Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Here are this month's releases:

this op sucks. Type all this out for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

cheetah7071 posted:

Lmao that you made posting about a sassy witch a square

Speaking of, what is the Atelier trilogy releasing this month?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

https://twitter.com/danlwarren/status/1377432514403262465

apparently it's a legit research paper that started as a joke

That does raise a valid question. Just how horrifying would pokemon native to poke Australia be?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Simone Magus posted:

Okay for real talk, this is the most interesting and just good game essay video I've ever seen and as a bonus for Tim Rogers apostates, it's only 28 minutes long!

I'M VERY SERIOUS WATCH THIS VIDEO!

https://youtu.be/ulVfzB2tiMU

I find the part where he talks about how some poorer areas were badly rendered to be a bit weird, because they are bad for the same reason the high rise buildings in rich areas like Manhattan have garbage and stretched textures for their entrances - flight photogrammetry is much more imprecise when it comes to things close to the ground. The fact that some poorer areas are actually included in photogrammetry data proves the opposite of what he's implying - the company who made the photogrammetry data cared enough to fly over and photograph those areas too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

psychoJ posted:

who's ready to play nier again???? cuz I am!!!!!!

I don’t know if I can play Nier again. For multiple reasons. :smith:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Speaking of, what is the Atelier trilogy releasing this month?

Mysterious? Sophie is decent but nothing special. Firis is very divisive. Lydie and Suelle is very very good

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Awesome, maybe I’ll pick that up 🤔

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I survived my night shift. Thank you to those who donated posting energy not unlike charging Goku’s Spirit Bomb.

I’m very excited to continue playing games and posting with you all!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ew, I saw a banner ad for a kickstarter for a new game from the Magical Diary/Long Live the Queen dev and maybe it's just me reading into it too much but it comes across like it features grooming.

It's about you being a butler to a vampire who has reverted to being a child for reasons so you have to send her to go work and learn to hunt until she can relearn how to be a proper vampire and change back into her adult form so you can continue keep your youth through vampire blood bond servant stuff.

It said the relationship stuff is optional but it being optional doesn't change the fact that it is still an option and I don't think the subject of grooming should be handled so carelessly.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Pollyanna posted:

Somnium Files is so profoundly loving weird. And it’s really good at keeping the player guessing and wondering. I’m having a lot of fun just trying to figure out what’s going on, cause there’s so much stuff to discover.

Date up and deciding to ditch the case and run off with the receptionist is, so far, a defining gaming moment of the year

e: spoiler for the true ending

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Ew, I saw a banner ad for a kickstarter for a new game from the Magical Diary/Long Live the Queen dev and maybe it's just me reading into it too much but it comes across like it features grooming.

It's about you being a butler to a vampire who has reverted to being a child for reasons so you have to send her to go work and learn to hunt until she can relearn how to be a proper vampire and change back into her adult form so you can continue keep your youth through vampire blood bond servant stuff.

It said the relationship stuff is optional but it being optional doesn't change the fact that it is still an option and I don't think the subject of grooming should be handled so carelessly.

ironic, because Long Live the Queen was, to my recollection, an explicit attempt to remove the weird grooming nonsense from the raising sim genre

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
april fools: april fools' day jokes
april cools: April O'Neil

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

welcome gamers to http://somethingawful.games

Here are this month's releases:

Wrath: The Oblivion – Afterlife

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Wrath: The Oblivion – Afterlife

Wraith is cool though admittedly most of what I know about it comes from the supplemental book about the effects of the Holocaust on the Wraith world.

The Charnel Houses of Europe book handled its subject matter surprisingly well for a World of Darkness book.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
These are the posts you can look forward to over the next month from me

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wow the bad Terminator game is getting a remaster for PS5

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

ErrEff posted:

Wow the bad Terminator game is getting a remaster for PS5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO0ShP56aA

You can call it bad, but it was really ambitious for the time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is the "endgame" Persona 5 Strikers recipe:

I used this recipe Grilled Skirt Steak With Mojo Marinade Recipe with a chimichurri of olive oil, lime juice, and minced garlic/chile/parsley/cilantro/shallot. The side was this: The Best Crispy Roast Potatoes Ever Recipe (the title is accurate, rosemary/chili/garlic oil roast and then tossing them in the bits afterwards is power)

I could have dialed in the steak a little bit better (with a wet marinade there's only so much I can do in terms of browning, and this was on stovetop) but it still turned out juicy and good. (Yes I cut with the grain for the photo, I cut across when actually eating lol)

The sauce was good, but I have a ton of it left, I also have a bunch of fresh cilantro and parsley I have to use up lol

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
had that terminator game on some bigass floppies and with that classic physical drm

i loved it as a kid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If I don't get a food post on my bingo card i'm gonna reroll lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

WHOO

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

I've really enjoyed all of your food posts in the past chat threads. What were some of your favorite food posts you've made, and what game food do you still make regularly?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
aw god churrasco what i wouldn't do for a big brazilian pile of meat

god dammit covid

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Getting in on the ground floor of sassy witches

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I found this organic ice cream from Oregon at the grocery store and it's just vanilla malt flavor but it's like a top ten ice cream I've ever tasted. It's called Tillamook. Oh man it's good, incredibly rich. It has a thing that says it's "made with more cream than is legally required" haha :j:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I don't have a bingo card, but here is a good sassy witch

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Waffleman_ posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of sassy witches

Definitely one of the all time great sassy witches :hai:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hey wait a minute

i have a bingo square to vote in the poll but there is no poll :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

I've really enjoyed all of your food posts in the past chat threads. What were some of your favorite food posts you've made, and what game food do you still make regularly?

I encourage these kinds of posts, posting comrade.

I think I still am a fan of the Skybuilder's Stew, documented in this video. You might even say it's an "old favorite." (I recommend this video series!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXO2q4tCPOg

This was probably the first time I thought "I should make a game food and post about it." I might make it one more time before it gets too warm for stew

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

looks like you've got a bug there op??

i stand by my decisions

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There actually is gonna be a new Pokémon snap?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

There actually is gonna be a new Pokémon snap?

Yes, a New Pokemon Snap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-e-lev6iiA

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the nicely plated food photos count as original content imo

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

hey wait a minute

i have a bingo square to vote in the poll but there is no poll :(

drat you snu!!!

edit: i added one

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Just finished work for the week, got a 5 day long weekend lined up and hoping to get some good game time in :D

Also rip to the realest one Mario

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game and watch mario thing looks like a neat thing to have on a shelf but lol not for 80 bucks nintendo are you taking the piss

You can sucker me into paying that for 3 good mario games (even if SMG2 really shouldve been there you cheapskates) but not fickin mario bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

cheetah7071 posted:

These are the posts you can look forward to over the next month from me

Hmm, I think I'll aim for the third column from the left. That one seems friendly.