Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I got my first pfizer today around 8 hours ago, no side effects to speak of so far, I stretched my arm a bunch right after injection and I did have actual Covid a few weeks ago. So far, so good, I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Rolo posted:

We need a Pfizer gang tag. The vaccination thread is not partisan enough.

Can't wait for the pogroms!! Let me know when it's time okay

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Mourne posted:

Has anyone else who got Pfizer been having extremely vivid dreams? I usually don’t dream much, but ever since my first jab I’ve been having long, intense, vivid dreams during the night.

I mean, it’s not a big deal but it sure seems like a very unusual side effect.

lol yes. Had a dream I was on trial in an actual court room for, and I quote, “ making a spectacle of myself at work.”

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

moderna will give you that dark dreamless abyss like sleep. proof that it's the superior 2 piece vaccine. pfizer is such a bitch rear end vaccine

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
it feels so good to have a stranger spit into my mouth again

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Hell Yeah posted:

moderna will give you that dark dreamless abyss like sleep. proof that it's the superior 2 piece vaccine. pfizer is such a bitch rear end vaccine

Do not listen to this person they are trying to steal your essence.

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Hell Yeah posted:

Pffft.

Pfizer is clearly the superior vaccine. Instead of that Moderna garbage you could just wear a trash bag out in public. Probably gives you the same protection, too.

Congrats on your wastewater clot juice, I guess.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the p in pfizer stands for piss thats' what the vaccine is lol

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Pfizer is stored in my balls where it’s supposed to be god drat it

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Hell Yeah posted:

the p in pfizer stands for piss thats' what the vaccine is lol

Thank you for playing along.

I’d like to just take a moment and D&D out here by saying that I am extremely grateful to have been able to be vaccinated.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are highly effective and very safe.

And I want to thank you, as one stranger on the internet to another, for getting vaccinated.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Got my first Moderna (the King of Vaccines) about six hours ago, no side effects so far aside from feeling a little tired and taking a nap.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Mourne posted:

Thank you for playing along.

I’d like to just take a moment and D&D out here by saying that I am extremely grateful to have been able to be vaccinated.

Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are highly effective and very safe.

And I want to thank you, as one stranger on the internet to another, for getting vaccinated.

this weak and conciliatory post is a perfect example of pfizer-think

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot today, and didn't have to drive 80 miles round trip!(Only 48, sigh.) For some reason my digital thermometer is now reading in Celsius. Should I turn myself in to the local sheriff if my banking app starts reading in rubles and my ringtone changes? I think it's because CVS gave me a red sticker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCTrNb4uC-Y

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!
Goddamn that 2nd shot of moderna wiped me out from about 2-11AM, glad I took pto last night.

Graedyn
Feb 21, 2009

Wedge Regret
Moderna here. Got my first shot on March 5 and had little to know side effects with the exception of the sore arm--maybe was a little more tired over the next couple of days. I don't know if that was related to the vaccine or a result of a week of overtime, though.

Got my second shot on April 2 at 10:15--in and out in about 20 minutes counting the 15-minute wellness wait. Other than the arm soreness that showed up over the next 3-4 hours, I felt fine...that is, until I woke up about 2:30AM. My sinuses were completely swelled shut, my throat was dry and sore (no doubt from having to breathe through my mouth), and I ached from head to foot. Every muscle, bone, tendon, ligament, and hair follicle hurt like I'd been run over. I think I had a fever but I didn't have the energy to find my thermometer. I spent the next 24 hours napping fitfully between taking ibuprofen and drinking Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Flu or Theraflu. Every hour, the aching seemed to get worse.

At about 2:00 Sunday morning, I woke up feeling like I was burning up so I finally fought through the aching and fetched my thermometer--102 degrees (my normal temp is 97.9). I took two more ibuprofen and went back to bed. Woke up 4 hours later, and every symptom was gone. It was like I had never been sick, like a switch was thrown. I had a bit of tiredness for the next 3-4 days but that was tolerable.

