Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
neg my poz hole fuckers

VA dragging it's feet. meanwhile coworkers in MD showing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
still??

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
why engage

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Trials have only been going on for that long, the vaccine lasts as long as the trials allow it to so far

(why engage)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
alright, finally got my 1st prick shehdueled for sunday

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Oh Don Piano posted:

The erowid page on this poo poo is loving wild poo poo

I thought erowid was for stuff that gets you high. does this get you high? are kids STEALING VACCINE and INJECTING IT RECREATIONALLY asking for a reporter friend

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
got my first Puh-fizer this morning and major props to all the volunteers, that was the smoothest I've seen a huge line of people move. In and out inside of 25 minutes and that includes the 15 minute 'waiting to see if your balls fly off' period. I parked on the wrong side of the mall and instead of driving back around I decided it's a nice day, why not walk. Well that hill that looked like a shortcut was actually very slippery and I took a nice tumble and ended up covered in mud, and i was still pretty cheery waiting my turn. No soreness but the nanobytes are definitely in there, cant wait for 2nd dose and join the 5g network to destroy christmas & the bible

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

you people that got the pfizer vaccine suck. you made a mistake bro. should have got moderna cause it's cool

bvitch we ride or die that pfizer life ~ vaccine gang war lets go

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Man you guys and these side effects. My first puh-fizer did keep me up for two days straight. Vivid dreams and so, forth - but that could be psychosomatic. Get my 2nd next week I expect to drop dead after 5 steps like kill bill.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Internetjack posted:

Are people having to pay for their shot?

Here in Idaho they ask for insurance info. Before my first shot I called first and said, "I have none, what will it cost me?". That was a-okay. "Nothing." They could re-coup about 50 cents per shot from the insurer if a person had one, but was otherwise not required to get the shot at all.

2nd Phyzer due in about 9 days. yay!

Edit: the same health district also wanted to know where you were employed. After asking the answer was that they only wanted to know in order to prioritize if you were front-line, responder type of job.

Shots are free and they aren't supposed to require any health insurance info -- some places have anyway. I wonder if there will be some sort of action on these places down the road -- purely on my results from searching for weeks, local pharmacies seemed to require more info including insurance for no discernible or legitimate reason.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
so he threw up on his sheep what are you better then him

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I had everything lined up to get my second puh-fuckin puh-fizer today and they ran out or whatever so now i gotta go tomorrow and it fucks up all my week for the days I was going to remote I had this all planned out re: meetings and other dumb ultimately pointless poo poo that still is a pain in the rear end. Dick heads in virginia. jerks. butts.

(the dude who helped me on the phone was nice though thank you phone dude)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I figured people were joking about the 2nd needle being bigger, and maybe they were, but it did feel bigger. Usually never feel needles or injections but that I did. (not that this would be any reason to hesitate getting it, it was still just a little pinch!)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
About 24 hours after the 2nd pfizer and feeling fine. woke up at 4 with one of those headaches where just moving your head hurts like hell. So i took the day off and slept until about noon and things seem ok.

I expect the soreness lingers a while but as long as nobody punches me right on my vax hole who cares.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Haha I got 2 different covid vax stickers. The second one is kinda lame looking though. It's square with light green words and with a tiny image that looks like it came from Microsoft clip art.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's a testament to modern science and genius' busting their asses to try to save lives but it's a very young virus in both relative and actual terms. You can't really (at least honestly) say that you know what will happen in one year or five years or 15 years. It hasn't existing long enough to be tested that extensively.

Still, trust science over moronic trolls.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
i got these to keep my satan card safe, they're basically re-named fishing license holders but they work nicely

https://www.amazon.com/Vaccination-...s%2C145&sr=8-26

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

mekyabetsu posted:

Could someone explain to me why COVID-19 vaccines can cause COVID-19-like symptoms? I think I understand, in general, why vaccines sometimes cause negative reactions like fever and soreness (the immune response to the foreign substance), but things like loss of taste seem specific to both COVID-19 infection and its vaccines.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm getting my second Pfizer dose on Friday. I'm just don't understand why the symptoms would coincide.

It's like getting a flu shot, sometimes you get a runny nose or fever -- the vaccine actually contains a dose of the actual bad thing, but, it's enough for your body to handle and build an immune response to it

Personally I skip flu shots but this nonsense, fuckin wreck me for a couple days as long as I uh, live to 42

bad post ignore plz

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 13, 2021

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

mekyabetsu posted:

But I thought the mRNA vaccines don't contain an inactivated version or any variant of the virus. It just contains the code to manufacture the spike protein, right? That's why I don't get why the potential symptoms from the vaccine would be anything like the symptoms of the virus infection.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's not true about the mRNA vaccines - there is no viral component.

The side effects are from the immune system being activated to generate a response against the target virus, and a lot of symptoms of immune system activation are similar.

I also have not heard any reports of vaccines causing loss of taste.

I do apologize folks there is enough disinformation about this situation that morons like me shouldn't be adding to it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think it took almost 2 days before I had any issues and then i spent a few hours feeling like i got jumped by a violence gang, and so I slept all that day and all has been well (aside from my usual lovely malaise but thats always there)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

mysterious frankie posted:

Second shot in the bag. Already starting to feel a little dizzy. Take bets on whether or not I make it to my nephews birthday party tomorrow at 3pm.

Whoops the above post was directed at you, meaning you may be just fine for the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
hitting 50 percent of 'murcin adults fully waxed today

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1397172250374246402