Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lets hang out posted:

Be nice if they changed the rune/arcane requirements to make it a little simpler. I think I read somewhere that they did remove the recruitment cap, and they made similar little changes in the RS2 and 3 remakes.

My tip would be to not put off buying magic for a long time. I did that the first time I played, foolishly denying myself some very helpful and very cheap buff spells.

Yeah, given that there are characters who join as part of the Rune and Arcane side quests, it'd be really nice if they got rid of the "you have to be there for every rune/card to get the gift" thing, because you have to go pretty far out of your way to get those characters the gift. You have to like go and start multiple branches of the side quest before you complete any of the branches if you want those characters to be able to get the gift themselves. It's pretty awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Help Im Alive posted:

Did either rarity and the other person (razzledazzle maybe?) who was playing DR at around the same time get to DR3

It seemed like they both stopped before playing the best one??!

Might've been me? I was playing DR/DR2 at roughly the same time as Rarity and I made a few posts about it.

Frankly I burned myself out on it super hard mid-DR2. Think I beat the 3rd case? The one where Ibuki "hangs" herself and Mikan goes kookoo bananas from despair disease or w/e

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Walla posted:

My biggest complaint about being in my 40's is I will wake up with a random pain that persists for days. Like my shoulder has been hurting all week but that's because I slept wrong and it will be fine by Saturday.

if it helps you feel any better, this happens in your 20s too

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

if it helps you feel any better, this happens in your 20s too

I wouldn't know. I've only been sober since 2015. :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Okami: Hell yeah, Susano came through in the clinch!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Holy poo poo the fight Orochi is amazing with the sake and taking the heads down one by one and all the different elements and then Susano delivering the final blow WITHOUT ANY HELP now that's how you do a final boss fight (yes I know it's not the final boss)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The actual final boss is real good too

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The second final boss isn't bad either.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The third final boss is where things really get good though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what of the penultimate boss?

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

the thirteenth final boss is too linear, but some say it's worth it for lightning returns: final boss xiii-3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Haha Makoto is a Yakuza fan XD

You can go with her to see the real film adaptation of Yakuza in P5 lol, it owns

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Haha Makoto is a Yakuza fan XD

she is also a Fist of the North Star(?) fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oYemgGi_ng

I was going to spoiler it but Royal's been out a year and you get this very early on

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

P5R's showtime attacks are the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPWKfCFmcro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have no idea how many of you are joking

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

P5R's showtime attacks are the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPWKfCFmcro

This is the only one I would never skip

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

I have no idea how many of you are joking

There are about three or four final bosses in Okami due to how the story is structured.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
okami threw a lot of people on release because we all thought it was a cute little zelda-like, and it turned out to be a sprawling four-act epic

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait was that just the end of Act 1 what :psypop:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

:getin:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rarity posted:

:bisonyes:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

all the jokes about how long Okami is posted:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

:allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE MIDPOINT OF THE GAME

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I saw that Yakuza 1 & 2 were ported to the Wii U and got really excited until I realized it was never localized. Yet another reason I need a PS4.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Walla posted:

I saw that Yakuza 1 & 2 were ported to the Wii U and got really excited until I realized it was never localized. Yet another reason I need a PS4.

they're all on pc now!!!!!!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rarity posted:

It's a very long game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Lol that's the 1/3 point at most

get ready

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've logged 17 hours, I thought I was making good time :negative:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

:shittydog:

note: the dogs are extremely good and not lovely

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Act 2 is the best part, best area at least. And Act 3 is pretty short from what I remember

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weedle posted:

they're all on pc now!!!!!!!!

My PC is a 6 year old Surface Pro which struggles to emulate PS2/GC games. :(

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Good to know how long Okami is before I start it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I should point out that I'm not upset in the slightest, this is a very fun game and I'm in no hurry to finish it. I'm just amused the storyline shot its load so early

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i think i would like the build-a-haiku spots in sushi ghost more if they just...straight up removed the haiku. these are beautiful vistas but being asked to choose one of three options for each line of the poem really messes with the vibe

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My enduring memory of Okami is that Demon Lord Ninetails is such an insanely cool boss fight and battle theme and I wish the actual final boss was anywhere nearly as cool and satisfying.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

I should point out that I'm not upset in the slightest, this is a very fun game and I'm in no hurry to finish it. I'm just amused the storyline shot its load so early

it's a pretty good ruse. you think you're done and then... the game just opens up with tons of new stuff to explore and see.

and then it does it again later.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

After finishing Vanquish, I was in the mood for more fast paced Platinum weirdness, so I started Bayonetta. I am really bad at these kinds of games so I'm dying a lot and mostly getting stone trophies at the end of acts, but the game is whole lot of fun. I am playing on the Xbox one x and it looks good for its age, but it moves so fluidly and controls so well.

I just finished act 7, so about halfway through according to the trophies, hopefully the difficulty won't get too impossible.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Whizzing Wizard posted:

After finishing Vanquish, I was in the mood for more fast paced Platinum weirdness, so I started Bayonetta. I am really bad at these kinds of games so I'm dying a lot and mostly getting stone trophies at the end of acts, but the game is whole lot of fun. I am playing on the Xbox one x and it looks good for its age, but it moves so fluidly and controls so well.

I just finished act 7, so about halfway through according to the trophies, hopefully the difficulty won't get too impossible.

what's your favorite weapon and why is it odette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

1. If I could give up the rest of my life so I only had five years left to live in exchange for not remembering a single thing that happened to me before 2020 I would absolutely take that trade, man I can't even imagine how cool it would be to live in a world where I did not have to constantly remember all the lovely things I did and said every single day

2. I got my first vaccine dose today and I think it's funny how Cyberpunk 2077 is still less dystopian than real-life where I'm getting a possibly life-saving vaccine at a Walmart

3. I think I'm gonna play P5R again, did they ever change the rules on streaming the game directly from the PS4? Or do you need a capture card to bypass their weird rules