Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trios 19 15.32%
Christian vs Kaz 4 3.23%
Arcade Anarchy 96 77.42%
Tay and Shida vs Nyla and The Bunny 5 4.03%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1377440095914106881

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

AEW Dynamite for 3/31 via FWOnline.com

quote:

Christian Cage defeated Frankie Kazarian

This match was extremely decent, if that makes sense. Nothing was wrong with it, the work was pretty flawless, but it lacked energy and urgency from the start, especially going longer than 15 minutes.

Neither man could establish an advantage early on as they performed chain wrestling. A back elbow from Kazarian was the first big strike of the match, sending Christian to the ramp. Christian struck Kazarian with a hard slap but was backdropped back into the ring. Kazarian then laid in strikes in the corner before sending him off the top rope all the way to the floor.

Christian tried to attack upon-re-entry, but Kazarian surprised him with a leg drop before applying a cravat. Kazarian turned it into a front sleeler, and Christian began to fade before Kazarian hit a neckbreaker for two. He followed it up with a back suplex for another two.

A frustrated Kazarian shrugged off from shots from Christian and dropped him with one of his own. Christian made his comeback by fighting out of a corner attack and hitting a swinging DDT for two. He dropped to the floor and hit his draping right hand and the diving European uppercut for two. Christian attacked in the corner with a ten-count of right hands as the ten-minute call sounded.

Kazarian surprised Christian with a jackknife but was turned into a cradle himself for two. He went for the crossface chickenwing, but then Christian turned it around and went for the Killswitch. Christian escaped a suplex and hit a reverse DDT. He headed to the top rope, but Kazarian rolled out of the way of a diving headbutt.

Once again, Kazarian went for the crossface chickenwing, locking it on tight this time. After a long fight, Christian's foot reached the ropes. Christian rolled Kazarian up but fell victim to a strike combination and a springboard leg drop for two. They went to the top rope and fought until Kazarian attacked with a well-placed headbutt. Kazarian followed it up with the Flux Capacitor for another near fall.

Christian avoided a springboard leg drop and landed a frog splash for a close near fall. He rolled out of a chickenwing attempt and sent Kazarian shoulder-first into the corner post before hitting the Killswitch for his first AEW victory.

A Darby Allin video played where he addressed Matt Hardy. He put over Hardy's legacy while pointing out how he's changed. He said Hardy would have to earn Allin's respect, because Hardy's money doesn't mean anything to him.

A Jade Cargill video aired. She talked about Red Velvet before talking about all her physical gifts. Just like last week, she's "that bitch."

Unsanctioned exhibition match: Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall w/ special guest referee Arn Anderson went to a no contest

This was a crazy angle.

All the Nightmare Factory trainees, including guys like the Gunn Club and Lee Johnson, were at ringside for this match.

Cody took Marshall down with a shoulder tackle before a criss-cross led to a series of arm drags. He teased stomping on Marshall until the latter reached the ropes. Cody then hit the Rhodes drop-down right hand but ran into a dropkick, allowing Marshall to target Cody's shoulder through a commercial break.

Back from break, Cody turned the tables with a body slam before going for the figure four. He then opted not to apply it, based on his words from last week, before doing the same with the Cross Rhodes. Marshall starched Cody with a slap but missed a crossbody on the follow-up.

– Marshall snapped and attacked Arn with a cheap shot right hand. All the trainees ran into the ring to ostensibly make the save, but they all turned on the veterans and coaches (and Lee Johnson). Johnson took a powerbomb on the apron before a busted-open Dustin Rhodes took a piledriver from Marshall on the steel steps. The boxer Anthony Ogogo dropped Cody with a body shot.

They propped Cody up on the steel steps and Marshall was about to crack him with a chair shot, but Red Velvet ran out and got in the way of it to stop it.

The students that turned heel to join Marshall included Anthony Ogogo, Nick Comoroto, and Aaron Solow. The babyfaces were the Gunn Club, Dustin, Cody, and Lee Johnson.

