Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
What the gently caress did I just watch, other than some moron throwing weights and swinging herself around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

piL posted:

I bet those nurses are laughing their asses off watching people die.
Nah, they're not. They're exhausted and frustrated as gently caress.

I'd personally be laughing my asses off, but fear that we're never going to have herd immunity because these idiots will be an all you can eat buffet keeping COVID alive and well and mutating, and the disease itself is not fatal enough to make that a self-correcting problem.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

boop the snoot posted:

I have a theory that most people who say they have had the flu actually just got a really bad cold or some type of respiratory infection or strep throat or something.

I’ve maybe had it once? Maybe?
100% with you. The flu generally leaves you immobile for days. You'll know when you have it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

US Berder Patrol posted:

I think I got lucky with finding one that's right next to my buddy's house, and we're in a community with lots of GI Bill-educated GWOT vets. We've discussed dragging a bunch of our non-chud veteran friends into the place and taking over the machinery of it, which indeed seems like what the old chuds want us to do. In all honesty, I bet we have enough Front Range gippers to have our own literal clubhouse lol
Picturing a near future where history echoes itself with a better story and your liberal VFW post is cracking chuddy American Legion heads as they try to strike break the local Amazon warehouse, and I'm kinda ok with it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

orange juche posted:

The kind of person who would make this image and post it on social media is not the brightest light bulb in existence.
I have to imagine the kind of brit who gives a gently caress about HRH The Royal Consort in 2021 is a special kind of cringeworthy.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Handsome Ralph posted:

People might not like hearing it, but a sizable number of EMTs and Firefighters are bootlickers and chuddy as hell. Especially in smaller locales like this one.

It's pretty depressing when you see it in the wild too :smith:
Not even necessarily smaller locales. Anecdotes are not data, but in the 90s I was a volunteer EMT in college with a bunch of people from NY, and half of our department was guys from Staten Island and Long Island salivating for a chance to be NYPD and saw any public safety work as their way in. They would also hang out at the campus PD (which was technically a department of the state police) instead of in our offices.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

That Works posted:

That's surprising
I assume the Fox News/Whatever right wing bullshit news source headlines will be "Biden Unconditionally Surrenders to Taliban"

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

CommieGIR posted:

I really wish the Feds would start laying down Civil Rights charges over this, this really does ring like a lot of the police brutality from the Civil Rights era.
Pssht, who among us hasn't confused our taser for our gun and shot a guy over a minor traffic infraction. . .

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Eason the Fifth posted:

okay this one is probably on me, sorry about that, but fellas I think we need to pull up here

Before we do that, has anyone considered abolishing the police....straight into the sun? Or at least to Mars?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

shame on an IGA posted:

THE PIGS DIDN'T TELL HIS FAMILY AND JUST LET HIS MOM KEEP LOOKING FOR HIM FOR THREE DAYS

Wait. What?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

This is somehow beyond that.

gently caress this goddamn loving country. I don't even know what to say to this thread full of people who got put into harms way wearing its flag.

We had an insurrection against a fair election, but no insurrection against this poo poo. Just protests that get beat down on live TV.

gently caress.

Edit: I thought I had already crack pinged. Can you do it twice? Because gently caress.

Edit edit: this poor fuckin kid is my son's age. Probably why the second crack ping.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 15, 2021

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
More inequality than the gilded age, but this time the peasants are armed to the teeth...

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Really digging this range rover pickup that's carting Prince Philips' dead rear end around the Windsor compound.

Seriously, it's a pretty good looking truck. They should introduce it to run against the jeep truck in the states. Standard cab, 8 foot bed, gently caress yes.

Missed the truck and am instead watching a festival of wankery with costumes that a Broadway costumer would feel are a bit much.

Edit: also was informed that they are not in their military uniforms because Andrew, the pedo friend of epstein still has his honors/rank, but "actually served in the forever wars" Harry lost his when he resigned as a senior royal. What the gently caress?

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 17, 2021

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Apparently Kyle Rittenhouse got grifted by Lin Wood, who ran off with a bunch of the money that hard working racist assholes donated.. According to Kyle's mom, Lin also didn't post his bail because "the apocalypse is coming and he will be safer in jail."

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1379033078912409602

gently caress the lot of them.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the bodycamera footage, the whole thing starts at 6:40.

https://twitter.com/factal/status/1384704938769530881

I've seen it a whole bunch and I don't know what to really think. It's not a straight-up execution like the family/neighborhood was saying and it's not as clean as the initial cop statement was.
I've never been stabbed, and I bet it hurts like a motherfucker. But if you want to be a special thin blue line snowflake and get adored for how dangerous your job is and all that moto poo poo pigs live for, maybe don't bring a gun to a knife fight with a 16 year old girl.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Surely THIS will be the thing that brings down noted right-wing shitheel Tucker Carlson.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

That led me to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_submarine_operators

There's a lot more countries operating submarines than I would have thought (41), including standouts like Bangladesh, Azerbaijan, and--despite the borscht belt jokes--Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Thwomp posted:

He has now joined all other deceased Ohioans in getting the maximum possible distance from Ohio.
Depending on your theology, Jim Collins still holds the title of Ohioan who got the farthest from Ohio.