Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This has been my weekend

I picked this game up to play with some coworkers, mostly as sort of like a networking kind of thing. Didn't expect to like it as much as I do. There's something really satisfying about the crafting system that respects your time and lets you

a) Level up a good weapon to keep in par with the enemies you're fighting
b) Change the traits on your weapons to something more applicable
c) Upgrade the rarity of your super high level blue/green weapon to make it useful.

I don't normally go for these types of games; I bounced off of Destiny and didn't play much borderlands after the first one. I'm probably going to play this one every now and then until it eventually gets shut down for whatever GaaS reason they come up with.

Also, agreed on the story. It sucks and the skip button is very useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Cardiovorax posted:

War for the Overworld is such a persistent disappointment to me. It does such a good job of imitating all the broad strokes of the Dungeon Keeper series that it seems like it should be great, but the gameplay just feels so bad. I was halfway through the game before I finally admitted to myself that I just wasn't having fun because every mission just felt like slowly grinding your way through a tower defense game against endless waves of enemies that showed up literally by a clock. And it doesn't even do tower defense well, because traps are so easily destroyed at a distance that there's almost no point in bothering with them, or you'll spend all your time constantly replacing them. Real shame how subtly but badly they hosed that up.

This pretty accurately sums up my feelings on the game, as well. I really want to like it but it's just so not fun to play.

In terms of questionable kickstarters, Legends of Eisenwald was a pretty big disappointment to me. Also, it's a shame the Chuck Tingle/Zoe Quinn kickstarter never produced anything aside from a coffee mug.

I am pretty happy with backing Divinity: Original Sin 2 though. Same with Pillars of Eternity.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I've never played SaGa Frontier but it looks really interesting from all the screenshots i've seen about it. Is there any advice to be given for someone new to the series going to pick up the game for the first time?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

I posted before but I think it got lost, there's a terrifically funny anime on Netflix called The Way of the Househusband about an ex Yakuza that does housewife stuff

Seconding this. My wife and I took a peek at it on friday and binge watched it all the way through.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

I know this word from my favorite anime, NBC’s Hannibal.

that is my favorite yaoi anime, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

stev posted:

They'll almost definitely just be making cosmetics and backend systems/battlepasses. It's just where they think the money is.

"Sorry TFB, We didn't exceed our projections by 50% so instead of working on a new spyro game you're gonna be making CoD skins until further notice."