Now, I hadn't had the flu since I was 16 years old (longer ago than I care to acknowledge) and I knew that it came with aches but I didn't remember just how bad they could be. I seriously can't understand why someone would voluntarily open themselves up to the risk of catching this plague. Seriously, I could barely handle 24 hours of this--I don't know how I would have made it through Covid. You can bet that I'll be in line to get any boosters for mutations this vaccine may not cover.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I heard that Pfizer contains trace amounts of precious metals and Moderna is something a bad person spit in

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I heard that Pfizer contains trace amounts of precious metals and Moderna is something a bad person spit in

Why do you think I signed up for Moderna?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

I can confirm that bad person spit was on the ingredient spec sheet they gave me for Moderna in case I had allergies to it

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Ah so that's why my cum is sparkling silver and gold. I wonder if I can pawn it. I want it back though so I don't want to sell. I should ask LAN if they know of any shops that take Pfizer cum.

Anyway 48 hours after first shot and I feel better than from a flu shot, just the second dose to worry about now.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Graedyn posted:

Moderna here. Got my first shot on March 5 and had little to know side effects with the exception of the sore arm--maybe was a little more tired over the next couple of days. I don't know if that was related to the vaccine or a result of a week of overtime, though.

Got my second shot on April 2 at 10:15--in and out in about 20 minutes counting the 15-minute wellness wait. Other than the arm soreness that showed up over the next 3-4 hours, I felt fine...that is, until I woke up about 2:30AM. My sinuses were completely swelled shut, my throat was dry and sore (no doubt from having to breathe through my mouth), and I ached from head to foot. Every muscle, bone, tendon, ligament, and hair follicle hurt like I'd been run over. I think I had a fever but I didn't have the energy to find my thermometer. I spent the next 24 hours napping fitfully between taking ibuprofen and drinking Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold and Flu or Theraflu. Every hour, the aching seemed to get worse.

At about 2:00 Sunday morning, I woke up feeling like I was burning up so I finally fought through the aching and fetched my thermometer--102 degrees (my normal temp is 97.9). I took two more ibuprofen and went back to bed. Woke up 4 hours later, and every symptom was gone. It was like I had never been sick, like a switch was thrown. I had a bit of tiredness for the next 3-4 days but that was tolerable.

Now, I hadn't had the flu since I was 16 years old (longer ago than I care to acknowledge) and I knew that it came with aches but I didn't remember just how bad they could be. I seriously can't understand why someone would voluntarily open themselves up to the risk of catching this plague. Seriously, I could barely handle 24 hours of this--I don't know how I would have made it through Covid. You can bet that I'll be in line to get any boosters for mutations this vaccine may not cover.

This has me worried that my second Pfizer is going to demolish me because the first besides a sore arm hasn't been too bothersome. I did have actual Covid a bit earlier, and just mainly had a dry cough and lost my sense of smell, so fingers crossed the second vaccine won't give me new symptoms the actual infection didn't!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Graedyn posted:

Yeah, I had a similar experience with my 2nd dose on Thursday, though probably not as bad as yours. Felt fine from first shot, fine from second until midnight or so and then BAM the shivers came and I felt like I had the flu for the next day. Still felt a little off this morning but not near as bad. It took a lot of weed and ibuprofen to feel alright yesterday

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

I know I said I want a single shot vaccination, but free ruthenium does sound tempting...

naem
May 29, 2011

TEAM PHHPHPPHPHHP

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Welcome to the cool side. Ignore the moderna crew they’re jerks.

naem
May 29, 2011

MUST PURCHASE BIONTECH STOCK

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

naem posted:

MUST PURCHASE BIONTECH STOCK

vax is workin

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

got my first dose of Pfizer on monday, was fine except for a sore arm and compulsively replacing all my foodstuffs with insect larvae and soy

did anyone else do it at a drive through site? they wrote all kinds of illuminati symbols on my windshield. directly next to me in the doubled-up line was a sketchy looking redneck guy in a $19.95 U-haul rental van and for the entire hour+ in line I was wondering if he was going to do an oklahoma city when we got to the administration site