A video package played where Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky essentially cut the same promo overlapping with each other. They said everybody would see what they mean on Monday.

Red Velvet was interviewed by Dasha about the attack but was immediately attacked by Jade Cargill, who tossed her into some crates before screaming that she's "that bitch."

Jon Moxley cut a promo about the Good Brothers' attack on Eddie Kingston last week. He's confused and pissed off about everyone's motivations and everything else going on before talking about Cezar Bononi. He said someone Bononi might be a big moneymaker, but not if Moxley kills him first.

Jon Moxley defeated Cezar Bononi (w/ Ryan Nemeth & JD Drake)

Bononi overpowered Moxley at the start before Moxley took him down with a leg crank and a dragon screw. Nemeth grabbed Moxley's boot, allowing Bononi to down him with a vertical suplex for two.

This match surprisingly went through a commercial break, where Bononi maintained control. Moxley came back with strikes but couldn't knock the big man down before suckering Bononi in for a German suplex. Bononi's associates got involved, but Moxley downed Nemeth with a Paradigm Shift before transitioning into a rear naked choke on Bononi for the win.

Team Taz relayed a message. Taz tried to explain everything, but Ricky Starks interrupted to ask for Brian Cage's thoughts. Cage got heated about how it took them a long time to put their opponents away, but Taz calmed everyone down and said they couldn't be stopped.

MJF's gift to The Pinnacle

MJF introduced the gift: their new personal Pinnacle stylist. He also got them an interior decorator to remodel the locker room, including the bathroom, but when he opened the door, the Inner Circle was incide. The two stables brawled all over the backstage area, with the individual Inner Circle members gaining the upper hand each time.

Guevara sent Spears through a door, Hager tossed Wardlow through a table, Santana & Ortiz put Wheeler in an ice bath and beat down Tully and a busted-open Harwood, and Jericho gave MJF a swirlie in the toilet before sending him through a vending machine and dumping bubbly on him. They put the Inner Circle sign back on the locker room.

The Young Bucks were interviewed by Alex Marvez but were interrupted by Don Callis, who told Marvez to beat it. Callis talked to Matt one-on-one, saying he loves Kenny Omega and he thought Matt did too, but last week, Matt broke Omega's heart.

Callis tried to guilt Matt by bringing up the attack on Matt's dad, clearly trying to provoke Matt into attacking him. Callis slapped Matt across the face, leading to Matt getting in Callis's face, but Matt didn't end up doing anything. Callis ended the segment saying "You make me sick."

The Lucha Bros and Laredo Kid cut a promo before the match, with Alex Abrahantes translating by saying they're coming for all the championships.

Callis joined commentary for the match.

Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) defeated Lucha Bros (Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fénix) & Laredo Kid

This was a fantastic, all-action tag match, with Laredo Kid in particular looking impressive in the same way Fénix has in recent months.

Kid attacked everyone right away with a dive, as did Fénix. They triple-teamed Omega in the ring with superkicks for two. The three luchadors then landed stereo dives on all three opponents on the floor.

With the match reset, it was Omega and Kid in the ring. Kid landed a couple moonsaults for two. Omega countered a corner attack with a running takedown before tagging in Gallows. Involvement from Anderson allowed Gallows to down Kid with a roundhouse kick.

The Good Brothers and Omega isolated Kid on their side of the ring with frequent tags and double teams, including throughout a commercial break. After the commercial, Omega and the Good Brothers landed a triple splash on Kid for two. Kid eventually reached Penta for the hot tag.

Penta hit slingblades before taggin in Fénix, who hit a double cutter. They hit their assisted cazadora splash before tagging for three consecutive dives on Anderson for two. The Good Brothers and Omega regained control with a triple team on Fénix, with Penta barely making it back in the ring to break up the count. Anderson hit a Claymore kick for two, then the Good Brothers set up for Magic Killer, before a Penta interruption led to a parade of big moves.

Fénix hit a hook kick and Penta hit a destroyer on Omega, but Anderson cut Fénix off with a spinebuster. Kid broke up the pin with a dive. Omega and Kid tagged in with a strike exchange, but Omega countered a dive into a powerbomb and a V-Trigger for two. Omega then set up for the One-Winged Angel, but Kid escaped and landed an insane tope on Omega.

