Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Felt like I was going to die for like an hour last night, now the chills/fever are completely gone and the pain is 90% gone. Still calling off work today because I am just insanely tired right now.

To recap, my experience with J&J is being fine for 12 hours, experiencing an entire flu over 24 hours, then okay but tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
even after second shot. no symptoms.

i attribute it to wanting it more. leaving it all on the court. and at the end of the day, hustle.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I should add that last year I either got covid or a sort of nasty flu, and if it was the flu I've definitely been exposed to covid because of working with the general public.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I got the first Moderna dose and it flattened me pretty good for about 2 days. Felt like I had a mild, 101-ish fever but my temperature was actually right around normal. People have been telling me the second shot is worse so that should be fun.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Heath posted:

You gotta start doing stretches right away. I was doing shoulder rolls in the waiting room and probably looked insane

Dude it’s it. It’s the key. I just woke up on day two and my arm feels the same as when I went to bed. I was even able to sleep on it throughout the night. It definitely still hurts but I can actually use it and do poo poo like dress myself. Totally night and day from my experience with shot one.

Problem now is that my allergies have my eyes and nose in hell world while the headache and fatigue are kicking in, today is gonna be a couch day.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Head Bee Guy posted:

even after second shot. no symptoms.

i attribute it to wanting it more. leaving it all on the court. and at the end of the day, hustle.

No symptoms club, woo

Selling my blood to science for 3.50 a pint and some tgi Fridays gift cards, the line starts now

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You can't say selling your blood to science, that's illegal. You are donating your blood and the TGI Friday gift cards are an incidental gift for your time.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

zedprime posted:

You can't say selling your blood to science, that's illegal. You are donating your blood and the TGI Friday gift cards are an incidental gift for your time.

Also FYI the only fluid they take for donation is blood. Got yelled at for that one.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
and get this, when i tried to make it easy for them and came in with a pre-filled bucket they acted like I was the weirdo!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
i looked up the lot they used and then i learned the janssen shot is 50 doses per box, and they haven't finished it yet. something kind of cool knowing 49 other people are getting some sweet sweet adeno lovin' too. brings a tear to your eye.

also explained the sniffles/stuffy nose i had for a few hours.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's one big syringe they reuse 50 times. the practitioner giving the shot is responsible for pushing the plunger exactly 1/50th of the way in each patient's arm.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

it's one big syringe they reuse 50 times. the practitioner giving the shot is responsible for pushing the plunger exactly 1/50th of the way in each patient's arm.

This makes it a real pain to portion out the nanobots.

Sometimes I think this massive global conspiracy is more trouble than it’s worth, tbqh.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

well they gotta shake before use. nanobots are suspended in vaccine like pulp in orange juice.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Just finishing up the waiting period for Pfizer first dose! Happy and excited to have begun the process. Hardly felt a drat thing getting the shot but it ain't my first rodeo.

Really hoping I don't get sick, I hate being sick. Worth it regardless of course but I got work today and tomorrow

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Finishing the waiting period for my J&J dose. That injection's a really unique feeling

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

canadian here just got my first dose (red/strawberry) and going to wait a few weeks for the second dose (blue/blueberry)

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Got my first Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. Arm was sore pretty bad; mostly better today. Tired as gently caress, slept thirteen hours, on my way in to work now, will see how it goes

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Got my first shot yesterday morning. Felt fine all day. Only noticeable symptoms was a slight soreness and tenderness in my upper arm.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just got Pfizer #1. I am feeling extra microchippy but other than that I feel fine.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
got J+J couple days ago. felt pretty normal the day-of with a slight headache. the next day I had a stronger headache and quite a bit of fatigue, I eventually caved in and just slept the whole day and night and feel fine now. Felt most similar to a low-grade fever.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

th3t00t posted:

How far are people traveling to get their shots? There's nothing available within 100 miles for me.

Over 100 miles for my first shot. Second will be 3 miles from home.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I just got diagnosed with COVID. There isn't a point to getting the vax now, is there? Or at least during the next few weeks?

