Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Caligula Effect has the Persona-style social link system but the people's problems are actually interesting to learn about, and they're progress-locked with the story so the character arcs are consistent - you don't have someone coming to terms with their problems in the link and then in the main game they're still lashing out or whatever. It's an MMO-style system so people have basically chosen to be an idealized version of themselves, and it deals with some heavy real-world topics like gender dysphoria and eating disorders. Some of the links are clumsy so uh, keep that in mind going in.

Also combat is REALLY good, you can see ten seconds into the future and all moves take time so you have to plan everyone's moves and turns within the framework of working around what the enemy is going to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I asked that question kinda flippantly but that actually sounds pretty rad

Edit: is this a sassy witch

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 1, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

God you know what I don't exactly remember what her arc is like but I do know that I really like all of the art designs in the game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I've gone and made a new thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966559

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I asked that question kinda flippantly but that actually sounds pretty rad

Edit: is this a sassy witch

abusing my powers to say yes