Penta landed a dive on both Lucha Brothers as Omega and Kid both re-entered the ring. Fénix hit his rope-walk kick and Kid hit an great Michinoku driver on Omega for an awesome near fall. Omega avoided a Phoenix Splash, hit a V-Trigger, and hit the One-Winged Angel for the win.

– Jon Moxley, followed by the Young Bucks, walked out to face off with Omega and the Good Brothers, who bailed out of the ring.

Britt Baker was interviewed by her associate Rebel. Baker talked about the new AEW Dark: Elevation show, pointing out that Thunder Rosa is on the show, which is good because her victory over Baker didn't count in the win-loss column. Baker will continue to put Rosa and AEW on the map.

A Matt Hardy promo aired before the match, pointing out that tomorrow is April 1, meaning he'll start to make his money back.

Nyla Rose & The Bunny (w/ Vickie Guerrero, Matt Hardy, Private Party, The Butcher, & The Blade) defeated Hikaru Shida & Tay Conti (w/ Dark Order)

The teams brawled before the bell, with Rose attacking Shida with a leg drop right away. Bunny tagged in, allowing Shida to take control with a throw before going for the Fujiwara armbar. Bunny reached the ropes, leading to Shida's draping knee lift. Shida got in Hardy's face, allowing Rose to blindside her ahead of a commercial.

Once back, Shida made a comeback by suplexing Bunny into Rose. Conti tagged in for the first time and hit repeated judo throws before hitting multiple nice knee strikes. Out on the floor, she hit a backbreaker on Bunny right in front of Hardy. Dark Order and Hardy's group started to brawl as Conti hit the Tay-KO, but Rose broke it up.

Shida dispatched Rose and then the two hit a convoluted dive sequence on Hardy's group. With the official distracted, Bunny grabbed a kendo stick and whacked Conti with it, leading to the pin.

Next week's Dynamite lineup:

Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley & The Young Bucks
Tay Conti vs. The Bunny
TNT Championship: Darby Allin (c) vs. JD Drake
The Inner Circle returns
Jurassic Express vs. Bear Country

Jurassic Express cut a promo on Bear Country. They brought up Godzilla vs. Kong, but Stunt had a Kong tattoo even though Godzilla's a dinosaur like Luchasaurus.

Arcade Anarchy: Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy defeated Miro & Kip Sabian (w/ Penelope Ford)

As expected, this match was a wild brawl with a ton of fun moments. The big story will be the return of both Trent and Kris Statlander but the match was great on its own terms.

This was Falls Count Anywhere with video game machines all over ringside.

Taylor and Cassidy attacked before the bell, with Taylor pairing off with Miro and Cassidy with Sabian. Miro flattened Taylor with a fallaway slam as Cassidy sent Sabian through the Whack-A-Mole machine. Miro came out of nowhere and leveled Cassidy before beating him down on the floor. He then propped up a barricade, but Taylor and Cassidy double teamed him. Miro powered out and suplexed Taylor through the barricade.

Miro grabbed a chair and beat down Cassidy in the ring before wedging the chair in the corner and sending Cassidy headfirst into it. Out of nowhere, Taylor jumped off an arcade cabinet to save Cassidy, allowing them to regain control. Cassidy then waffled Miro with a trash can lid as Taylor teed off with a kendo stick. They then used the barricade as a battering ram to take down Miro before dumping plunder on him to bury him.

Cassidy went for a cover, but Sabian came out to break it up. Sabian made a one-man comeback on both opponents, dropkicking Cassidy through a wall, but Taylor cut him off and sent him into the ring. Taylor grabbed a teddy bear and dumped out the contents: Legos.

Taylor tried to suplex Taylor onto the Legos, but Sabian escaped and powerbombed him onto them. Cassidy ran in to break up the pinfall. Cassidy hit a tornado DDT and the Beach Break for two before hitting the Orange Punch. Cassidy would've had it won, but Penelope pulled the official out of the ring and punted Cassidy for a low blow.

