Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
Yes.
No.
View Results

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Eej posted:

I'm just saying, you're probably not going to get a lot of sympathy from people who had to deal with "container truck full of dead bodies" for a summer. Makes me think of Toronto Star running an article a week ago saying Canadians have vaccine envy as though people have memories lasting 2 weeks and completely have forgotten what a shitshow 2020 was.

Maybe not, but it's how a lot of the rest of the world feels at the moment, he can vent if he wants. Having gotten this far only to see your country sliding down the slope makes people angry and frustrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

SlowBloke posted:

This is what happens in Italy, there are two branches of police which coverage mundane stuff and a third one (Carabinieri) with military training that gets called for hard stuff(including overseas policing ops with the army).

Yeah thatís the model Iím thinking of, or Gendarmes in France. With it being a Title 32 force you could leave it nominally under state control outside of federal mobilizations under Title 10 for foreign service. Governors or large city mayors could have some operational control over things on a day to day basis while the military (i.e. going through NGB or whatever channels under DoD) would be responsible for training/equipping/administrative + disciplinary stuff. Regardless of Title 32/10 status, write the law so theyíre subject to UCMJ at all times.

TLDR: you build a new national police force with uniform standards/training + subject to UCMJ under the National Guard.

Also I would imagine this force being pretty small since most day to day police calls would be taken over by non-armed first responders anyway.