Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wow the bad Terminator game is getting a remaster for PS5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I picked "answer 2" because Jak II.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

There's not enough games where you play a librarian sorting books

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The story is very thin in Sunset Overdrive, but I didn't really mind the writing - it is hyper self-aware.

Love the crazy freedom of movement and it's easy to draw a line between it and Spider-Man.

Also glad how little they forced the player to engage with the horde defense mode. It's there, it crops up in a few story missions but otherwise you can completely ignore it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

According to Famitsu's release calendar, there were 22 Vita games released digitally in Japan throughout 2020.

For 2021 there have been 3.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mix. posted:

I'll probably pick it up when it's on a deep sale or something, but man is it weird to see how little staying power it had even compared to its immediate prequel, I STILL see discussion about WD2 now and then in 2020/2021

Won't be long - it was already 50% off in their last store sale which was earlier this month.

haveblue posted:

It also doesn't have the multiplayer invasions which were probably the single best thing about both previous games

Ubisoft has a good track record of introducing cool multiplayer modes and then dropping them entirely in sequels.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 12, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Sunset Overdrive is pretty good. It's overwhelming at first, because you've got a lot to keep track of whilst learning new controls, but after the initial hump it's been fun. It's one of those games where the traversal is enough to carry the whole game.

The writing gets pretty cringey, though. And I don't know if I'm missing something, but it seems pretty stingy with its main currency. I was barely able to afford the cheapest gun after a few hours. Maybe something later on speeds that up.

Fair warning, the pc port is low effort and has issues.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to afford all the weapons by the end of the game - not nearly enough cash by the end even if you do all the extra activities. There is some post-game grinding required to get all of them. Since some guns are just copies with a new paintjob and slightly different stats, it isn't worth it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I tense up when I jump off a tall building in a game (doesn't matter if it's first or third person) and point the camera at the ground as I'm falling.

I've never held my breath... but hey, I do tend to sway the controller from side to side, especially in a racing game. Yes, like a gamer.

EDIT: I do tense up more in multiplayer when I know it's actual people, because they are more unpredictable compared to AI opponents.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 12, 2021

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I checked his twitter and his Youtube account is Spidey999, and every single video of his is "GOD OF WAR CREATOR REACTS" to whatever game hes playing like the RE8 demo, and then I see the icon of a video being this, so I will say yes this is absolutely the same guy he seems like a loving insane manchild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvB3vuWpvS0

:lol:

"What have you guys DONE? I have made MANY million selling video games!"

Living on past glories, unable to move on in life, angry at everyone and everything

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Zushio posted:

Solid work all around team.

Haha, smart.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Looks like a regular Ridge Racer game to me.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

Almost certainly. Michel Ancel was forced out (not metooed, he's just really bad at project/people managerment apparently), their plan to make half the game out of free assets donated by fans probably isn't going well, and what they did have to show off last time was unfocused tech wanking with no clear path to becoming a game

That's true, but we do have a Netflix movie coming!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/detective-pikachu-director-netflix-tackling-ubisofts-beyond-good-evil-film-adaptation-1305407

And don't forget the Splinter Cell anime: https://collider.com/splinter-cell-netflix-series-details-how-many-episodes-derek-kolstad-interview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Jolo posted:

Didn't Toys for Bob do the recent new Crash game? That was all new right or was it a remake?

Both Crash 4 and the remake trilogy did quite well, both critically and sales-wise.

But why bother with that when you can have King farm out a Crash-branded endless runner that brings in way more cash? Probably well over 40 million downloads at this point.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-04-16-crash-bandicoot-on-the-run-earned-usd700k-in-one-week

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Someone explain to me why you would buy a bunch of talented developers and then have them grind in the cod mines for all eternity.
Why not expand the studios that have worked on cod games and, I don't know, have those other developers work on potential new ideas revenue streams

Activision only cares about immediate profits and growth that can be attained in the shortest possible timeframes. Blizzard is kind of an anomaly there, but they're being slowly forced to adapt.