Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/pixel__toast/status/1377437340667236352?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rarity posted:

"Nothing works out for me. It even rained the day I was born"
"You got it wrong, you were the lightning in that rain"

What the gently caress even is this

that line is so loving good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cardiovorax posted:

I always assumed that was some sort of Japanese idiom that just completely failed to translate.

It is a metaphor.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cardiovorax posted:

I mean, it can be both.

It can't fail to translate if it makes perfect sense as a metaphor. It may or may not be a Japanese idiom, but it didn't fail to translate.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

for the purpose of the bingo would a post like "I am never going to beat this loving game" count as post about beating a game?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The N64 had some all-time fan favorites but beyond them a really small, unimpressive library. The worst library of any major system.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mkvltra posted:

I feel like the translator / localization team had Blade Runner fresh in their minds the week that they worked those lines.

What is your avatar from / who is that character? I tried reverse image searching but to no avail. The combination of that character, art style, and your username tickles me in a weird and cool way

I have no idea, a mod gave it to me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

When the mini PS1 came out with 20 games everybody agreed that all 20 were absolute bangers but there was a lot of talk about all the great PS1 games that didn't make the cut.

If they did a mini N64 with 20 games I don't think anybody would be talking about the great N64 games that didn't make the cut. I don't think they could even come up with an assortment of 20 N64 games that would be widely regarded as all bangers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've gotten to the part of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate where I need to start farming parts to make weapons to win other fights. I'm gonna have to kill like five more Lagombis to upgrade my ice sword so I can kill this loving Zinogre

Does elemental damage even do that much on a great sword?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

homeless snail posted:

not really. elemental damage is a small amount of flat damage per hit, not effected by MV, so faster weapons are better at element and status. but if you have the element advantage and get good hits it might still be a little better than a raw weapon of the same tier depending on how much attack you're giving up

I mostly don't bother though, especially on gs

Oh good, maybe just more thunder resistance will be enough.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

stev posted:

MGS2 and 4..

those storylines are not stupid.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

BisbyWorl posted:

I remember getting multiple ad emails from Square about Wonderworld, so watching it crash this hard has been funny.

Does this even count as crashing, considering how people were going "this doesn't look great..." from the reveal trailer and every single piece of media about it that came out pre-release just reinforced that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I think my first video game was one of the Sonic the Hedgehogs on the Genesis. I don't know which one, they were all very similar iirc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

check out this cool dragon you can only fight in a defunct Asia-only Monster Hunter mobile game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lurdiak posted:

That's Doomgaze.

No it's a Gore Magala

But made to look like the tenth Angel from Evangelion

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mkvltra posted:

Which Monster Hunter monster is cutest?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's Zeruel from Eva

check out this Tigrex

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I said come in! posted:

It's a good textbook example of why you don't really want to back Kickstarters, and to just wait until the game is actually finished. The developer lied a whole bunch about what the game would be, and how it was going to be released.

Platinum is smart using Kickstarter for game ports. Much quicker turnaround and little chance of a disappointing final product. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more with small developers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Looper posted:

hell yeah, also i appreciate this camera angle

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

looking cute, feeling cute

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

this seems about right to me. Hard to care about middle evolutions though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've been ignoring those dumbass ants this entire game but now I need two of their stomachs to finish my Seltas armor that I want for fighting the Valstrax. What a pain!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I beat Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate again. Exclusively using Great Swords and not blocking once. The way the game is supposed to be played

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

homeless snail posted:

pretty much every conspiracy theory is the same thing, a belief in a hidden truth that explains the nature of reality, usually involving people in power secretly exploiting others. and the core belief of qanon that the rich and powerful use their power to gently caress kids, is not a particularly controversial one, if it's not Q then it's jeffrey epstein (that one's true though). their brain is broken and they become fully alienated from society because Q is a ridiculously persuasive system of beliefs that fucks up their entire perception of reality, but most of them are harmless

Conspiracy theories are inevitable when there is no other great narrative to society. The American Dream is dead, "bringing Democracy to the world" turned out to be a complete farce, American religion is mainly telling people that god wants them to have an in-ground pool. No one in authority is imaging a future for people to look forward to. Everyone is alone and lonely, adrift in a sea of meaningless consumption and precarity.

So of course grand explanations that explain everything as a battle between good and evil have immense appeal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Which game should I start next, Oddworld Munch's Odyssey or Robotics;Notes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vermain posted:

I would recommend reading The New Hate by Arthur Goldwag, as it goes into exquisite detail about how, at the very birth of America and the founding of the American Dream, the country was absolutely riven with various Freemason, Papist, and Jewish conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories are not a modernist innovation; they're a consequence of the human tendency to seek direct casual agents behind seemingly random events. It's been with us since the very first animists.

yeah but that Freemason stuff was true

edit: and considering what we now know that the Catholic Church literally essentially has been running a worldwide organized secret pedophilia network, maybe we shouldn't be mocking the people in the 1800s who bought into all those nunnery expose novels and such. "Americans have been conspiratorial forever, why in the early 1800s they even believed that the Catholic Church was covering up systemic sexual abuse!"

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 10, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Black Stones posted:

Robotics;Notes

OK

Youre too late

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rinkles posted:

one of these days it'll get translated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP8Z-uXkzGo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gaius Marius posted:

How do you consistently have such good taste?

Don't be fooled, that's one of the maybe seven songs I know that isn't by Modest Mouse, on the Paul Simon album Graceland, or an anime theme song.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

All these Outworld characters... man the roster is huge and I recognize like 25% of them

I could probably only name Abe, Munch, and the Glukkons out of a lineup

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I have started playing Robotics;Notes. I've always been a big supporter of Visual Novels and believe it's the best genre of video game, but this is the first one I've ever actually played.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ymgve posted:

I've thought about getting it too, but I wonder if it's closer to Steins;Gate (good) or Chaos;Child (bad)

I really enjoyed the show. I will update the thread as I play the game as to it's quality.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It's remarkable how much these big websites are intentionally making themselves terrible. Like when you search for a specific movie or book on Amazon and the first two results are ads for ebooks in the same genre as what you searched for and the next three results are for streaming videos whose title includes a word that's a synonym for one of the words in the title you searched for

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You forgot about Strand games

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I got a bingo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm also partway through a novel, and I can tell that switching back and forth between a Visual Novel and a unvisual Novel isn't going to work.

Im gonna need to switch to a different, less reading game for the time being and come back to Robotics;Notes when I'm done with the books

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If they're redoing any Xeno game it should be the Xenosaga trilogy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm honestly not sure if I would want a Xenosaga directors cut.

I am sure that I do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1381995223715344384?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That reminds me, wasn't there supposed to be a SMT game for the Switch? How was it?