling of a 5/10 flu. Annoying but bearable.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday, and aside from some soreness in my arm, I'm feeling fine. With the first shot, I conked out after I got back home, woke up long enough to eat dinner then passed right back out.

I'm also the envy of my family and boyfriend because they gave me an 'I got vaccinated from Covid-19' sticker after giving me the shot, and none of them got one :coal:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Haha I got 2 different covid vax stickers. The second one is kinda lame looking though. It's square with light green words and with a tiny image that looks like it came from Microsoft clip art.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Major vaccine envy that Americans are getting their shots so close together. In Canada people 30 and up can get shots next week but the second dose is delayed for supply reasons for about 4 months. So even though the community spread will go down and I’ll be mostly immune after the first, I won’t feel totally secure living life as normal until late August/early September.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Haha I got 2 different covid vax stickers. The second one is kinda lame looking though. It's square with light green words and with a tiny image that looks like it came from Microsoft clip art.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

A Festivus Miracle posted:

In my state, literally anybody can go in and get stuck. I've come to the conclusion that the argument for Not Getting the vaccine (in my state, access sucks in other places, I know) kind breaks down into this:

A. Side effects.
B. I have actual health problems that prevent me from getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
C. crazy people poo poo

For A, I'd say that this argument is facetious. COVID-19 is definitely, without a doubt, worse than any side effects that the vaccine will give you. The long term neurological and cardiovascular implications that are just starting to play out Do Not Look Fun. "What about blood clots?!" yes, the several people in literally millons who have died are actually pretty run of the mill for most vaccines. "What about getting sick after getting the vaccine" again, we're talking just shy of 5k cases in 150 million people. Even on the loving long shot that you got sick after getting vaccinated, getting vaccinated almost definitely will help you. The argument basically breaks down to "my unease around a rapidly developed vaccine justifies my decision to continue endangering other unvaccinated people".

For B, that fukken sucks mang. And for C, gently caress you nazi loving pig piece of poo poo.

And it doesn't help that the media is amplifying this narrative with endless loving reports on "Utah woman takes COVID vaccine, dies!" like everyone who gets a shot is playing Russian roulette, and not a vanishingly rare part of any vaccination program. On top of that, we have a political party who's basically a loving chaos cult from WH40k but considerably more lame and tiring, preaching utterly insane nonsense to a pack of racist morons.

This thread is the best argument for not getting the vaccine I have ever come across

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

well the second best argument. the first best is the fact that there's no such thing as "the vaccine." if it were all such easy, established science that I'd be foolish to question, you'd think there wouldn't be such wild differences between all of them

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It's a testament to modern science and genius' busting their asses to try to save lives but it's a very young virus in both relative and actual terms. You can't really (at least honestly) say that you know what will happen in one year or five years or 15 years. It hasn't existing long enough to be tested that extensively.

Still, trust science over moronic trolls.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I’m considering ordering these…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0925LJD91/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A2JTLRX5TK84AO&psc=1

But then I looked at the reviews and I guess it might be misprinted as “COVID 9”.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ I wouldn't pay for a special thing especially if it says "covid-9" - I just like free things so I like the stickers!

Correction: it is orange rather than green. And it is round once peeled off but still Microsoft clip art. - I learned that if if I twist my nipple rings I can change the am channel to KYW 1060.

Edit: Still have to wait the 2 weeks for 5G but dealing with AM radio in my teeth at the moment.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 9, 2021

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

A Festivus Miracle posted:

A. Side effects.
C. crazy people poo poo

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

well the second best argument. the first best is the fact that there's no such thing as "the vaccine." if it were all such easy, established science that I'd be foolish to question, you'd think there wouldn't be such wild differences between all of them

Okay, we get it. He should have had a fourth category to include you:

D. Incredibly dumb people.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I just found out that a cousin of mine died this week due to Covid. He had his first shot but was rushed to the IR a week ago and passed at home because Michigan's IR's suck for ventilators and being overwhelmed. Get both of your shots, please.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm feeling pretty good today. I have some diarrhea but I'd be more concerned if I didnt have it

naem
May 29, 2011

12 hours post pfpfpfizer two, mild arm pain, like a vigorous round of Punch Buggy where there were like a lot of VW’s out there

so far so good

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
"I can't help but be suspicious after finding out you have two different models of sedan on the lot. Care to explain?"
-a very smart person buying a car :iiaca:

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Got my 2nd Moderna dose about 20 hours ago. Felt ok aside from a sore arm until 12 hours later. Woke up feeling like I got crushed by something, skin hurts to touch, joints ache,, shaking from chills and about a 101f temperature. About two hours later the chills turned to a heatwave then back at about that same interval. I'd like to sleep but keep having strange images/dreams and hurt too much.

I had no issues with the first dose other than a sore arm, which flu shots do, too. I'm happy to have this, though, if it prevents full blown covid 19, respiratory issues and especially spreading it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

About 24 hours past my second Pfizer and I basically feel like I have a hangover and I slept on the floor. But I got weed so it's fine.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the headache from my second Pfizer turned into this pounding, sharp abomination. Like knives in my sinuses, while running about a 100-101 fever.

Then in the span of like ten minutes last night, my body apparently decided to drench itself in sweat and I felt 95% better.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

What the hell do you think science means lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I am holding off til it get fully fda approved.