Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Wife and I got successfully J&J'ed at the Oakland Coliseum Mass Vac site. Props to a poo poo-ton of bored NG troops herding dumb lost people in cars.

Some day, this war's gonna end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cynicism is not a philosophy. It a poison that is killing you, right now.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Blue Angels are about to do their first program of the year with their new jets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrDf0-IHkqg

It's a low program, though. :smith:

DreamFlight's idea about "triggering the memories [WW2 vets] had when they were there" seems well-intentioned, but fraught with problems.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

My town's in the news for a cop killing right now, too--and the silver lining is that it looks like it's "only" negligent homicide rather than RWDS poo poo.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Paddyo posted:

I think the powers that be know that carriers and other capitol ships are just floating liabilities if we ever fight against another state actor who can throw up 40 modern anti-ship missiles.

Even in the Reagan-era flood tide of money, Aegis was never tested to capacity. Because, and I admit I'm paraphrasing here, "that would be too expensive." The F-14/Phoenix engage-six-targets-at-once thing was done in live fire exactly once.