Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Getting Moderna on Friday. State is open to anyone now over the age of 16. What about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Will update with my side-effects, if any, including death.

I find it interesting that the Pfizer has 30mcg of vax vs. Moderna having 100mcg, while the 2 have a relatively similar success rate.

Jebediah fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 1, 2021

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Haji posted:

Got the Pfizer. Everyone else in my household got the Moderna. I get my 2nd shot mid April. I'm concerned because I had no reaction at all to my first shot. I don't think my immune system learned anything. I'm really hoping that the 2nd shot does the trick. It won't be the first time I've had to redo vaccinations because my immune system is stupid. Guess I'll know in May after my Dr checks my blood

Did the family have side effects?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Zeluth posted:

In all seriousness, my mom being convinced to take the vaccine will take some sort of jedi magic. I need her around so, I am slowly perturbing her.

This. I don't believe there will ever be enough evidence to convince my mom that it's safe. She's going to keep shoving homeopathic poo poo up her nose until there's no more pandemic.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Grandparents-in-law both got theirs. Grandma is a cancer survivor. Both have had their double doses are doing great!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

i did think it was weird that the doctor was warming up my vaccine in a metal spoon though

Do you feel yourself wanting more of those sweet sweet antibodies? If so, that was probably black tar heroin. My conservative family says it's just as effective.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What is the purpose for having me enter in my insurance info, if the vaccine is free? We scheduled through CVS if that matters. Just curious if it's for Bill Gates to masturbate to or not.

Vaccine day! 4:45pm ET. The plan is to go in, present arms, suck Moderna's dick, then spend the weekend with superior 5G cell coverage.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
2 hours and nothing yet for side effects. Honestly feel a little like Goku.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Fatigue was the only side effect over the weekend. Shot Friday at 5pm, arm sore Saturday morning, fatigue set in Saturday afternoon, lots of fatigue Sunday, and all better on Monday.
Wife had the same reaction, but with more arm soreness at the injection site.

Super excited for shot 2!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I asked my mom if she had gotten vaccinated yet.

Turns out Bill Gates and the other oligarchs are in a conspiracy to lower the population to reduce climate change.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Pfizer Pfriend repfort: She got her 2nd dose and went on a 4 mile hike with her dog. No sympftoms for her on either shot.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
J&J vaccine might get halted for use. 6 people developed rare but serious blood clots.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Moderna has more of that good good in it.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Aren't there always some fraction of a % of complications with any vaccine?

Second Shot Saturday incoming!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
5 hours post Moderna 2 Electric Boogaloo. Everything is fine. Arm is a tiny bit sore at the injection site.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Jebediah posted:

5 hours post Moderna 2 Electric Boogaloo. Everything is fine. Arm is a tiny bit sore at the injection site.

20 hours post Moderna 2, sore all over like I just built a deck. Arm site injection more sore. All is manageable with tylenol and advil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Jebediah posted:

20 hours post Moderna 2, sore all over like I just built a deck. Arm site injection more sore. All is manageable with tylenol and advil.

At about 25 hours post Moderna 2, I got hit by a Moderna transport truck. Low grade fever, chills, sore all over. I couldn't even play my favorite BR, Warzone! Popped more tylenol and advil and slept at the peak of feeling awful.

Not even 2 hours later, I woke up feeling like none of that ever happened.