Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got mine today, it was the one-dose Johnson and Johnson one. I have a condition that puts me at elevated risk but apparently not super high-risk. My wife got her second dose of the Pfizer one at the beginning of March. She's a teacher.

Curious to see if I'll run a fever or anything tomorrow. I tolerate most medicines and vaccines really well but I also have a very fighty immune system (which is why I've got the elevated risk condition in the first place) so my body might flip its poo poo anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's been almost 12 hours since I had my shot and I'm starting to feel a little wrecked. Tonight might be challenging. It all started in the last thirty minutes or so.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They only need like 70-80% to get the vax for the herd immunity, I'll let all you suckers get microchipped :smug:

Posted from my iPhone.

*heads over to YouTube to find it recommending dozens of videos about a topic he was discussing with a friend in his car the other day*

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Anybody got the J&J vaccine? I'm scheduled for the 8th, but kind of giving it second thoughts and thinking maybe I should try to get a Pfizer one.

I got it last week. My injection was done at 9:40 AM on the 31st. By 8 PM on the 31st I wasn't feeling so hot. By 10 PM I was feeling like rear end and went to bed expecting to be running a 'shivering so bad I'm covered in sweat and can't even move' fever. Instead I just had a low fever all night, some sweat but no shivers. Felt a little better the next day, a lot better the next night.

So for me it wasn't that bad. If we lived in a normal timeline and I had to physically go in to work I could have still done it even with this thing riling up my immune system.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I was told to consider getting my card laminated and to treat it the same way I treat my passport and other essential documents.

Fuckin' Mark of the Beast.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I kind of like fevers with really bad chills cuz I feel like I think and perceive things much more clearly when I feel like I'm dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Guys covid vaccines were supposed to bring us back together not drive us apart.