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

d0s posted:

got my first dose of Pfizer on monday, was fine except for a sore arm and compulsively replacing all my foodstuffs with insect larvae and soy

did anyone else do it at a drive through site? they wrote all kinds of illuminati symbols on my windshield. directly next to me in the doubled-up line was a sketchy looking redneck guy in a $19.95 U-haul rental van and for the entire hour+ in line I was wondering if he was going to do an oklahoma city when we got to the administration site

I volunteered and wrote poo poo on peoples windshields for 8 and a half hours at a drive thru vaccine site.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I heard that the way the Pfizer vaccine was manufactured was they got a group of people who never did anything petty or cruel in their lives to sit in a room and think as hard as they could about their loved ones. And the way the Moderna vaccine was manufactured was by getting a guy who takes up three spaces when he parks to boil down some expired baked beans for weeks or months until they were almost nothing at all

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

d0s posted:

My first vaccine was at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, 2nd day of mass vaccinations of anyone 16 or older. There had to be over a dozen lanes and I went through at least as many volunteers checking off my information and adding to my windshield. The last part they had two separate volunteers/lines ask me about any symptoms and then scheduled me for the 2nd vaccine. Sadly the last volunteer who checked me out of the queue wiped away the vax tags. I wanted to be a cool kid. :(

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I finally found a place giving J&J's and was scheduled to get the shot the day after the clotting news broke and they pulled it, now I'm back to square one. Where am I gonna find that jungle johnson now? I gotta get at that juicy janssen c'mon baby give it to me put it right in my veins

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

For whatever reason, I had side effects from the Pfizer vaccine for a good three weeks. I got tested for Covid and got bloodwork done, thinking that I had caught the virus in the vaccination waiting room or something. Ended up testing negative and my blood results came back fine. I feel 100% better now but vivid dreams, headaches, weird chest-tightness and random pains around my ribcage were really worrisome and had dreaded that they wouldn't go away. It ended on a crescendo of non-stop making GBS threads for 24 hours but everything is good now.

Bring on the second dose.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

So Pfizer will make you contractually obligated to do a capitalist's bidding on pain of being charged with larceny and Moderna is the vaccine of the people ("bad" having been defined by the people who own Pfizer, clearly)? Glad I got Moderna then!

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pfizer 2nd shot crew checking in (moderna? More like, moDUMMIES amirite?) I had less arm soreness than the first shot but woke up around midnight because of severe muscle and joint pain and wasn’t able to fall back asleep. The original plan was to avoid pain meds in case it made vaccination less effective but I broke around 7 am and took ibuprofen.

Wife had her second shot Friday but aside from feeling slightly odd and taking a nap Saturday afternoon, she was fine

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I got a really bad head ache today and vomited. But I think that is from the handle of vodka last night.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Mourne posted:

Has anyone else who got Pfizer been having extremely vivid dreams? I usually don’t dream much, but ever since my first jab I’ve been having long, intense, vivid dreams during the night.

I mean, it’s not a big deal but it sure seems like a very unusual side effect.

https://bestlifeonline.com/covid-vaccine-dreams-news/

Lots of articles online covering this topic. I guess it has something to do with your immune system but yeah seems weird

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah I couldn't respond before about vivid dreams but now that I had the first shot, no vivid dreams but I have been going into a deeper sleep that my alarm clock doesn't wake me up.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

best bale posted:

(moderna? More like, moDUMMIES amirite?)

gently caress, I'm owned :vince:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just got my 2nd pfizer dose. Will give update next day unless the LTE chip gives me a stroke.

I forgot to bring my first vaccine card but thankfully they were able to look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNAmage
Oct 8, 2005

Occult Scientist
Cannot turn to attack.
He mixes biotech and sorcery with sinister results

Graedyn posted:

It's crazy how variable the second shot symptoms can be. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I got my second shot on the 16th. Had a 101.4 fever overnight, headache, mild body aches, and mild fatigue the next day. The next day I was fine.