Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

karmicknight posted:

So did Mario die?

I am going to go sleep for exactly eight hours but please answer below.

Not yet, but he's in Hawaii where it's still March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

We need a PS2 mini. I will pre-order one. I don't even care what games are included.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

now that the vita is dead, we can finally get a vita mini, this time with a memory card included! and hopefully some consolation psp games

I can't wait for the Vita! I'm going to download so many games I'm not going to play!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

I never had a vita but I always wanted one and I wish I'd gotten one and it's too late now (at least unless I want to mod it). For like years I've always been thinking "what if I got a vita"

Like especially for Persona 3 and 4 but also for all the PS1 games I could have gotten.

Oh well.

for legal purposes this counts as eulogizing the Vita

I actually prefer getting systems after they're "dead". They're cheaper, safer to mod and the games are cheap or free.

That makes me wonder, can't the Vita stream PS3/4 games?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

xedo posted:

A few years ago you could play psnow games on vita, but they killed that.

You can still stream from your own ps3 or ps4 to vita with remote play. The ps3 selection is super limited, like so limited it was a major selling point that the vita can stream any ps one classic... Even though it can also download them and just play them.

But vita can remote play any ps4 game. I had a little latency but I played ff15 on my vita a few hundred miles from my ps4 once.

Oh, that's cool poo poo. Now I need to get a PS4 so I can play P5R and 13 Sentinels in bed. The Vita just keeps getting better!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

fridge corn posted:

It just came out on ps5 buddy

They mean the Switch buddy. :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The last time we had bingo is when I actually started posting and I cleared a line in like 3 days to earn my bingo tag.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kerrzhe posted:

last time we played bingo i got a line but didnt get a tag :(

I demand Metis gives you a tag!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My first Souls game was The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I think I'm just going to give my PSP away. It's not really worth the hassle to sell. Anyone want it? It's already modded and has a micro sd adapter, but it's the 1000 model.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Saint Freak posted:

My wife has been wanting one. I'd be willing to throw some cash your way or like, donate to a charity of your choice or something if you really don't want anything for it.

Pay for shipping and it's yours. It's only worth maybe $40. I'm not going to send it out until I get my Vita up and working, so probably another 10 days or so. Once I buy myself PMs I'll message you for your address. And I'll post my physical discs for it when I get home tonight.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

how dare

Ikr. Everyone knows Sonic has a story.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

Can you still get What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord and Corpse Party Book of Shadows on vita? It hink they were orginally PSP games.

I think basically all the best digital only PSP stuff was available on Vita too, but I don't recall.

Dunno. I'm mostly going to use it as an emulation station since it has a nicer screen than the 3DS and most GBA and SNES games work well enough. I do want Danganronpa though and I may pick up a few games before the store shuts down.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Saint Freak posted:

Awesome. Just let me know.

So here's what I have for the PSP:

Games
Siphon Filter - Logan's Shadow
Twisted Metal Head On
ATV - Off Road Fury Pro
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Monster Hunter Freedom
Burnout Legend
Tactics Ogre: LUCT - With case

Movies
I, Robot
Superbad
Van Helsing
Dodgeball

Emulators
ScummVM
SNES9X
gpSP
Pico Drive

Digital Games
Legend of Dragoon
Tear Ring Saga - Translated
Final Fantasy VII
Way of the Samurai Portable - Translated
Persona 3 Portable
Valkyria Chronicles 3 - Translated
Tetris
Breath of Fire IV

All of the physical stuff except for Tactics Ogre came with it when my wife bought it 4 years ago. Everything loads but I haven't really played any of them. The micro SD is only 16 gigs but you can just copy the filesystem to any FAT32 formatted card and it should run just fine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

Did you get that yourself? I looked (a long rear end time ago, mind) and couldn't find any finished translations.

I didn't translate it if that's what you mean. I found a translated copy but there's a few things that aren't translated and I only did a few missions so I'm not sure how complete it is. I don't like what they did in the 2 handheld games regarding classes. Too much grind.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Talking about bad games, my favorite game is Fire Emblem Fates and is a very bad game in nearly every sense of the word. I absolutely love the changes to skills, weapons and combat but most people hate those parts too. It becomes hard to discuss because people seem to love to hate it and every discussion devolves into how horrible it is.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

Unbreakable weapons was interesting but I think I like how 3H went back to breakable but repairable weapons is my favorite system.

I prefer the unbreakable weapons but I understand why it wouldn't work for 3 Houses.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FE: Awakening solved that by not having any feet. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Why is that picture everywhere? I mean, it's on the drat store listing on the Switch! Is that some mega important scene or something?