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
I got my second shot a few hours ago (moderna) and am already feeling very tired. outlook not good. more than likely not gonna work tomorrow just because

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Floodixor posted:

I just got diagnosed with COVID. There isn't a point to getting the vax now, is there? Or at least during the next few weeks?

No. They actually ask you if you have tested positive in the last 2 weeks and won’t administer the vaccine if you say yes.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Got my 1st Pfizer shot on Monday and have been terrified since then that I might have caught COVID at the vaccine clinic, despite everyone wearing masks and me not having any symptoms, because I truly have not been in a large indoor full of people since January 2020 and all my socializing has withered away so I'm just full paranoid monkey mode.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I kinda feel low key drunk. Not a perfect comparison, but my brain is foggy, thinking slowed and also kinda prone to giddiness for some reason. Also more tired than I should be but that's fully expected.

Curious if anyone else felt like that

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

paranoid monkey mode would be a great user name.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
First Moderna yesterday. Arm was fine for like 3 hours, then the pain kicked in. Same kind of soreness I always get from TDap. Still that same kind of sore.

The big this is all morning I've had the feeling of a low grade fever: low back and upper leg pain followed by alternating hot and chills. Feeling alright now, just definitely fatigued.

Husband gets J&J next week so I'm curious how that goes for him

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Like I said, those of you who are yet to get a first or second shot, start doing full rotation windmills and shoulder rolls within seconds of getting the shot and just keep it going the whole time you're in observation. It will mitigate a lot of the arm pain. Doing the stretches any later won't do anything.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Australia has halted the AZ vaccine for under 50s. We have to wait for phizer now.

It's a better vaccine, but waiting sucks.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Heath posted:

Like I said, those of you who are yet to get a first or second shot, start doing full rotation windmills and shoulder rolls within seconds of getting the shot and just keep it going the whole time you're in observation. It will mitigate a lot of the arm pain. Doing the stretches any later won't do anything.

Can and will constantly back this up. My pain for shot 1 was insane. Tried this for shot 2 and it hurt for less than 24hrs. I have to poke the injection site to feel it now.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Days later and my upper arm is still sore, that was one hell of a shot. That said, I read this morning that 15 million doses of J&J just got botched so I'm feeling pretty lucky to have it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

HellOnEarth posted:

Got my 1st Pfizer shot on Monday and have been terrified since then that I might have caught COVID at the vaccine clinic, despite everyone wearing masks and me not having any symptoms, because I truly have not been in a large indoor full of people since January 2020 and all my socializing has withered away so I'm just full paranoid monkey mode.

I’m a pretty relaxed guy and I was absolutely not expecting the weird waves of anxiety I experienced today being in a public place for the first time in over a year.

Play posted:

I kinda feel low key drunk. Not a perfect comparison, but my brain is foggy, thinking slowed and also kinda prone to giddiness for some reason. Also more tired than I should be but that's fully expected.

This is exactly how I feel right now at +4 hours after shot 1. Kinda “floaty” and out of it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 8, 2021

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
The erowid page on this poo poo is loving wild poo poo

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

yoloer420 posted:

Australia has halted the AZ vaccine for under 50s. We have to wait for phizer now.

It's a better vaccine, but waiting sucks.

We have a large amount of Novavax on order but we're not due to start receiving that until mid-year. When the rest of our Pfizer doses and the Novavax actually arrive will probably depend on how much competition there is to secure them given there are now a number of countries who'll no longer be using AZ for the majority of their population.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Apart from the first hour and a half after the J&J injection, I feel totally normal. Pretty sure it was just anxiety. I'm just tired as gently caress now.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Oh Don Piano posted:

The erowid page on this poo poo is loving wild poo poo

Woooow there’s a name I haven’t heard in a minute.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Play posted:

That was me all day today

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Day 2 of shot 2 of the Pfizer vaccine and feel OK when I'm not exerting myself. I was outside with my chainsaw cutting and moving some limbs and got tired very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Myself and a coworker got completely wiped out tired from the Pfizer one for a day or two after the first dose. Second one was minor chills. We got them within a day of each other.