Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thread is getting really Tarantino now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wuggles posted:

Started up Persona 5 Royal again over spring break 46 hours in

Immediately paralyzed with indecision over who to hang out with

If your playing anywhere near optimally you should be pretty flush with extra time to hang with all them, make sure you focus on newgirl and the Councilor if you wanna hit the new stuff

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

P3/4/5 weirdly are the kinds of games that you can somehow play for 46 hours in like three days though I don't know what gives them that quality

I still remember the exact time and place I was when I beat P3 for the first time, a feat only matched by Pokemon Blue.
P4 and 5 I tore through too, but none of the others compelled me to forsake sleep and good judgement like P3 did.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

P4 I did absolutely nothing for five days but play the game and think about the game. I was supposed to have exams at school that week but two of the three days were cancelled because of snow. I was so out of it one night that I accidentally read the name of the killer and thought to myself "I dont know who that is I haven't met them yet I guess" despite being 40 hours in. I found this out by looking at a piece of fanart of the killer and saying 'who the hell is that supposed to be'

Lol, I ended up with half a week off at P5's launch and got myself absolutely dog sick by running the game until I was ragged, only stopping to get food from the local gas station. Worth it though, what a good game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yoshi is an animal, eating yoshis is not only acceptable but encouraged.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sonny 1 and 2 are surprisingly fun RPG's for flash games

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lucid dreaming is real, lookin at your timepiece can be that last trick you need to gain full control. The dream constructs hating if you bring up yourself being in a dream is real too, you'll end up seeing them get really angry and wake up soon if you do

The advice about checkin' your watch is more so you get in the habit of doing it everyday, then hopefully your dream self will also do it. Then you can see that the numbers don't make any sense, or look at some words you can't actually read anything while dreaming. Even if you know what something says trying to parse it is impossible, it's just random semi symbols

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 3, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I very often hit the boundary of lucidity, to the point where I wake up from dreams in dreams, but I've never cracked it yet.

Keeping a dream diary is supposed to help, I dunno I Lucid dreamed a lot when I was younger but nowadays it just doesn't seem to happen.

Ashwaghanda root can give you some loving intense dreams the first couple times you take it if your into that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The sushi on the pokemon stadium lickitung game looked super boss

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The food in Muramasa made me hungry as hell

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

i forget if this was posted in here or the last thread already, but since we're talking about video game food...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__qtH1ly2Sg&t=59s

I loving hate babish so much, he's a poo poo Cook with poo poo technique who does nothing but chase clout. I hope he falls down some stairs

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

I loving hate babish so much, he's a poo poo Cook with poo poo technique who does nothing but chase clout. I hope he falls down some stairs

Charlies posts show a better understanding of basic technique than any babish vid ever has

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

It really makes all other RPGs look like garbage

I mean no, the writing is extremely subpar at best

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Disco Elysium is a game where I feel like either the world is insane or I am because the prose felt like it was trying way too hard and the setting and story were fine but pretty unexceptional, to me. And the actual gameplay was filled with minor little things that annoyed me to no end.

I mean, I finished it and enjoyed it well enough so I can't be too down on it but it wasn't even the best game about an amnesiac detective I played in 2020, and didn't make my top ten

This is a pretty good approximation of how I feel, the game tried so hard to be Great that it forgot to be good.

I will give it that I think it looks better than most Modern CRPG's Not trying to fully emulate the Infinity engine games did wonders for it

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 3, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Last night I took down Fume Knight. One of the most tough bosses I have faced, but definitely one of the best. It was proper hairy and a random person named VitoDjota is who I summoned to help out. I wish I could give them a prize for being willing to assist.

Godspeed you Vito. o7

I was also saying that I cannot believe how dense Dark Souls 2 is compared to DS1 and Bloodborne. I feel I have explored and been through SO much game in comparison. I have beaten 29 bosses and there is at least 5 more that I am aware of. I have only been playing for 47 hours but that opening in Heidi feels like years and years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7IRP7l-7zo
I;ve never been as salty as after I watched this type of video

Escobarbarian posted:

looks at your avatar
You've got a Utena Av so I know you got taste. I just find a lot of the Dialogue in DE to be very cringey at best. I think there's something to be said for it's dialogue reactivity compared to some lesser games that got praised for the same *Cough* Walking Dead, but It's just not good writing most of the time, It's overly Verbose in a way that reminds me of the victorians but overly Casualized in the style of some post modernists.

At the end of the day It just doesn't have anything interesting for me, It's got better writing than some games. But when other games are tackling multiple themes and concept with heart and soul, or innovating the very Genre they reside in. Seeing Disco in comparison feels weak as hell

I'll cop to not being the audience in the least though. I'm sure it's a fine game for people who fully inhabit the worldspace they've created.