New Super Metis posted:

stop, stop!! feet pics were not on anyone's bingo cards!

And whose fault is that? :mad:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Needs more Wario.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

homeless snail posted:

is this a sex thing

I assumed the important thing is Sonic doesn't have a penis.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Not true according to the fanfic I read where Sonic cucks Mario

I thought that was Crash.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Super Metis posted:

today people are mourning mario but they forget that marth fire emblem was also unjustly executed

Just get the ROM. gently caress Nintendo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Hey remember the MGS3 3DS port

Is that Snake Eater? I tried the demo and no thanks. They didn't even update it for the Circle Pad Pro/C Stick so you have to use ABXY to pan the camera and L1/R1 to aim and shoot. It's horrible.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weedle posted:

it does support the c stick but iirc you have to toggle it on manually in the game settings

Wait really? I didn't see that option in the demo.

Still dumb.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So I tried Metal Gear Solid 3D on the 3DS again, and is it normal for aim and fire to be on the triggers? Because that seems useful. Except the 3DS version with Circle Pad Pro enabled places those actions on L2/R2 which are loving interior buttons! Who the gently caress designed this?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Wonderbox and Fantasian are going to look so good on the Switch. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Arzaac posted:

I'm spending my morning in the hospital! (Nothing serious, I got chest pains and panicked but luckily it's not a heart problem. :v:)

Just biding my time here, playing an idle game on my phone and reading manga.

Feel better!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lario?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

Have you tried looking at the options before posting? I don't remember that being the case... but I can't find my MGS3 cartridge :/

I actually did this time, but it was 1:00 AM so I might have overlooked something. It doesn't matter. I'll just play it on the Vita next week.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never played Okami either. It's wolf Zelda but without Twilight Princess' bullshit I think? Never really caught my interest but the screenshots are pretty.

Speaking of old games that have been released a dozen times, how is The Legend of Kay? That's another that looks pretty but I never touched.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

Whole lotta people transparently trying to fill in the justified double post square on their bingo card :thunkher:

Just lol if you don't already have a line filled.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Looper posted:

yoshi's not a pet, this is a blatant bingo foul and i will see you in bingo court

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Getting further into Somnium Files, and I’m starting to put some pieces together. :siren:Big spoilers for AI: The Somnium Files.:siren:

I finished Iris’s route. Since most of the bodies so far have been killed somewhere other than where they were found and had their left eyes removed, it seems pretty drat likely that someone’s using the prototype Psync on them, and then disposing of their bodies elsewhere. That hints at the motive: someone’s diving into people’s dreams for...some reason. That’s about all I can guess right now.

This game is really good at show-don’t-tell so far. Especially the beginning - that was a great way to catch people’s attention and keep them wondering.

This game is great. It was the first game I finished last year and I'm thinking of playing it again soon.

I also think The Twist is done better in this game than the Nonary series. Once you get the final end, I can't think of anything that comes out of left field and blindsides you like in those games. All the pieces are there for you to put together.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never played ZTD. The only Nonary Game I ever finished was Virtues Last Reward and it was great.

hatty posted:

That’s how I felt with 13 Sentinels, each reveal felt like an “ohhh” and not a “what!?”. Maybe I should give AI a shot next then, I did buy it nearly a year ago

You should. AI is tons of fun and hilarious in places.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

We have Vita! I need to give this seller all the stars because it's 3 days early! I'm still waiting on my SD card and I already have my SD2Vita. Plus I need to downgrade it to 3.60 if that's even possible.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i'm loving thrilled on your behalf

this is the best guide to getting it unlocked: https://vita.hacks.guide/

Thanks! I already have it open on my phone, but I don't want to mess with the thing until I have my SD card. I'm afraid the memory card will die before I can set up my sd card.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Walla, do you have PMs?

I do! :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Okay ally sheedy in breakfast club :p

That's not fairy bread. Wasn't it corn flakes and potato chips?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Vita is modded! However I'm still waiting for my sd card to arrive. I'm tempted to just go to Target in the morning and buy 1. I don't want this 8gb card to die before I can set up sd2vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Vita savegame talk:

Don't try to combine the vita memory card with your new sd2vita, there is a way to do it and since I had a 32gb in mine I tried and the result was the loss of all my savegames.
If you want to move savegames, they are tied to the game install, which means copying the entire game over the slow rear end network connection on the Vita.
There is homebrew software you can use however to extract the save files and just move those.

I don't have any savegames yet. I did copy over 2 of my PS1 games and a PSP games. I also bought Persona 4 last night since that's 1 of the games I actually want a Vita for but I'm not going to do anything else until I set up sd2vita. I might go out and buy an sd card today rather than waiting for the one I ordered to arrive.