It appeared as if Penelope was going to attack Cassidy, but Kris Statlander returned by popping out of a claw machine, following it up with a fisherman's buster through an arcade machine at ringside.

Miro showed up and tossed Cassidy the length of the ring with a biel. He attacked both opponents with a chair and propped up a table. While he did so, Trent's mom Sue's minivan rolled up and Trent made his return as well. The Best Friends all beat down Miro, but Miro fought them all off. Miro then made his way to the minivan, but Trent made the save.

Trent avoided having a token machine sent into his face and tossed a chair at Miro before spearing him through the propped-up table. On the stabe, Taylor hit a running powerslam through some staged tables for the win.

The Best Friends, plus Statlander, all hugged before giving Sue the thumbs up to end the show.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1377439507402870791

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1377441258113654784

News
AEW's first house show is almost sold out!

Christian on getting cleared:

quote:

When I did the unsanctioned match with Randy Orton in the summer, I was on the no-contact list. I thought, `Wow, Im that fragile that I can’t be touched?’ It didn’t sit well with me. I felt great. I decided to go on my own to the University of South Florida and see some doctors and do testing and have a long conversation. I told the doctor I wanted to step back in the ring to finish my career on my terms. When he said I can, it opened a bunch of doors for me. My test results and scores were good. I did another round of more rigorous testing in Pittsburgh and the doctor there said the same thing and here we are today.

AEW did 189,000 viewers on ITV in the UK on 3/12 in their late night slot which is the highest a full Dynamite has done.

Upcoming Schedule

NEXT WEEK
The Young Bucks and Mox vs Kenny and the Good Bros
The Bunny vs Tay Conti
The Inner Circle Says Hi
THE JURASSIC EXPRESS VS BEAR COUNTRY PRESENTED BY GODZILLA VS KONG (rated 4 stars by the resurrected Roger Ebert)

Links
Rankings: https://www.allelitewrestling.com/rankings
The Official AEW Podcast! https://link.chtbl.com/AEW
Everything Elite Podcast the second most official and second most leftist podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite Everything Elite now has a weekly preview show!
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling
Sammy Vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDZaULt2xcbJZvXEp0uP8TA
Shida Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuvPtwg5kin3AO1pGNf_5Q
AEW Games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXZbDPErhWzErj0iKy_Qrw

Your First Ever Sammy's Vlog BTE Champion

Your Fourth "For The Win" Champion, Brian Cage

Your Fourth TNT Champion:

Your Fourth AEW Tag Team Champions

Your Third AEW Women's World Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Wrestling Champion to go to TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BKUOJGyTc0

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
- Christian looked good in the opener.
- Nightmare Family vs Nightmare Family Wolfpac could be neat.
- Trios action slapped as it always does.
- Lots of good segments and promos tonight. Really felt like laying the groundwork for the next big PPV. I would've liked to hear from Rosa instead of Britt again, but that's a quibble.
- Seriously, the women's division is red hot right now. 4 segments tonight with lots of interweaving storylines. I love it.
- That main event. Good lord. Sue-gun is the best faction in wrestling.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

That show owned. In retrospect, opening with that Christian match made sense. The show just ramped up from there.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How was the show?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
seriously, every dynamite main event since the ppv has been en fuego

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what a fuckin sick episode

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I understand now why the opener was where it was, so every subsequent match/promo could blow it out of the water

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They had four big returns in the main event and all of them ruled.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Tweak posted:

I understand now why the opener was where it was, so every subsequent match/promo could blow it out of the water

It was the bland tasting but filling and nutritionally valuable base for the wonderful dynamite stew.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

that loving ruled

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Arcade Anarchy was such an amazing way to end Miro/Chuck, and I'm sorry for ever doubting we'd get to the fireworks factory

i love how AEW just goes for it and lets these guys do wild/innovative poo poo while still being able to do the in-ring stuff in a next level way

also production was on point for pretty much everything in the main, great choices all around and rolling out on Pixies as the newly reformed Best Friends hug and give Sue a thumbs up was pitch perfect