The way it does skills though can get hosed, way to many to keep track of or acknowledge

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 3, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

999 on a DualScreen is by far the way to go

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

I don't watch his videos and even if I did I know nothing about cooking, what's wrong with it? Like "poo poo cook with poo poo technique" doesn't explain much to someone who has no idea what "good technique" is beyond food that tastes good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cooking/comments/9ivf75/are_the_basics_with_babish_videos_reliable/e6n01qc

If I did that copy job right that post explains pretty well the problem. He's not very good at cooking and makes a lot of really amateur mistakes, which is fine when he was just doing it for the entertainment. Once he started binging basics then I get mad cause if you're going to him instead of someone like chef john, ethan chelbowski, jacques pepin your gonna be frustrated when your food doesn't come out correct.

On a personal level I find him and his whole style completely insufferable. He calls his network the babish culinary universe for God sake, it's so cringe.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

V is one of the best story's of all time. Kojima blowing millions and all his goodwill at konami to tell his fans how much he loves them is beautiful. It's why he'll always be a legend

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes not solving the mystery is the correct option

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

That reminds me, I'm genuinely curious as to how many people needed help at the end of Persona 4 to figure out who the killer was. I was in such a sleep-deprived state that I didn't even know who the person I chose was (I had the name spoiled but never made the connection). I do really like though that the game gives you the final responsibility of having solved the puzzle

e: Really Really Lots of Lore 2 is going on basically all month, which is a "speedrun" marathon but for insane categories almost no one runs and could never get into a marathon. Currently they're 5 hours into a 17 hour KH2 run where they watch every cutscene
https://www.twitch.tv/reallyreallylongathon

Might wanna check the Persona thread, tbh I can see how you could not solve the mystery to get the true end, it's not eacatly a well written mystery. But the people who got the bad ending confound me, Namatame is clearly not the killer why would you throw him in the TV, He clearly has no loving idea what's going on, You've got zero motive beside the murder of his mistress, and you're clearly not high enough level to be in the endgame

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This is one of my favorite gags in the Endurance Run, where halfway through the game they're like "alright this time we're about to catch the killer for real this time, it's only 35 hours in and we're level 28 but final boss is coming up next for sure."

To be fair though, I think the bad ending is something moreso that people get on accident because they didn't get the exact right sequence of answers, which isn't hard to do because some of them sound very much alike

I guess it's understandable, That sequecne is so weird to me though. There was someone in the Megaten thread awhile ago who managed the bad ending cause he thought yelling to calm everyone down was the wrong option. I'm just like homie sometimes yelling at people is actually okay, when they're gonna murder someone that's one of those times

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Never played it but I'd bet a c note that it's a pun on artificial intelligence and Ai meaning love in Japanese

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He got so loving lucky with the 9 q bullshit

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Naming the main character of Persona after yourself has a pretty good payoff near the very end where the main character gets to have a conversation with the "You"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I was recently introduced to the scene from CSI where Jason Alexander plays a mastermind villain and the top comment on youtube was "these murders are making me thirsty" and I just about died of laughter

That was criminal minds

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do you have a decently strong pc. Either fes or portable shouldn't be that hard to emulate. I think they finally sorted out the shadow issues on the ps2 megatron games too

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

2nd Evos kind of suck

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The original lead writer left after P2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you're new to the series don't sweat taking a couple days to run that dungeon. It's considered the toughest in the game given your lack of options.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I had the Cubix game for Gameboy, It was awful

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think there was a level red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjp0kv6QkDw&t=103s

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mario and Luigi's looks in that game were just way way off. I don't even like 2D mario and it bugged me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How do you consistently have such good taste?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I should thank god every day for Kaiji introducing me to the Blue Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRZR6AUvaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfnFOJ3jbPY

Gripweed posted:

Don't be fooled, that's one of the maybe seven songs I know that isn't by Modest Mouse, on the Paul Simon album Graceland, or an anime theme song.

Homie Paul Simon is Dope. Diamonds on the Soles of her shoes, You can call me al, Fifty ways to leave your lover.

Paul Simon is lit af, dude was always mad the band was simon and Garfunkel, garfunkel did jack poo poo in the band it was all him

Mrs.Robinson is such a good movie

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 11, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

can any psychics in the thread recommend me a wRPG I haven't played yet?

Adventure Quest

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If you click in the mage shop in the right order you can get a free truffel summon.

do the Lizard guys quest right away and you get a boss rear end sword

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

If there was something like an "airport videogame" it'd probably look like this. That's dope as hell.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mobile youtube is a nightmare. Youtube's algorithm has gotten so incredibly lovely in the last couple of years it's insane. Just pages of poo poo I've already seen and weird poo poo I would never watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gacha didn't give me my waifu. Gachas are poo poo