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I feel like we are firmly in the GANG WARFARE era of AEW.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

end of dynamite spoilers: https://streamable.com/gzeltx

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This episode of Dynamite truly gave the people (me) what they want (great wrestling television)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When Santana busted that chair during the Inner Circle-Pinnacle brawl, for a moment I thought he was going to recreate the end of the "I Quit" match between Magnum T.A. and Tully Blanchard, with himself taking the role of Magnum against Tully.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm so excited to hear heel Ogogo on Dark commentary.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I'm so excited to hear heel Ogogo on Dark commentary.

we already got a good taste of it yesterday

hit em with a cheeky knee

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Statlander owns and her hair owns :sueme:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Opener was kinda weak, and the Nightmare Factory stuff wasn't hard hitting enough until the coup happened (really wanted Cody to get taken out hard in-ring before it all broke down), but after that the show just kept going up up up up

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I’m really happy about the Best Friends including Kris

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

QT Marshall's New Nightmare

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I Before E posted:

The Rotten Apples

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I Before E posted:

QT Marshall's Dream Team :grin:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
thumbs up! way up!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I thought the Pinnacle thing was going to be a standard Inner Circle 14 min talking seg then they brawled real good instead.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

QT Marshall taking a few of the students and going all dickhead Cobra Kai wasn't something I thought I'd really like to see until it happened

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I freaked out a bit when QT’s students attacked.

I was expecting it, I was waiting for it, but then when QT punched Arn I didn’t know if it was going to happen. And then it did and I loved it so much!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as soon as I saw Anthony Ogogo at ringside I knew

tonight was the night

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rhonne posted:

I feel like we are firmly in the GANG WARFARE era of AEW.

They must be building to a faction-based PPV with all of this going on, right? Nearly every segment had big stable wars energy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alaois posted:

as soon as I saw Anthony Ogogo at ringside I knew

tonight was the night

I wonder how many people who don't watch dark said "Who the gently caress is that guy?"

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm glad AEW has decided to just have New Japan factions. Some folks on socials are mad about it, but I'm not. Factions rule. Wrestlers having friends is awesome. Every wrestler should have friends unless their character explicitly doesn't have friends. Even bad guys have friends!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
First the drat Dippin' Dots, and now the poor Pepsi case...

Show ruled. Start at a solid "B" and ended "A++."

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 1, 2021

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

They must be building to a faction-based PPV with all of this going on, right? Nearly every segment had big stable wars energy.

I think part of it is just a function of how many wrestlers they have working for them now. Factions are a good way to get people small moments or face time.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This needs to be in the OP imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Miro has only the world ahead of him.

Just how far can he take himself? I don't know if anyone has an answer.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

I was cool on Christian vs Kaz and slowly got into the match until I was super-invested... and then every loving other thing on this episode made me hype as gently caress. I feel like I can never say who my favorite wrestler is because it's whoever is on at the moment, I'm so invested, I love it

Only AEW could put on a main even that eclipsed Rey Fenix, Pentagon Jr., and Laredo Kid vs. Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers. I marked out so hard for the trios match and yet somehow Arcade Anarchy was the best thing I've ever seen. I screamed for a minivan! Once of the best episodes of a show that puts on the best episodes every week.

Jade Cargill is amazing. Red Velvet is amazing. HOLY poo poo PINNACLE vs. INNER CIRCLE! Shida and Tay Conti looked amazing. I'm so glad the factions are crossing division lines. I love all of it.

Today was massively stressful and once again AEW gave me two hours of absolute amazingness.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

SonicRulez posted:

I'm glad AEW has decided to just have New Japan factions. Some folks on socials are mad about it, but I'm not. Factions rule. Wrestlers having friends is awesome. Every wrestler should have friends unless their character explicitly doesn't have friends. Even bad guys have friends!

It rules and I cant even begin to imagine why factions are a problem with anyone other than brain damaged vincels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.